Help me get nominated!

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
lalahsghost

Help me get nominated!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2 ... 262g_3d_3d

This is what my friend put. do not copy it.

Just Don't be like "He rapes dead cows and farts on old women"

I could earn money or scholarships if you help me out. Just pick any of the options on the page after the page where you enter your 'name' and 'email.' Use a real name and email, but you do not have to have it available to anybody but the judges. (this is an option)

I choose to nominate Andrew Dasilva.

Andrew's Strong Christian values are just what Wesleyan needs. His motivation to bring the local townspeople of Buckhannon closer together with the college are often unseen, but inspire me to do more out in the community. He is always exhalting how wesleyan provides so much for students, and really motivates the youth of buckhannon to go to college no matter what, even if they have to take the loans to do it. He also has started a very impressive program of finding used or damaged bikes, fixing them, or donating them to several hand-picked families that are mechanically inclined that can fix them in order for these families that have little or no money or income. This has given these families hope. I have seen it in their eyes. It lets them know if they do honest work, for honest money. This fight on poverty is something that touches my hearstrings.

His bicycle advocacy at wesleyan is a breath of fresh air. Where else have you seen someone fight for bicycle racks, a Campus-wide bicycle registration. With the price of gas and as small as buckhannon is, I don't understand why more people don't bike around. He is really trying to make a positive change on campus, and even if that means two bike racks and a few bikes.... that is still a lot more than most students.

Andrew works at stockert, but he does not get paid to volunteer with the SYC youth basketball. Every weekend between december to march is devoted to those kids to have fun and learn a sport that he says "might earn them a scholarship to Wesleyan." These kids look up to him at work and at the games. They really know that he wants them to succeed.

ANdrew regularly attends a bible study off-campus, and tries to recruit, spread the gospel, or just testify to the great things that he has been a part of. Its a good feeling to see him talk about the lord.

So all in all that is why andrew dasilva has earned this award in my mind.
Mark064

This is what you get:

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Andrew want to ride his bicycle bicycle bicycle
Andrew want to ride his bicycle
Andrew want to ride his bike
Andrew want to ride it where he like

You say black he say white
You say bark he say bite
You say shark he say hey man
Jaws was never his scene
And he don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls he say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord he say Christ
He don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All he wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Andrews wants to ride his
Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah!
Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today
So look out for those beauties oh yeah
On your marks get set go
Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race
Bicycle bicycle bicyI want to ride my bicycle
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Bicycle race

You say coke he say caine
You say John he say Wayne
Hot dog he say cool it man
He don't wanna be the President of America
You say smile he say cheese
Cartier he say please
Income tax he say Jesus
He don't wanna be a candidate
For Vietnam or Watergate
Cos all he want to do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
Andrew want to ride it where he like
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
lalahsghost

Thanks for ruining the seriousness of this thread mark064... What a friend you are...
Nick Izumi

Well I'm a newbie here, but I have to say a forum for the discussion of giant robot anime might not be the best place to look for endorsement for scholarships.
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi
Sume Gai

doing it on the internet at all is hardly sound advice IMHO.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nowhere Man

Pssh. Who needs college. :roll:
Has no real point of view.
Knows not where he's going to.
Isn't he a bit like you and me?
The Big Zabowski

*watches mushroom cloud in the distance*

..Nice.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Nimrod

lalahsghost wrote:Thanks for ruining the seriousness of this thread mark064... What a friend you are...
yes because the INTERNET IS SERIOUS BIDNESS

:P :twisted:
foxpaws

I've received requests for recommendations and nominations via the internet, which I was happy to provide. I think the key is to do so in a relatively private area, one where most if not all participants can be trusted to demonstrate good behavior and judgment. I'd agree that doing so in an open forum is a good way to invite random silliness. ;)

(Although, as an aside, I'd note that when people asked for donations and encouragement for a person whose house was burnt down, most folks here behaved appropriately, and were quite eager to help in whatever way they could. Not that this solicitation for a recommendation is quite as serious as a house fire, mind, but when someone is asking for help, asking for the same courtesy to be returned isn't too much, I hope?) *grin*

That said, I'm ashamed to admit that I got a kick out of the Queen lyrics - but the poster gets points deducted for not following it up with the lyrics to Fat Bottomed Girls.

-- Keith
Last edited by foxpaws on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snoops619

Isn't it a tiny bit dishonest to give him a reference like the one he has written out when all any of us could possibly comment on is how he conducts himself on the forum seeing as we can't testify to any changes he's made in his local area (which is not in doubt)?

Also, won't it be a bit weird if all the references are signed 'yours faithfully, ____________ of the Mechatalk forum'?

I'm I off the mark with this or do scholarships/getting a place at a University (I'm not sure what he is trying to get from this) in America really work by getting as many signatures as possible?

Or is this some sort of external personal statement?

I'm confused @_@
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
foxpaws

Yeah. Not to knock an online community where I lurk from time to time, but for the purposes of university admission, asking for recommendations from members of an online forum for anime probably isn't the best approach. Surely there are people in your community, such as a teacher or community leader, who could write a compelling recommendation?

-- Keith
ORegan

foxpaws wrote:Yeah. Not to knock an online community where I lurk from time to time, but for the purposes of university admission, asking for recommendations from members of an online forum for anime probably isn't the best approach. Surely there are people in your community, such as a teacher or community leader, who could write a compelling recommendation?

-- Keith
Yeah, but teachers and community leaders are chumps, we be awesome without all them book learnin' that they be doing. :P

Here's what I wrote:

I'll have to nominate Andrew Dasilva. Over the pass few months, I've was hit hard with the death of my sister by a drunk driver. In my time of grief, I did a lot of things that I'm not too fond of mentioning. During this time, I almost turned to illegal substances if it wasn't for Andrew who helped me in my time of need. Without Andrew's assistance, I can assure you that I wouldn't have the brain cells to allow me to even type this, and my life would be in the control of a substance distributed by the devil.
Drug addict story FTW! :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
lalahsghost

Thanks guys. Wednesday was the last day of submissions eventhough the survey is still up.

It was my last ditch effort to get a few more extra votes in order to see if I can crash through this time-tested rigged system of autofellatio for the lazy "helpful leaders" on campus just to shine each other's medals and receive more.
ORegan

So did my drug addiction story make the deadline?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Kenji

This was kinda shady, as far as the rules go... but, this is even easier since it's finished, too.

If anyone has a problem with me locking it, please PM.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."