The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Build 6.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Dark Duel

razgriz wrote:quick question about the alvarron aka super hayaku shiki gm, where does that massive beam blast originate from? its wings or its body? either way i dont see anything that looks like an emitter or gunport
None. If the massive beam blast you're talking about is the one I think, wasn't fired by the Alvaaron but by the Alvatore.
If you're talking about something else, I dunno. Will have to watch the eps again.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
auriga

Judging from razgriz's description, he is talking about the Alvarron. It did unleash an uber shot from its rifle while using the wings as some sort of charging mechanism.

Just a refresher, it was that shot that forced Setsuna to activate TransAm.
Dark Duel

Oh, THAT. I'd totally forgotten about that, thanks Auriga.
My mistake.

And Frankly, I have no idea. It seems to use the wings in generating the GN Field, so perhaps it instead channeled that energy into powering up its gunshot.
But I'm just speculating.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Meteoid

Looked to me like he charged up particles with the wings then sorta "ignited" them with the rifle. Perhaps it just changed the output pattern of the GN-field. Either way the wings seem important in forming it since it shows them floding up to firing position.
Dwin

Am I the only one turned off by the ESF's mobile suit. It doesn't look pratical at all. Come on a beam lancer!! Who came up with that waxky idea. I would thin that the ESF's mobile suits would stick to the original design of the GN-X. Anyone here agree with me?
ShadowCell

Seeing as how the only thing we've seen it do is stand around and there's no telling exactly what that weapon is or what it does...no.
SNT1

Dwin wrote:Am I the only one turned off by the ESF's mobile suit. It doesn't look pratical at all. Come on a beam lancer!! Who came up with that waxky idea. I would thin that the ESF's mobile suits would stick to the original design of the GN-X. Anyone here agree with me?
While I have no qualms with someone complaining about something not looking good or whatever, but I find this particular comment a bit off considering we're talking about a show with giant robots here.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Janx_Dolaris

I think its mostly cause the big 3 have so far been shown to be practicle, without funky gimmics or design features which a modern military would never employ (except using giant robots).

The ESF GN-X (or Upside-Down V, since the top thing is gone), does seem a bit weird that it has the lance, though maybe with a shield on the other arm, its better for the spinning circle of doom shown in episode 22.
SniperBlade

I was surfing around PB and I noticed this picture of a possible Double O Gundam

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj15 ... 173-20.jpg

and I didn't jsut go O SNAP THE oo GUNDAM
I used this picture to help.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj28 ... wy9eq4.jpg

I ain't saying this IS the 00 Gundam but it seemed pretty close. at firsts glance.
auriga

The drawing style kinda hints that it's fanmade. Way too angular and more importantly SEED-ish for any 00 design. Head also looks way too big compared to the one shown in-series.

And if that were the 00... Kinda hard a pill to swallow, IMO.
ShadowCell

That's definitely fanart. The style is inconsistent with that of the official lineart for other designs, and there's no indication that those huge green things on either side of the 00's head in that screenshot are part of the design, much less part of two GN Drives.
Meteoid

SniperBlade wrote:I was surfing around PB and I noticed this picture of a possible Double O Gundam

I ain't saying this IS the 00 Gundam but it seemed pretty close. at firsts glance.

Definitley Fanart. Someone drew it as a "revamp Exia" based on the 00. I'll try and find the original.
Janx_Dolaris wrote: The ESF GN-X (or Upside-Down V, since the top thing is gone), does seem a bit weird that it has the lance, though maybe with a shield on the other arm, its better for the spinning circle of doom shown in episode 22.
I personally reckon the Lance is purely ceremonial. I can understand that thyed redesign the Gn-X with some new weapons but not a lance. its just silly
Homeless

its just silly
Welcome to Gundam, please enjoy your stay.

Things working for the sake of cool in all forms of fiction aside, its really too early to be judging the lance anyway. It could have any number of useful applications that cannot be determined by looking at a row of MS standing still, and we already have numerous precedent for solid weapons piercing GN Fields.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Chris
Administrator

SniperBlade wrote:I was surfing around PB and I noticed this picture of a possible Double O Gundam

Not only is it very clearly fan drawn, that gigantic head makes it look more like a Mortar Headd than what's in the screenshot of the 00 Gundam. I really wish people wouldn't post this stuff, since it's clearly fanart. We're not going to be seeing the actual 00 Gundam until much closer to season 2's broadcast.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Neo-Era

Gundam SEED was formally announced in July 2002 and began airing the following October. SEED Destiny, which first aired in October 2004, was also officially announced in July of the year it came out, central cast and Impulse Gundam included.

So I'm guessing we'll see the official unveiling of the 00 Gundam by early July.
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
Recon 5

About the new GN-X lances, they aren't just piercing weapons. Each 'lance' clearly has multiple weapon ports around its circumference. Even if they're just GN Vulcans having so many so close together would even threaten Gundams (3 of the original 4 + the Nadleeh, anyway) and I have a strange suspicion that one or more of those may be full GN rifles.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Rudy A Winchester

Neo-Era wrote:Gundam SEED was formally announced in July 2002 and began airing the following October. SEED Destiny, which first aired in October 2004, was also officially announced in July of the year it came out, central cast and Impulse Gundam included.

So I'm guessing we'll see the official unveiling of the 00 Gundam by early July.
This also holds true for the first season of Gundam 00. We saw the series officially announced with Gundam00.net and all in July, and the series (obviously) followed suit in October. So we'll definitely see Gundam 00 S2 info in a few months. I think we'll likely see the main cast revealed (and the official fates of the old cast), along with the main Gundams to show up in the series. We'll probably also see significant announcements for Gunpla, such as a MG Exia.

There's no doubt that Sunrise/Bandai will make sure this series gets a good head start with the hype before it starts to air. And, like Neo-Era points out, they are generally doing so about two months in advance. I don't see them keeping S2 very secret when it comes to characters and mecha (however, plot is another matter).
AU_Gundam MK II

Thank you for quoting the image I found from another forum. The image that I found was apparently a lightened version of the scene with the shadowed 00.

Anyways, what is the output of the Tau Drives of the Thrones and the Alvarron compared to the GN-X? I get the feeling that they're higher than that of the GN-X.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Dwin

Does anyone no where I can find the lineart for Ali's Enact in flight mode?

Thanks in advance.
amagee

Speaking to the Tau Drive difference in the Thrones/Alvarron and the GN-X's, I would think they have the same output.

The difference would just be the performance time of the units. Remember that after a few (I think 2) short battles the Thrones were nearly out of power. I would guess that the reason the Alvarron seemed to have no power limit is that in reality - ironic talking about gundam - after it was reduced to one Tau Drive, it only fought for a few minutes before being destroyed so you wouldn't necessarily even get to worry about its power consumption.

I think it may just be that since the Alvarron and Thrones had more crap per one Tau drive, they would have less operating time but individually superior performance for their short operating time.

Oh, and about the lances on the GN-X look-alikes; they could just be for show even. We really don't know didly squat at this time.