The Official Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Build 6.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
wing zero alpha

jam! wrote:In the age of technological advancements, switching between mobile suits should be akin to switching between cars if not, as you say, switching between fighter planes.
Even in cars, it's not like you can switch from a Honda Civic to a Dodge Viper or Ford Mustang on the fly and expect the same control and feel over the car as you did the Civic.
Now Ali has lots of experience with mobile suit piloting and from what we've seen of the Throne Gundams' cockpits, they are deceptively simple looking. Add to that that Ali didn't try using the fangs or increasing GN output or some other crazy feature and stuck to the basics which were pushing the speed high-throttle, swinging the sword and firing the gun then why would he need lots of training if he's so experienced?
I imagine that the GN Buster Sword swings a whole lot different from the blade rifle that the Enact carries (it's only about five times its size), and at the same time the GN handgun is set differently in terms of aiming and firing than anything Ali's fired before. Even without the Fangs, Ali was overpowering Setsuna, whose combat style revolves solely around melee and has had much longer time with his machine, with just the Zwei's basic weapons.
Also, it's your own assumption that Ali was using it to its full potential. He was just using it better than Michel ever seemed to.
Maybe not its full potential, but piloting it far better than the man who from the sound of things was literally raised to pilot it still says a lot.
I think the hardest thing was whatever he did to bypass the security system on the Zwei and he was probably helped by Livonze and Alejandro to do that as well as find the Thrones especially since he knew all about them. However, that information could've also come from Lagna as you and others have supposed.
I can't imagine Laguna turning sides on the Trinitys that fast only for Ali to kill him after, but then stranger things have happened. Personally I'd like to think Alejandro and Livonze were responsible for his being able to access the Zwei, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.
It is entirely possible that Lagna gave him information on the Throne Gundams when Ali was pressuring him to give him a GN-X however I doubt Lagna had a MS simulator in stock that was tuned specifically to using the Throne Gundams more so, the Throne Zwei. It is possible though but somehow unlikely.
Be pretty strange if Ali managed to pilot the Zwei that well just from reading the operation manual (no pun here).
I don't think the back-thing could be a control-unit. It's likely there just like the backpacks of every other Gundam pilot from almost every series. They don't really serve a function though we may assume they could have in rations and medical supplies in case of being marooned.
They seem to connect with the Gundam somehow though, as evidenced when Setsuna jacked in. Plus even in previous Gundam series we never saw pilots carry emergency rations and medical supplies in their normal suits; usually there was a compartment in the cockpit that held all that. Same goes for real life fighter pilots.
Strike Zero

You guys could always just do what I do and assume that Ali really is that good just because he's so awesome.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
jam!

In cars, it just takes a few moments to realise the difference. It's likely moving from driving different manual cars to jeeps to small trucks. Not that much of a difference even if you take out power-steering and age the transmission some. An experienced driver can handle it fairly well.

Ali did the same thing to Setsuna when he was piloting the Enact and he didn't seem to have that much experience with one considering it was a new unit then. What's your point?

Lagna did betray the Thrones. He gave the GN-Xs to the Big 3 then told the Big 3 where the Thrones base was. That was fairly obvious.
Commissar Bright Noa

Maybe the GN-X's and Throne's controls are similar and thus he used a flight sim of the GN-X?

Maybe he had prior knowlege (or not) of the Throne's controls and he was able to pilot it by it sending the controls to his brain (thus the biometrics and also sorta like the Bio computer where they info was sent to the brain)?

Quit whining about this stuff, its annoying.
flamingtroll

On the point of pilot suits, It seems to me it is mostly for biometrics for monitoring the pilot status and various life support functions (pressure, temperature regulation and such). I don't think they really need to be anything more advanced like bio-computers or neuro interfaces. Although the show have been purposefully ambiguous about how the GN Drives *seem* to reactive to the emotional state of the pilot. But before anything more solid comes up, I think it is more reasonable to assume they are nothing more than normal suits
Jak Crow

wing zero alpha wrote:
jam! wrote:The same way he can control an Enact? Lol.
I don't think it takes much to sit down in a cockpit. Should be similar to sitting down in a carseat ...maybe without seatbelts.
You misunderstand Jam. If you look at the back of the Trinitys' normal suits, you'll see that they have these little pods to them. In similar manner, the Ptoly Meisters have jacks on the back of their suits that plug into ports in their cockpit seats. Since the Gundams can be controlled without the packs being plugged in and the main security measure for the Gundams is the eye scan (at least for the initial four), I figured that the packs were made to aid in the control of the Gundams; my guess is they relay neural data from the Meisters. So again, I wonder how Ali was able to control the Zwei better than Michael ever could (bad enough that the Zwei's cockpit and control system is in no way similar to the Enact's and Ali has had no prior experience with the machine) without one of those pods/packs.
Ali used a "plot" device to pilot it. :)

Gundam shows are notorious for having characters jump into a new MS and instantly know how to pilot it and work every weapon perfectly.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

ummmm dude, plot shielding and devices aren't valid reasons here, it even says in the rules to not even bother discussing them.
SNT1

Ali getting into other suits and be able to pilot it is a non-issue. Happens in any other Gundam series.

This line of discussion is to end here, otherwise posts will be deleted.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Arbiter GUNDAM

And on that note...

I just had a crazy idea. What if the Gundams' armor is like Phase Shift armor, but instead of the SEED color change with water version, GN Particles are distributed through the armor making it much tougher to damage than your normal armor.

Yay or nay? And sorry if this has been brought t up before.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Recon 5

Nay. Gundams are said to be armored with E- Carbon, which is already known by the powers to be a sort of super- metal. However, the powers do not have the technology to mass- produce or effectively damage it, outside of their new GN stuff.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
latenlazy

Nah, E-Carbon is probably a carbon allotrope...
J-Lead

Indeed, it's been implied that things like the GN shield use GN Particles to strengthen their resistance or something along those lines, but the Gundam's armor itself is simply uber-metal.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Arsarcana

flamingtroll wrote:Although the show have been purposefully ambiguous about how the GN Drives *seem* to reactive to the emotional state of the pilot.
As we're fond of pointing out every time someone brings this up, there's no ambiguity here. There's only one point where we don't have a clearly stated reason for a Gundam appearing to react to the pilot's emotions and that one (in Moralia) can be better explained by Setsuna transferring extra power to the sword rather than some sort of emotional link. Every other time, there has been an explicit and external reason. Even our usual 'emotion-powered' poster seems to have gotten the hint since I haven't seen him argue that the Trans-Am was triggered by Setsuna's emotions.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I hate to make another comparison but if I understand this correctly, E-Carbon is 00s version of Gundanium alloy? Everyone knows about it but no one has lots of it because it's hard to make?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
ORegan

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I hate to make another comparison but if I understand this correctly, E-Carbon is 00s version of Gundanium alloy? Everyone knows about it but no one has lots of it because it's hard to make?
Hit the hammer on the head.

I wonder, how long did it take them to acquire enough E-Carbon to make the Gundams and assumingly the Ptoy?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Exia

Aeolia disappeared 200 years before Celestial Being "officially" appeared along with several other scientists, so i guess this amount of time should be enough to create enough e-carbon to construct the Gundams and the Ptolemaios.
Janx_Dolaris

I thought newer MS and the elevators were also made out of E-Carbon, back in episode 3, when they had the bomb container that Kyrios dropped, they were talking bout E-Carbon like it was nothing special.
Exia

Perhaps e-carbon is too expensive to use it on mass-produce Mobile suits.
flamingtroll

Arsarcana wrote:
flamingtroll wrote:Although the show have been purposefully ambiguous about how the GN Drives *seem* to reactive to the emotional state of the pilot.
As we're fond of pointing out every time someone brings this up, there's no ambiguity here. There's only one point where we don't have a clearly stated reason for a Gundam appearing to react to the pilot's emotions and that one (in Moralia) can be better explained by Setsuna transferring extra power to the sword rather than some sort of emotional link. Every other time, there has been an explicit and external reason. Even our usual 'emotion-powered' poster seems to have gotten the hint since I haven't seen him argue that the Trans-Am was triggered by Setsuna's emotions.
So I guess it was just pure coincidence that all this stuff happens just exactly when the pilots are placed in an emotional situation? Whether GN Drives has anything to do with the pilot's emotion doesn't really matter here since the writers clearly try to put the two together, which is what I am pointing out. Obviously everyone knows the current explanation for what happened. I don't think it is inconceivable they could be made related if the staff decide to do so in the future, and these coincidences could be later used as reinforcement to their explanation. It's too early to tell.
Genese Gundam

I think it is both; GN infused or at least partly infused E carbon, because on the Gunpla (which are really 3d renditions of the lineart, so its not a completley hopeless point) because there seems to be quite a few light purple GN cables leading into the arms and legs of the gundams, which probably supply power to the weapons and the body parts, if not the armour, at least the internal frame, or perhaps the circular GN drive discs on the chest, arms etc. which emit particles that coat the major parts of the body, which would also explain why the GN TAU Gundams and GN-X units are far easier to maim and defeat, as they seem to be lacking both the GN drive discs on the arms and legs, and the purple cables on the entire suits. Also if it was just E-Carbon, the 3 nations would likely already no a way to either destroy or weaken it.

Come to think of it, has anyone else noticed how only the Solar Furnace units have those features?
Last edited by Genese Gundam on Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'