G-force limits

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Yue Osakura

G-force limits

I know ,ost to all mobile suits and armors have G-force limiters built into them. my question is:

In gundam seed-GSSG, do they even have them or are they removed?
People are like the stars, thier are bright once and then there are thoughs who are dim.
Destroy Gundam

They're never specifically mentioned in SEED or Destiny, if I recall correctly.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Duraham

in fact, the only mention of G forces that I could recall was in Gundam 00, Graham's custom flag. 18-20 G forces, even after dampening and installing limiters.
krullnar

What about in 0083 when kou was piloting the gp03 he had to take that vile or what ever I always believed that was for the intence accleration and what not.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Wingnut

krullnar wrote:What about in 0083 when kou was piloting the gp03 he had to take that vile or what ever I always believed that was for the intence accleration and what not.
No, that was something so he could continue to fight without having to stop and rest his own body from being in battle for so long. It had nothing to do with any G forces he had to deal with.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
krullnar

Oh ok that seems logical.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
X10A-Freedom

Dont know about seed but the best and maybe the most well know example of G-forces in a mobile suit is are good old friend the Tallgeese. The G-forces the Tallgeese was putting on pilots was killing them not to mention making it extremly difficult to pilot.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
sushicake

Wait what Seed had G-force limiters? I thought Kira's almighty suit didn't need them... joking aside

The best and I mean best example of a G-force limiter would have to be in Macross Plus when Guld removes it from his YF-21 to go and fight the Ghost cause his Variable Fighter couldn't keep up.

Go watch the Macross Plus movie and you'll see what happens to him.
you know what makes special sauce so special?
Yue Osakura

lets say I'm piloting a CGUE and i'l fighting the ...Impulse in speed mode, and I remove my suits limiter and my body can last for 2 min before my insides turn to mush.

Would i stand a slight chance at all or is it a lost cause?
People are like the stars, thier are bright once and then there are thoughs who are dim.
Kylern

probably not... The CGUE is so much older that it still wouldn't stand a chance. Look at the Strike getting its rear handed to it by a bunch of ZAKUs. Its the same idea but in reverse since the CGUE was originally worse than a Gundam rather than the Gundam being originally better than a MP unit.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Battosai28

While no limiters are directly mentioned, the GM's in ep. 3 of MS IGLOO blew up when trying to keep up with Zudah's. To the best of my knowledge, this is the fist time anything like that happend in UC (excluding design problems) Could this be because the GM pilots removed their hypothetical limiters? I can only speculate.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Wingnut

Battosai28 wrote:While no limiters are directly mentioned, the GM's in ep. 3 of MS IGLOO blew up when trying to keep up with Zudah's. To the best of my knowledge, this is the fist time anything like that happend in UC (excluding design problems) Could this be because the GM pilots removed their hypothetical limiters? I can only speculate.
I doubt it. IIRC, those were early GMs themselves so there could have been an error that caused them to explode that was easily fixed later on.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Duraham

I recalled it as the federation pliots switching off the limiters on purpose, hence causing the engines to overheat and explode
Gelmax

Yue Osakura wrote:lets say I'm piloting a CGUE and i'l fighting the ...Impulse in speed mode, and I remove my suits limiter and my body can last for 2 min before my insides turn to mush.

Would i stand a slight chance at all or is it a lost cause?
One must keep in mind that your piloting abilities are negatively impacted (to say the least) when you're having trouble moving your own limbs properly and your eyeballs are about to implode.
Kylern wrote:While no limiters are directly mentioned, the GM's in ep. 3 of MS IGLOO blew up when trying to keep up with Zudah's. To the best of my knowledge, this is the fist time anything like that happend in UC (excluding design problems) Could this be because the GM pilots removed their hypothetical limiters? I can only speculate.
As I recall, the episode was about engine problems causing mobile suits to explode if they maintain maximum thrust for too long. Engine problems aren't explicitly stated as the GMs' cause of death, but it most likely had more to do with overheating for whatever reason than it did with G-forces (limiter or no limiter, exceeding the rated acceleration for prolonged periods of time wouldn't cause a MS to explode in space with no prior visible problems and while the pilot's still conscious enough to give a death scream). Actually, I think they might have been skimming the atmosphere while doing their little high-speed chase. But it's never really elaborated on and it's not exactly a shining moment for anyone concerned in the first place.
DeltasTaii

In the case of the GMs it was engine problems. As for the Zudah, it was referred to (and shown as), actually breaking up given a certain acceleration, as even in its new EMS-10 form, it had never reached the structural integrity necessary for its "Jupiter Engine" thrust.

Interestingly, this isn't necessarily something that happens because of too much thrust, but rather just the right particular thrust application and acceleration curve. It could even be a harmonic issue or something.