Turn X

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yeah, and VERY little was ever mentioned on the Turn A and X at all x_x
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Kuro No Sakura

HEDGESMFG wrote:The one thing I'd like to know...

WHERE is it mentioned that Turn-X originates outside the Solar system in the first place? I've always speculated this to be the case (and I've always liked the line of thought that Turn-X was the "protagonist" of the previous war, while Turn-A was an "antagonist"...), but I've never seen where this tidbit of information originates from as there is nothing about it within the series itself that I can recall.
It mentioned it in the novel which i haven't have chance to read it and want to read it so badly (in Japanese that why)
Recon 5

Don't trust the novels too much. Remember that Amuro died in the Mobile Suit Gundam novels. Anyway, are you sure its not a doujin novel?
Dark Duel

You know, I've always wondered about that myself...in the novels, huh?
Recon 5 wrote:Don't trust the novels too much. Remember that Amuro died in the Mobile Suit Gundam novels.
LOL, I remember hearing about that...offed by a newbie in a Rick Dom, wasn't he? IIRC, by that point he was piloting the RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" - the 78-2 having been destroyed or severely damaged earlier on (at Solomon? Mark(aka toysdream) probably knows)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kenji

Yes, by a Newtype Rick Dom pilot, part of Char's unit. Keep in mind that Rick Doms in the novel are the equivalent of Gelgoogs tuned for Newtypes, so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds. Specifically, he was killed because he turned on his IFF signal to commuicate with the Pegasus, which was like turning on a beacon to the whole battlefield.

Also, the RX-78-2 was destroyed in the Texas colony, during the battle with the Elmeth, so he actually spends more time in the G3.

As for the Turn-A novel, it may be written by Tomino, as is the novelizations for about half of his series, if not more. If so, it's a valid source of data. After all, even though the original Gundam novels deviated from the anime continuity, they introduced characters and concepts that ultimately became part of the original canon. Also, if you've read toysdream's excerpts from the Z Gundam novels, it pretty much blows the lid open on Newtypes.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
toysdream

Kenji wrote:As for the Turn-A novel, it may be written by Tomino, as is the novelizations for about half of his series, if not more.
The Turn A novels aren't written by Tomino, though.

As for the Turn X, the possibility that it comes from outside the solar system is mentioned in the 1/144 kit manual and in its profile on the official Japanese Turn A Web site. The official site also claims that it was originally made for use by Newtypes, and that its full potential thus can't be expressed in the era of Turn A Gundam, where they don't exist.

-- Mark
Aegis

Just a remark. If we take the official site's description seriously (and unlike some of the stats that look very much like mislabels, this is one claim that is more easily accepted), I personally would hate to see just how monstrous the Turn X can be with a newtype on the helm.
wing zero alpha

Aegis wrote:Just a remark. If we take the official site's description seriously (and unlike some of the stats that look very much like mislabels, this is one claim that is more easily accepted), I personally would hate to see just how monstrous the Turn X can be with a newtype on the helm.
And it apparently has a Psycommu system on it, although somehow Gym was able to use it, even though he clearly wasn't a newtype. I can only imagine what someone on the level of Amuro Ray, Kamille Biden or Lalah Sune would be able to use it.
Kuro No Sakura

wing zero alpha wrote:
Aegis wrote:Just a remark. If we take the official site's description seriously (and unlike some of the stats that look very much like mislabels, this is one claim that is more easily accepted), I personally would hate to see just how monstrous the Turn X can be with a newtype on the helm.
And it apparently has a Psycommu system on it, although somehow Gym was able to use it, even though he clearly wasn't a newtype. I can only imagine what someone on the level of Amuro Ray, Kamille Biden or Lalah Sune would be able to use it.
I think the Psycommy system on turn X can be use by normal person and if it use by real NT then it will be much stronger just like the bio computer that the F91 have
Gelmax

Honestly, it's impossible to say, but I'm leaning toward "No". The Turns' nanomachines bear some resemblance to the Devil Gundam's DG Cells, but there aren't any similarities definite enough to draw a real connection. While the Turn nanomachines had rather mysterious abilities, the ones that were shown (self-regeneration and destroying other things) are simple enough to have been developed independently, and they don't display several of the most important special characteristics of the DG Cells (such as infecting and controlling people).

As for the "Shining Finger", it's likely that he saw G Gundam's events in the Dark History data he got from Guin, and decided to copy the relatively simple and powerful move from the Dark History on his own.
Mark064

Gelmax wrote:As for the "Shining Finger", it's likely that he saw G Gundam's events in the Dark History data he got from Guin, and decided to copy the relatively simple and powerful move from the Dark History on his own.
That's extermly unlikely. Gym's line when he first uses the Shining Finger is something to the effect of "Oh this this is the Shining Finger attack". He wouldn't say such a line without previous knowledge that the attack was on the Turn X. And since we know he was studying Dark History and the Turn X it only makes sense.
Petorius

Re:

Dark Duel wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 pm Well, the Turn-X does have the Shining Finger.
However, that is the ONLY similarity, and is not enough to support the theory - which seems quite farfetched IMO.
The Shining Gundam's sole armament is a pair of beam sabers, precisely the sort of weapon the Turn-X lacks. And the Turn-X's own array of beam weapons are absent on Shining.
Nor is there any evidence, IIRC, that DG Cell infection could alter the infected MS to such a degree.

What I really think is that that theory is just a half-hearted or poorly-thought-out attempt to explain the Turn-X's Shining Finger - no offense meant, DAG.
Well, if we are to believe that https://pm1.narvii.com/7032/2b968b2ce64 ... 9v2_hq.jpg is an accurate early Turn X, then that means that the shining finger was added later, probably after the Black History. Additionally, there is also https://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/denge ... turn-a.htm where we see that our Turn A has a very Turn X like head, which leads to my theory that they are both "Turn Type" mobile suits that have been modified to some extent.

Of course, I'm not sure that either of these are necessarily canon.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't resurrect threads from FOURTEEN YEARS ago