OYW MS Technology?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
toysdream

RGM-79 GM wrote:[Well I've counted the on screen deaths at A Boua Qu(not that on screen really matters for the overall numbers) and going by what I saw(and remebmer) the Feds mostly lost RB-79s and the Zeon mostly lost Rick-Doms. So I guess according to you they are equal right? It went in this order IIRC RB-79, MS-09R, MS-06, RGM-79, MS-14.
By my count, the onscreen losses at A Baoa Qu come to 8 GMs, 7 Balls, 10 Zakus, 10 Rick Doms, and 2 Gelgoogs. The new footage in the movie version depicts the loss of another 2 GMs, 5 Zakus, and 1 Rick Dom, so taking both versions into account the grand total would be 10 GMs, 7 Balls, 15 Zakus, 11 Rick Doms, and 2 Gelgoogs.

In many cases, though, it's hard to see who's destroying whom. This is a chaotic battle, and a lot of machines are taken down by lucky shots or overwhelming enemy fire. In earlier, smaller battles, we often see GMs getting the better of Rick Doms in melee combat, but their long-range weapons seldom seem terribly effective. The beam spray gun is often described as a suppression weapon to drive away or pin down enemy machines, so perhaps we should think of it as something between a real beam rifle and the Dom's wimpy diffuse beam gun.

-- Mark
HalfDemonInuyasha

And/or, similar to what I said earlier, the fact that it's a destructive beam weapon will probably scare a few Zeon pilots too, possibly into surrendering or at least throwing off their performance because of that fear (at least ones not used to beam weapons or are just more fearless in general).
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
RGM-79 GM

toysdream wrote:
RGM-79 GM wrote:[Well I've counted the on screen deaths at A Boua Qu(not that on screen really matters for the overall numbers) and going by what I saw(and remebmer) the Feds mostly lost RB-79s and the Zeon mostly lost Rick-Doms. So I guess according to you they are equal right? It went in this order IIRC RB-79, MS-09R, MS-06, RGM-79, MS-14.
By my count, the onscreen losses at A Baoa Qu come to 8 GMs, 7 Balls, 10 Zakus, 10 Rick Doms, and 2 Gelgoogs. The new footage in the movie version depicts the loss of another 2 GMs, 5 Zakus, and 1 Rick Dom, so taking both versions into account the grand total would be 10 GMs, 7 Balls, 15 Zakus, 11 Rick Doms, and 2 Gelgoogs.

In many cases, though, it's hard to see who's destroying whom. This is a chaotic battle, and a lot of machines are taken down by lucky shots or overwhelming enemy fire. In earlier, smaller battles, we often see GMs getting the better of Rick Doms in melee combat, but their long-range weapons seldom seem terribly effective. The beam spray gun is often described as a suppression weapon to drive away or pin down enemy machines, so perhaps we should think of it as something between a real beam rifle and the Dom's wimpy diffuse beam gun.

-- Mark
Alright. Thanks for the clarificationa bout the losses. I didn't keep track of it very well when I did it.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death