The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Build 6.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
jam!

Why did the Nadleeh HAVE to deploy? Someone says that the plating broke off but is the "hair" on the Nadleeh for reconnecting the armour plating? Or is it that they simply don't have replacements for the armour? Or the armour was damaged beyond repair?

Also, what was that comment about Nadleeh's particle emissions that Allelujah was about to mention? Could Nadleeh's GN drive be low hence the need for the Virtue armour plating which I assume has numerous GN capacitors?

Personally, I find it wierd that they couldn't repair both the Virtue and the Nadleeh within those six (to seven?) hours. Did they only have spare cockpit blocks lying around? I'd figure that if I'm launching a global offensive that I'd keep some spare arms, legs and attachments lying around and not just secret super-weapon attachments for "rainy-days"
Indicible

Someone says that the plating broke off but is the "hair" on the Nadleeh for reconnecting the armour plating?
Would you go into battle with a cracked armor?
Hardly. So, if the plating on Virtue's armor cracked for any reason (too many impacts, stress during Trans-Am...), it would be logical to simply remove it, allowing Nadleeh to use its speed rather than the now useless armor.
Could Nadleeh's GN drive be low hence the need for the Virtue armour plating which I assume has numerous GN capacitors?
It's not a problem of low GN Drive, but a matter of equipment: Nadleeh was not equipped with dispersors (those golden pumps like on Dynames backside).
Personally, I find it wierd that they couldn't repair both the Virtue and the Nadleeh within those six (to seven?) hours.
They also had Kyrios to repair.
Given the choice, it would be more logical to switch to Nadleeh that only needs an once over inspection, rather than spending time on armor reparation and perhaps lacking some time to repair Kyrios.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
auriga

IMO, even if they did have spare parts for the Virtue, it still would have been a better option to stick with the Nadleeh. The Virtue is just too slow, and the GN Barrier that was once God armor is now vulnerable to GN-X beam fire. Sure it has the Trans-Am, but the Virtue is too much of an energy hog to use it efficiently.
Nadleeh was not equipped with dispersors (those golden pumps like on Dynames backside).
I believe they are called "condensers."
azrael

Indicible wrote:
Could Nadleeh's GN drive be low hence the need for the Virtue armour plating which I assume has numerous GN capacitors?
It's not a problem of low GN Drive, but a matter of equipment: Nadleeh was not equipped with dispersors (those golden pumps like on Dynames backside).
Just adding...
Think of Nadleeh as a mech with a just a GN Drive. No condensers, no extra equipment. It's pretty much, just a bare-bones MS. Like a car with only the engine, chassis and wheels. No AC, no trunk, no skin. Dynames, Kyrios, Exia have equipment built in to them (like condensers). That equipment is not found on Nadleeh or is not as great as the others. The armor of Virtue adds the extra equipment that Nadleeh lacks.
Zangetsu

Does anyone else get the feeling that the gundams are getting an upgrade during the time skip? Each with the exception of the Exia (Still possible) is extensivly damaged.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Skippy438

I agree Zangetsu, it looks like they're definitely gearing up for some new suits in October, or maybe even ... brace yourselves ... OLD ONES! CB doesn't have the time to create a ton of new suits so they upgrade old ones like the O Gundam and some of the ones from the mangas? Definitely a departure from previous series, but this series has been doing that,
Chris
Administrator

Zangetsu wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that the gundams are getting an upgrade during the time skip? Each with the exception of the Exia (Still possible) is extensivly damaged.
You're saying "time skip" but that's just an assumption. We don't know if there's going to be a time skip with season 2, or if it will pick up directly after episode 25.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Exia

Maybe the Un will rebuild the damaged Gundams just like OZ did with the Gundams in Gundam Wing. After all according to the preview of episode 25 every Gundam will be out of comission so its possible that the remains of the UN will capture the rest of Celestial Being in order to research the Gundams.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Dark Duel

Just one point as a matter of clarification. Exia, the only Gundam OZ rebuilt was Wing Gundam, and that was done by Zechs 'cuz he was just nutty that way. He was, incidentally, ordered to destroy it by his superiors, and refused to do so.
The Maguanac Corps repaired Sandrock on their own, and the others besides HeavyArms(which hadn't taken all that much damage before arriving in space) were rebuilt from the ground up.

Also, do recall that the orders with regards to the Gundams are no longer "capture" but "destroy". The UN Force already has GN-technology at any rate (flawed, true, but they don't know it), courtesy of Alejandro "Goldenwannabe" Corner.
So any incentive for capturing the Gundams is gone anyway.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
auriga

Dynames, Kyrios, Exia have equipment built in to them (like condensers).
In case people might be confused, the Exia does not have GN condensers (IIRC).
toysdream

auriga wrote:In case people might be confused, the Exia does not have GN condensers (IIRC).
Actually, the latest word seems to be that the glass discs on the knees, elbows, et cetera of the Exia are GN Condensers; the circular yellow vents on the butts of the Dynames and Virtue, and on the legs of the Kyrios, are actually GN Verniers.

-- Mark
auriga

Interesting development...

In that case (actually, I've always wondered, lol)... What do GN Condensers do?
vipergb34

auriga wrote:Interesting development...

In that case (actually, I've always wondered, lol)... What do GN Condensers do?
There storage units for gn particles.
Maelstromm

toysdream wrote:
auriga wrote:In case people might be confused, the Exia does not have GN condensers (IIRC).
Actually, the latest word seems to be that the glass discs on the knees, elbows, et cetera of the Exia are GN Condensers; the circular yellow vents on the butts of the Dynames and Virtue, and on the legs of the Kyrios, are actually GN Verniers.

-- Mark
Intriguing, I always did wonder where (or what) the fabled GN Condensers were, but here's a question though - I don't assume that just because the other three Gundams have lesser visible GN Condensers, they would have lesser GN Particle storage capabilities than Exia right?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Recon 5

Probably not. The base capacity should be the same for all models (including Nadleeh). However, Virtue logically would have extra condensers in its armor to power all its neat toys.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
toysdream

I think the flat disc-shaped widgets on the back of the Virtue's legs and backpack may be armored GN Condensers. If memory serves, the similar device attached to the Plutone's butt was the first GN Condenser installed in any of the Gundams. Likewise, the Plutone seems to have been the first machine with GN Verniers; if I recall correctly, these even double as emitters for its defensive GN Field.

-- Mark
ORegan

Would calling the giant golden pimpmobile the "Super Aspalus" be accurate?

It has 7 Tau drivers, so it should be able to hover in the atompshere like the GN mobile suits can. So that'll make it a more efficiant than a minovsky craft system.

I obviously don't need to compare the fact that they both have giants laser beams of doom. But the pimpmobile has a GN field and claws like the Nuel Zeal, so it could be an AU rape baby of the two Zeon MA's.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Dark Duel

I'd say yes, but the Apsalus didn't have claws, and this does - of the kind that can be tucked against the main body - like the Val Varo.
I think it's more along the lines of a blinged-out oversized Val Varo, so "Bling Varo" seems fitting.
"Blingro" would work too. Though they couldn't tuck against the body, the Bigro did have claws, and it also had a big cannon in the nose.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
jamnewman0056

mobile armor

Mobile armors seemed to be used a little more do you think during the time skip the Gundams will be equipped to deal with the changes that the UN has made to it's arsenal? I did notice that this series deals with real world issues I would think the arms races would be reinvigorated with Gundam00 latest developments.
Viti Vide Vichi
Duraham

I think the most important question would be how are able to produce so many GN Tau drives without anyone knowing. okay fine, their base is in Antartica, but you'd expect the world's 3 powers to search thoroughly throughout the world once they get the GN-X. Like how they managed to find the hiding location of the Thrones and the CB relatively quickly. So it does seem highly unlikely that a factory that has produced 40 GN Tau drives so far (30 GN-X, 3 Thrones, 7 for the "blingmobile") is able to escape detection from the big 3.