Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

The first localization of a Kamen Rider series sense Black RX it's an Adaption of Kamen Rider Ryuki. Couple of episodes in and wanted to know if people here keep up with the series or not.

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Dragon_Knight

Opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgfnzYgjW9E
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Gadget

I think I'll give this a missed. Kamen Rider Ryuki was not one of the better Riders I think Blade or 555 is much better. It reminds me too much of Yu-Gi Yo Duel Monsters, and thier upgrade cards.
Fredrex00

Been watching Dragon Knight for a while. Pretty good series I must say. But then again, I haven't been watching Kamen Rider really, Kiva being my first series that I fully saw.

Missed a few episodes, but I'm slowly catching up with it. Can't wait for the next episode Saturday.
laj12387

From what I've watched I like it. This is a lot better than the masked rider show sabon made back in the 90s. The one thing I don't like about it is the whole card thing and its a lot better than power rangers. The next episode comes on tomarrow I'll be watching(Sunday at 11:30am in Atlanta not Saturday).
ZeroBusterXX

I was up early, so I gave it a watch. The special effects are better than Power Rangers and it was actually pretty entertaining. Beats repeats of Transformers anyways.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Here's a preview of the toy line, for those of us that are into that kind of thing:

http://www.collectiondx.com/article/nyt ... gon_knight
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
laj12387

I just finished watching episode 8 and it just keeps on getting better and better. I'm happy that they have finally started to diversify the cast of rider and it look like the further we get into the show the more new rider we get from different backgrounds. I think that that everyone needs to go and look at the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight trailer on there website and see what they they think about it. Also the 4kidstv has all the episodes up on there site. Kamen Rider Torque in the best!

Trailer: http://www.kamenridertv.com/
Episodes: http://www.4kidstv.com/kamen-rider-dragon-knight
Yue Osakura

you know, i can't beleave i'm saying this about a power ranger class show.......it's pretty damn good. unlike PR there really trying to kill each other. thats what makes it good so far.
People are like the stars, thier are bright once and then there are thoughs who are dim.
laj12387

I finally got to watch this weeks new episode. I have some questions, is JTC/James Trademore from Earth or is his the leader of the kamen rider that turned on the others from Ventara? And now that the kamen riders from Ventara have been revealed to look like the kamen riders from Earth. Do you think JTC or Xaviax killed the JTC look a like from Earth or will he show up later in the show to replace JTC/Kamen Rider Strike if he is vented?
artmaster079

It's a lot better than the Disney-fied Power Rangers, however....

I've seen all the Heisei era Kamen Rider Series, including Kamen Rider Ryuki - the source material for Dragon Knight - and i'd still prefer Ryuki.

The DK producers keep ranting about making it different from Power Rangers, but you can substitiute the bad guys from Ventara with most of the baddies from Power Rangers and it would still be the same.

Ryuki's storyline dealt with Ryuki and Knight fighting human-eating monsters and trying to survive the war between Riders.

Dragon Knight's story in comparison feels like a tacked on Power Ranger subplot
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

artmaster079 wrote:It's a lot better than the Disney-fied Power Rangers, however....

I've seen all the Heisei era Kamen Rider Series, including Kamen Rider Ryuki - the source material for Dragon Knight - and i'd still prefer Ryuki.

The DK producers keep ranting about making it different from Power Rangers, but you can substitiute the bad guys from Ventara with most of the baddies from Power Rangers and it would still be the same.

Ryuki's storyline dealt with Ryuki and Knight fighting human-eating monsters and trying to survive the war between Riders.

Well the biggest reason for that as in the part of 2000 several study groups were done on villans for kids tv shows and almost outright the raitings were near bottom on show that did not have a clear defined villan. Hence the reason a lot of show w/o central villans get one (Ex. Dekaranger - SPD gained a main aka Grumm) DK gets one too. Its really all about raising the raitings.
TaelonZ

artmaster079 wrote:It's a lot better than the Disney-fied Power Rangers, however....

Well the biggest reason for that as in the part of 2000 several study groups were done on villans for kids tv shows and almost outright the raitings were near bottom on show that did not have a clear defined villan. Hence the reason a lot of show w/o central villans get one (Ex. Dekaranger - SPD gained a main aka Grumm) DK gets one too. Its really all about raising the raitings.
artmaster079

The point I was making was that the Dragon Knight producers keep saying that they want to make it clear it isn't Power Rangers. Aside from the lack of matching colored spandex suits and a roll call with fancy poses, its still the same formula.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**