Turn X

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
DAG101

Turn X

okay, I recently heard something about the Turn X being a Shining Gundam infected by DG cells. is there anything that actually suggests this to be true?
UrbanSniper

Re: Turn X

DAG101 wrote:okay, I recently heard something about the Turn X being a Shining Gundam infected by DG cells. is there anything that actually suggests this to be true?
That's probably not got a hint of truth to it, since Turn X is from Turn A gundam, and Shining Gundam is from G Gundam, two completly unrelated universes with completly unreleated technology.
Dark Duel

Well, the Turn-X does have the Shining Finger.
However, that is the ONLY similarity, and is not enough to support the theory - which seems quite farfetched IMO.
The Shining Gundam's sole armament is a pair of beam sabers, precisely the sort of weapon the Turn-X lacks. And the Turn-X's own array of beam weapons are absent on Shining.
Nor is there any evidence, IIRC, that DG Cell infection could alter the infected MS to such a degree.

What I really think is that that theory is just a half-hearted or poorly-thought-out attempt to explain the Turn-X's Shining Finger - no offense meant, DAG.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Chris
Administrator

Dark Duel wrote:Well, the Turn-X does have the Shining Finger.
However, that is the ONLY similarity, and is not enough to support the theory - which seems quite farfetched IMO.
The Shining Gundam's sole armament is a pair of beam sabers, precisely the sort of weapon the Turn-X lacks. And the Turn-X's own array of beam weapons are absent on Shining.
Nor is there any evidence, IIRC, that DG Cell infection could alter the infected MS to such a degree.
That's not entirely correct - the Shining Gundam also has vulcans, as well as the rarely used smoke bombs and Shining Shot.
Dark Duel wrote:What I really think is that that theory is just a half-hearted or poorly-thought-out attempt to explain the Turn-X's Shining Finger - no offense meant, DAG.
This is precisely what it is. There have been unfounded rumors going back for years that the Turn X is a rebuilt Shining Gundam and that Turn A is the final evolution of the Devil Gundam. An interesting theory to be sure, but there's absolutely nothing to prove it, so it's just a fan concoction.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Recon 5

Then again, it is Turn A Gundam we're talking about, and the Black History is pretty black. For all we know, every fan theory ever concocted could be true (just as all pre- Turn A series mecha may have existed) but it all occurred during the Black History.
toysdream

Chris wrote:There have been unfounded rumors going back for years that the Turn X is a rebuilt Shining Gundam and that Turn A is the final evolution of the Devil Gundam. An interesting theory to be sure, but there's absolutely nothing to prove it, so it's just a fan concoction.
The Turn A/Devil Gundam connection is pretty tenuous, but it's still an interesting possibility. The Devil Gundam's objective was to use its nanomachines to restore Earth to a primitive state so that nature could recover, and that's exactly what the Turn A ended up doing with its own nanomachines. The two machines don't have anything in common design- or technology-wise, but that's still an intriguing parallel.

Even though it opposes the Devil Gundam-esque Turn A and wields its own version of the Shining Finger, it's harder to draw a connection between the Turn X and the Shining Gundam. We're told that the Turn X was created far from the Earth Sphere, perhaps even outside the solar system, which suggests a very different origin for this machine. Most likely it was made by the previous generations of space colonists who we see leaving the solar system in the show's flashback sequences.

-- Mark
Mark064

The rumor of the Turn A being an evolution of the Devil Gundam was actually written in the Turn A's profile in one of the G Gen games for GBA which actually stated it was a rumor. The creators might just be having fun though as there is the Devil Gundam Jr. in previous G Gen games as well...
Dark Duel

toysdream wrote:We're told that the Turn X was created far from the Earth Sphere, perhaps even outside the solar system, which suggests a very different origin for this machine.
While it's not "beyond the solar system", a friend of mine speculated that Turn-X may have been created by the Jupiter Empire...who, he says, secretly funded the Crossbone Vanguard, then later the Zanscare Empire.
I don't know if there's any truth to that...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Note that this just my OWN thought on the Turn X. This is not official in any way whatsoever.

I was actually thinking for a while that it might possibly be a "lost" Devil Gundam Junior...

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ggf/jdg-010.htm

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a ... -x-612.htm

...that hid and evolved over many years while absorbing and assimilating that was taken by the Devil Gundam itself through its encounters with Domon and the Shining + God Gundam, hence the Shining Finger Attack it can produce, but also "learned" newer/older technology developed/used throughout history, hence its own ability to generate the Moonlight Butterfly just like the Turn A Gundam is capable of as well as its own advanced technology. (with such a high output generator, weapons platform, etc). All thanks to its own "heritage" of self-evolution and whatnot.

Then, besides the general appearance between the 2, there's also the fact that (at least according to the profile) the Devil Gundam Junior was already capable of 4 "Deva King Bits" + itself while the Turn X is able to separate into 5 separate components (each limb + head) for separate attacks. Also toss in the small fact that, as with the Turn X, the Devil Gundam Junior really has little to no actual data on it and not even anything in the Dark History about it. It's quite possible that it didn't even appear until AFTER the Turn A finished its "cleansing" of advanced technology, in which case, it learned and self-evolved further from the Turn A's doing.

Of course, like I said, this is all just my own babbling.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Duraham

well, in the end isn't Turn A supposed to be the very last gundam series? in-anime timeline wise. so its possible that the mechs in Turn A be related to those of other gundam series, whether they were created before Turn A was out (eg. G gundam), or after (eg. SEED. remembered something about the moon cities being from SEED)
Kuruni

That's my impression. CC will be at the end of history in it's timeline, just like how Big Crush will be at the end of universe.

Well, it doesn't truly effect continuty...
Turn X is able to separate into 5 separate
Actually, Turn X can seperate into more pieces. Head, body, shoulders and limbs. IIRC, it can divide more but I can't remember exact number. Interesting theory nevertheless.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Ali-Sama

Recon 5 wrote:Then again, it is Turn A Gundam we're talking about, and the Black History is pretty black. For all we know, every fan theory ever concocted could be true (just as all pre- Turn A series mecha may have existed) but it all occurred during the Black History.
Doesn't the terms "Homage" and "shout out" ring a bell?
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
DAG101

Kuruni wrote:
Actually, Turn X can seperate into more pieces. Head, body, shoulders and limbs. IIRC, it can divide more but I can't remember exact number. Interesting theory nevertheless.
yeah, after > 1000 years, chances are it would be able to seperate into more pieces.
Recon 5

Duraham wrote:well, in the end isn't Turn A supposed to be the very last gundam series? in-anime timeline wise. so its possible that the mechs in Turn A be related to those of other gundam series, whether they were created before Turn A was out (eg. G gundam), or after (eg. SEED. remembered something about the moon cities being from SEED)
More than one Gundam series IIRC (at least one, if not more) had similar colony designs. There aren't that many feasible designs for space colonies, and I doubt that they had chosen the colony type for SEED when Turn A was still in production. Maybe they just put that design in, not knowing that they were going to use it for SEED later.
Ali-Sama wrote:Doesn't the terms "Homage" and "shout out" ring a bell?
Oh yes, they do. I was simply suggesting a possible in- universe explanation. For all the details that we are given, we might even say that humanity destroyed itself after each period (UC, AW, FC etc.) depicted in the history lesson and only partial records survive in the form of the Black History.

Most likely, as you have suggested (and as I actually posted earlier in the Anime sub board) the whole sequence was a shout out barrage. Still, speculation is fun, ain't it?
Aegis

Kuruni wrote:
That number would be 10. You have the Turn X Top (head), the 2 shoulders/upper arms, the 2 forearms/lower arms, upper torso, lower body/pelvic area, the 2 legs, and the backpack. The diagram of the Turn X Bits on this site doesn't show all the parts separated (namely the head, plus the backpack is missing), but it pretty much shows most of the bits apart.
Duraham

wait, wasn't there some funny pyramidal shaped giant thingy in green divers that came from an unknown origin? maybe it had something to do with Turn X, seeing as how they can both detach and come from possibly alien sources?
Ascension

The pyramidal newtype weapon was in an Evolve short and has since been identified as being of Titans origin, so no, it wouldn't be related to the Turn X.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Kuro No Sakura

In some Japanese information site (much like a wikipedia japan version) stated that Turn A series do have connection with G gundam series which said some MS use G gundam artificial muscle technology to build (is this official hidden setting I don't know)

I dont think Turn X is a evolve of Devil Gundam because I support the idea that Turn X is build by NT that leave earth sphere long ago (which earth people think it is alien build it to invade earth)
HEDGESMFG
Location: Somewhere, out there, beneath the pale moonlight...

The one thing I'd like to know...

WHERE is it mentioned that Turn-X originates outside the Solar system in the first place? I've always speculated this to be the case (and I've always liked the line of thought that Turn-X was the "protagonist" of the previous war, while Turn-A was an "antagonist"...), but I've never seen where this tidbit of information originates from as there is nothing about it within the series itself that I can recall.
Recon 5

Well, I guess the only reliable information about the Turn A/ X would be what is mentioned by the Moonrace characters in the series. After all, they were the ones who maintained the technology/ records of the Black History (at least from the construction of the Turn suits onwards).