Strongest mech in anime?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
bathingape

Strongest mech in anime?

I am trying to collect the strongest robots of animes. Are there any other robots which are as strong as shin getter, raxpheron, mazinkaiser, ideon, gunbuster, zeroymer and gggg?
buster machine 7 is too organic look
Last edited by bathingape on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SNT1

Gonna say Ideon...

It's infinite-length sword, black hole cannon... I don't know if anything can match that.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Indicible

Perhaps SRX? But it's burning through its Tronium reserves like Bob Marley through a ganja field.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Dygenguard

SRX pales to the Banpreios. The SRX was beaten to a pulp in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, if I recall correctly, so badly that they had to bring the Banpreios in from an alternate reality.

Directly above that is Dis Astranagant, Zeorymer, Shin Getter Armageddon mecha, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Ideon. Ideon is undoubtably king, TTGL is roughly second, but the others can be argued as on par.

EDIT: Included TTGL and Shin Getter.
Last edited by Dygenguard on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ougi: Guren Maengun!!!
OpMegs

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann deserves an honorable mention, but then there's the debate as to whether or not it's literally able to exist in normal space, rather than Super Spiral Space.

So, yeah, Ideon seems to be the reigning champ.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Indicible

SRX pales to the Banpreios.
Ah, right, I had forgotten the true racoon-masked super-robot.
The SRX was beaten to a pulp in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, if I recall correctly, so badly that they had to bring the Banpreios in from an alternate reality.
I thought it was "just" a redesigned SRX without the separation parts and a uprgaded engine...
Ideon seems to be the reigning champ.
With the minor problem that it can destroy the universe along with its enemies, which is, I'm sure you'll agree, a bit of a quandary.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Dygenguard wrote:SRX pales to the Banpreios. The SRX was beaten to a pulp in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, if I recall correctly, so badly that they had to bring the Banpreios in from an alternate reality.
A bit of misconception there. :P

In @3, the SRX was destroyed by Hazal/Hazar (whichever way you want to spell his name) because the Balmar forces had the SRX's design data, since it was their own guy (Ingram Plisken) who designed it back in @1. Pretty easy to destroy a mech when you know all about it and its weaknesses, and the SRX was already experimental to begin with, so...

The Banpreios wasn't brought in from another reality. It was in construction at or near the beginning of @3 by the earth forces, and was rushed into service for the war. The part you're mistaking for being brought in from another reality, I believe, is how the Banpreios has the ability to use the Crossgate to travel around the galaxy. (I forgot what the ability was called exactly, something-X)

As for the topic, my fanboy side says the Banpreios. :D But realistically (-ish :P ), I would say the Ideon. Like, how can you top something that can wipe out all life in existence? That or the Cybuster, for being able to plug into the Akashic Record.
Last edited by Shinji103 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryujin

There's also Demonbane, what with its connection to the Cthulhu mythos & all that...
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Indicible wrote:I thought it was "just" a redesigned SRX without the separation parts and a uprgaded engine...
Well, it was more than that. As I said in my previous post, the SRX was experimental, hence the "X" at the end of its name. The Banpreios took the SRX and improved upon its design, with no more overheating and such. So the Banpreios was a complete and total improvement over the more unstable SRX, thus a much more powerful machine.
Ryujin wrote:There's also Demonbane, what with its connection to the Cthulhu mythos & all that...
Ahhh, yes there is Demonbane. And it's nice to see that there are others who know of that title. While the anime was slightly underpar compared to the game due to its short length, it was still a nice production. :)
razgriz

if its not too fantastic i would go with eva-01 since well it does its part to screw humanity over (for some people) otherwise id go with ideon with its galaxy ripping cannon
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
quasadra

define "strong". is it about good at what they are intended for or just being invincible? is the latter is the answer, then Ideon is the obvious champ......
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Kuruni

Shinji103 wrote:Ahhh, yes there is Demonbane. And it's nice to see that there are others who know of that title. While the anime was slightly underpar compared to the game due to its short length, it was still a nice production. :)
(Rise his hand) Although I'm more interest in character \(^0^)/

Back on topic, then we has Granzon and Astranagant. Both said to has power to wipe universe, although Granzon and it's upgrade Neo Granzon got defeated by Cybuster. Astranagant was said to has power equal to Granzon back in Alpha and that put its variant, Dis Astranagant, on same tier.

Interesting, Akurasu SRW Wiki note how illustor of Ryukooh Denki manga author one dojin depict his own version of Alpha 3's end. Where Shin Ryuohki absorb Keiser Ephes's power and evolve into Ouryuoh. And it require EVERY members of Alpha Numbers, including those from Alpha Gaiden's alternate future, to join force in order to take it down. Now that's quite interesting.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I'd have to say any FMP mech with a Lambda Driver installed seems strong enough.

Also suprised Genesic GaoGaiGar wasn't mentioned yet
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Kurando

OpMegs wrote:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann deserves an honorable mention, but then there's the debate as to whether or not it's literally able to exist in normal space, rather than Super Spiral Space.

So, yeah, Ideon seems to be the reigning champ.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann can exist in normal space. It creates a spiral space within itself. Official info found in an interview btw.
Draco Starcloud

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Also suprised Genesic GaoGaiGar wasn't mentioned yet
It might have brute strength, but aside from the Goldion Crusher, it's lacking in super weapons.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Dark Duel

MY VOTE GOES TO NEO-GRANZON!!
Because that thing is made of awesome and epic win.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Getter Emperor, anyone? Biggest robot I've ever heard of.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cardi Doorl

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Also suprised Genesic GaoGaiGar wasn't mentioned yet
It was mentioned in the first post :P
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Den

xenogear from xenogears for me. anyone played that game?? hehehe
J-Lead

Den wrote:xenogear from xenogears for me. anyone played that game?? hehehe
Yeah, it's really quite a masterpiece. While the Xenogears itself hold some ground here, being an instrument of God and all, I still don't think it can beat the Ideon.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."