The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Build 6.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Calubin_175

I think Alejandro's Golden MS resembles a GM implies that he desired to build a Gundam for himself, but the best he could do is to have something built from the image of a Gundam.

The GN-Xs seriously resemble Knightmare Frames. Compare it with Lancelot's face.

The design of the GN-X's looks like that it stemmed from the know how of the three power blocs.

The maneuverability of Union units
The medieval knight armor aesthetics of the AEU
The thick armor and mass productivity of HRL units

Note that the new model GN-X's pelvis resembles the ones of Flags and Enacts.

And it looks like that solid sharp weapons plus GN coating can penetrate GN fields. This is parallel with how the Blue Frame Second's blade with anti beam coating was able to break through a beam barrier. GN projectiles like Dynames' GN missiles can penetrate the GN-X's defense rod, but probably can't do the same to a large field.

Last of all, conventionally, large sluggish Mobile Armor are inevitably vulnerable to cleaver wielding Mobile Suits.
Recon 5

Calubin_175 wrote: And it looks like that solid sharp weapons plus GN coating can penetrate GN fields..
You know, it may not be too far- fetched to assume that the Federation (gotta start getting used to that term, I supposed) somehow learned that lesson as well. That would explain the 'shotlancers'. Pure chivalry seems to be a lousy excuse for that kind of weapon, coming from such practical minded people as the former Three Powers.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
jamnewman0056

Quick question. If Laguna Harvey is dead who is manufacturing these mobile suits? I mean because if I was a government official I wouldn't rely on a company hobbited with potential spies for Celestial Being. Will the UN or Federation rely on a manufacturer that has close ties to their organization(much like the Titans and their line of prototype mobile suits).
Viti Vide Vichi
auriga

*sigh* Go a few episodes back and you'll see the leaders of the superpowers discussing the need to mass-produce the GN Drive.
jamnewman0056

What I wondering is if they contract exactly how will they keep such powerful technology in check so they can maintain their hold over the populace. If they us a outside contractor they have an Anahime scenario where you have a third party with technology which rivals your own. Another scenario is if they become too powerful they could become another government or the worse case scenario for the UN another Celestial Being.
Viti Vide Vichi
MarineCOrps

Calubin_175 wrote:
The GN-Xs seriously resemble Knightmare Frames. Compare it with Lancelot's face.
\
I belive that the new mobile suits bear a closer resemblance to something the crossbone vanguard would make then a knightmare frame

Image #1
Image #2

Mod Edit (Red): Read The Rules. IMG Tags are against them, so don't use them again.
Laevatein

Thoughts on the GN Flag:

After seeing it in action, I think I can say with better certainty that it's actually less of a "Gundam Flag" and more like a Flag with a tacked on GN Drive (which it's supposed to be of course). Semantics aside, there is a difference, since the former implies that the Flag somehow gained Gundam-like performance through the GN Drive[T].

As the GN Flag uses the GN Drive[T] though, it's more like it's using the GN Drive as a multipurpose battery that can be specialized for each task. Note that the GN Particle emission on the GN Flag was insanely high when Graham arrived, yet once he relocated the GN Drive Tau on the Flag's left shoulder the visible output dropped dramatically. And also, Graham started using more of his standard propulsion (hydrogen engines) when he started fighting, telling me at least that the was using the GN Drive less as a propulsion system and more like a massive power source for the the beam saber.

Essentially, it was still just a Flag in terms of power and mobility, the GN Flag just has a more powerful battery for its lone beam weapon.
Recon 5

So its a lot like the Epyon and its H4XX beam saber. I just hope Graham doesn't have any Trieze- like ideas of 'honorable combat', though. The series has set him up to be so much more than that, vengefulness notwithstanding.

Heecarl_Reez

did the Allejandro MS have a different color GN particles..?
It seems Yellow(or Gold?)to me...And...The insane blast comes from the wing...scary....

Bout the Feddie...all will be GN-X....ughh..Guess only Graham that will keep using Flag..after he get the mask,and the Flag that emits 'red',wonder if he will paint his flag with red too.. :D
Janx_Dolaris

Graham only kept using the flag due to trying to avenge Howard (or prove what a flag could do or whatever). He's scrapped Exia, so chances are he'll move on now.

I can see him piloting a GN-X with a flag head thoough, painted black. Besides, Red is Ali's colour.
ned_2007

about the GN Flag, i think Billy rushed in installing a GN drive on Graham's Flag. it only had a beam saber for a weapon.

my question is what is the point of the GN drive swiveling to the left shoulder? the beam saber has a cord connected straight to the GN drive. also, if i am seeing this correctly, it looks like the beam saber can also be longer and have a bigger diameter.
Jack

ned_2007 wrote:about the GN Flag, i think Billy rushed in installing a GN drive on Graham's Flag. it only had a beam saber for a weapon.

my question is what is the point of the GN drive swiveling to the left shoulder? the beam saber has a cord connected straight to the GN drive. also, if i am seeing this correctly, it looks like the beam saber can also be longer and have a bigger diameter.
I'm guessing that they didn't have enough time to figure out how to power the beam saber through the hand plugs and just settled for a direct connection.
Janx_Dolaris

I still dont get why it had to swivel though, just have the cord attached to the drive in its 'engine' position, and have some way of blocking the flow while using it for engine power, and open the blocking mechanism when it wants to use the beamsaber.

It looks really goofy to move that entire thing just to power a beamsaber. And i'm surprised they didn't give it its standard linear rifle, given that it has its own internal power suppy in the clip.
Recon 5

It was probably unfinished, and Graham only sortied when he did because Setsuna's weakening after his battle with Alejandro opened up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to defeat an accursed Gundam. I can imagine that Billy must have been trying to keep him at home...

auriga

And i'm surprised they didn't give it its standard linear rifle
It is supposed to be useless against a Gundam after all. No surprises there.
It was probably unfinished, and Graham only sortied when he did because Setsuna's weakening after his battle with Alejandro opened up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to defeat an accursed Gundam. I can imagine that Billy must have been trying to keep him at home...
Makes you wonder where Graham came from, huh?
RedBlitz

Recon 5 wrote:It was probably unfinished, and Graham only sortied when he did because Setsuna's weakening after his battle with Alejandro opened up a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to defeat an accursed Gundam. I can imagine that Billy must have been trying to keep him at home...
I might be wrong here... but I get the feeling that Graham just got there and didnt really know what was going on.

Graham seems like an honorable guy... I dont think he would of attacked the Exia if he would of known the hell it had been through before. Kinda seems like a hollow victory, not really doing any justice to his promise.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
flabortast00

I'm curious what features 00 Gundam has to be "change the world" worthy. I mean CB's initial interventions worked so well because of the overwhelming tech gap. Now that the Federation has the same tech, It's hard to believe armed interventions will ever be the same..
RedBlitz

Im thinking Gundam 00 is going to = Strike Freedom, it would only make sense with the powerful suits the Federation are going to build. The 00 is going to need alot of fire power or swords considering Setsuna will be the pliot.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Genocide

RedBlitz wrote:Im thinking Gundam 00 is going to = Strike Freedom, it would only make sense with the powerful suits the Federation are going to build. The 00 is going to need alot of fire power or swords considering Setsuna will be the pliot.
That wouldn't make any sense. I don't think there's any reason to believe that the OO is going to overshadow MP units like the Strike Freedom did in GSD. Frankly, the Gundams were barely better than the GN-X in the first season (minus the trans-am system), which I think is the main reason why the battles were interesting. The last thing this show needs is a Strike Freedom counterpart.
SNT1

Genocide wrote:
RedBlitz wrote:Im thinking Gundam 00 is going to = Strike Freedom, it would only make sense with the powerful suits the Federation are going to build. The 00 is going to need alot of fire power or swords considering Setsuna will be the pliot.
That wouldn't make any sense. I don't think there's any reason to believe that the OO is going to overshadow MP units like the Strike Freedom did in GSD. Frankly, the Gundams were barely better than the GN-X in the first season (minus the trans-am system), which I think is the main reason why the battles were interesting. The last thing this show needs is a Strike Freedom counterpart.
Have you forgotten the fact that the fab four continually routed the first-half grunts nearly effortlessly? Now, we really have no clue what this 00 Gundam can do, but it's not like Gundam 00 hadn't had its share of grunt-wiping. I think the better phrase would have been "The last thing this show needs is ZAKU/GOUF/Windam suckage." The GN-X delivered, so I am not going to doubt the blue derivatives in S2.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/