The Offical Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Dark Duel

Ascension wrote:No wonder Tiera's hair is always neater than the other Meisters', he probably has time to comb it during combat.
ROFL. Having said that, it's certainly true that as a machine, the Virtue is IMO the least impressive of the Gundams in terms of overall combat capabilities.
All he's ever done is stand and shoot. (How's that for a student of the No-Name/Trowa Barton School of Enlightened Combat Tactics(I forget who said that, might've been someone on this board)).

And other than its pinkness, I LOVE the Tieren Taozi. Still prefer the good old-fashioned Walking Tank Tierens though.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
VentZX

surprisingly enough, 00-07 is the first time we actually see the GN shield/barrier being used.

pic

If you look at the preview carefully, you actually see the particles deflecting shots from linear rifles.
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:ROFL. Having said that, it's certainly true that as a machine, the Virtue is IMO the least impressive of the Gundams in terms of overall combat capabilities.
All he's ever done is stand and shoot. (How's that for a student of the No-Name/Trowa Barton School of Enlightened Combat Tactics(I forget who said that, might've been someone on this board))..
Lockon seems to have fallen into that trend with the addition of the iron cloak thing. Though I have to say, he does it a with a lot more style than Tieria does.
Last edited by Strike Zero on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Yeah, true.

But that move with the sniper rifle in one hand and the pistol in the other was BADASS. Lockon/Dynames > Tieria/Virtue.

But Virtue's a scary-looking thing, with those monster cannons deployed.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:But Virtue's a scary-looking thing, with those monster cannons deployed.
Seriously. In fact, I'd say that the Virtue is more like to the Wing Zero or Double X instead of the Heavyarms (the three of them are the only Gundams I've ever seen destroy that many mobile suits with one shot).
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Black Knight

Strike Zero wrote: Seriously. In fact, I'd say that the Virtue is more like to the Wing Zero or Double X instead of the Heavyarms (the three of them are the only Gundams I've ever seen destroy that many mobile suits with one shot).
You should add the Hyaku-shiki, which originated the BFG in Gundam, wiping out dozens of Gaza-Cs with one shot of the Mega Bazooka Launcher in the last couple episodes of Zeta.

Frankly, all of CB's pilots use their superior technology as an excuse for not developing much in the way of piloting skill. And, let's face it, this makes sense; if you know you're invulnerable, why bother dodging?
Ascension

VentZX wrote:surprisingly enough, 00-07 is the first time we actually see the GN shield/barrier being used.
Actually someone pointed out in the... was it the third episode where they attacked Ceylon the first time? Anyway in that episode someone pointed out that the return fire from the HRL ship that the Virtue sunk looked like it was stopping before it made physical contact with the armor.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Recon 5

Ascension wrote:I still say they gave him the Virtue because he's really the worst pilot of all the Meisters and they're just trying to hide it. Virtue would be such a simple MS to pilot a non-newtype monkey could do it. You don't have to dodge because it has both an energy barrier and heavy physical armor if anything makes it through the field. You don't have to aim because the beams it fires are so honking huge they vaporize everything in the general vicinity. There's nothing to it. No wonder Tiera's hair is always neater than the other Meisters', he probably has time to comb it during combat.
Actually, I believe that they gave Tieria the Virtue because it needed less skill to pilot, not because he needed more power due to lack of skill. None of the Gundams are built to compensate for anything. Its just a case of putting the most appropriate pilot in each suit.
VentZX

Ascension wrote:Actually someone pointed out in the... was it the third episode where they attacked Ceylon the first time? Anyway in that episode someone pointed out that the return fire from the HRL ship that the Virtue sunk looked like it was stopping before it made physical contact with the armor.
I remember someone pointing that out. My thought is that it was really just hitting the Virtue itself. GN particles are pretty dramatic, which means that whenever they are up to something, where treated to a light show of sorts. Because there was no special effect, I'm inclined to say that the shells were just bouncing off the armor of the Virtue proper.
Ryujin

VentZX wrote:
Ascension wrote:Actually someone pointed out in the... was it the third episode where they attacked Ceylon the first time? Anyway in that episode someone pointed out that the return fire from the HRL ship that the Virtue sunk looked like it was stopping before it made physical contact with the armor.
I remember someone pointing that out. My thought is that it was really just hitting the Virtue itself. GN particles are pretty dramatic, which means that whenever they are up to something, where treated to a light show of sorts. Because there was no special effect, I'm inclined to say that the shells were just bouncing off the armor of the Virtue proper.
That could've been me. I based that assumption on the fact that the Virtue did not seem to have any physical reaction, in any way at all, to the impact of the Tierens' cannon fire. Actual hits on the armor would have caused a little movement or a smudge, at the least (especially given the level of detail & animation lavished on the Tieren & Anf battle).
Heecarl_Reez

Actually,i think Tieiria was given Virtue,because he likes to do that overkill much--the most brutal(and unfriendly) meister?
forget it...

Combines with the Virtue OMG bulky armor,and so called high defense,making the pilot lazy for sure...geez..
I wonder how will Virtue perform with beam saber....
:(
cantfakethefunk

So, uh.

Why does Virtue need two guns that do the exact same thing?
SNT1

I don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Virtue is a heavyweight that is made to obliterate and annihilate anything in its way with its guns. the fact that we haven't seen Tieria (or Allelujah and Lockon for that matter) take on an enemy MS one-on-one or dodge enemy fire like a pro doesn't mean Tieria is 'lazy' or 'unskilled' :roll:

You're making the haters who claim Kira isn't skilled (spambot) look good.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
exxecutor000

[quote="SNT1"] Virtue is a heavyweight that is made to obliterate and annihilate anything in its way with its guns. the fact that we haven't seen Tieria (or Allelujah and Lockon for that matter) take on an enemy MS one-on-one or dodge enemy fire like a pro doesn't mean Tieria is 'lazy' or 'unskilled' :roll: [quote]

Agree with SNT1.

Virtue is a devastator-type gundam, able to wipe a large number of enemy units. Its firepower is far exceed the other Gundams. Its weapons and defenses shows that it is more versatile than the others.

It is equipped with two beam sabers, sign of potent close-combat ability (or else why should they put beam saber, better to put a javelin-like/GN-Sword type of close-combat weapon).

We don't see much about Virtue's maneuverability/agility, but I'm confident it's as agile as Dynames (only that it is bulky), as Virtue's weight is not much different from the other three Gundams.

Tiera yet to show his true skills yet. He seems to be relaxed when Patrick's Enact fly fast towards him.
Last edited by exxecutor000 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Heecarl_Reez

mind you,Tieria is a guy...

Of course the Virtue specs give an advantage,at the high defense,and so.
Not saying Tieiria lacks skill,but The Virtue itself made Tieiria like that...
Well you can't expect tank,do things like jet fighters..
anyway the lazy word seem,not suited,gotta corrected that..
:)
razgriz

is it just me or did the virtue's quad shoulder cannons seem to give a lil more oompf than its main BFG? at least animated it looked that way. and i second the praise on the dynames with its sniper/pistol double shooting. very john woo hehe
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Dean_the_Young

SNT1 wrote:I don't understand what the fuss is all about.

Virtue is a heavyweight that is made to obliterate and annihilate anything in its way with its guns. the fact that we haven't seen Tieria (or Allelujah and Lockon for that matter) take on an enemy MS one-on-one or dodge enemy fire like a pro doesn't mean Tieria is 'lazy' or 'unskilled' :roll:

You're making the haters who claim Kira isn't skilled (spambot) look good.
Actually, the Virtue is pretty light. Just look at its weight compared to the Flag's.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
SNT1

Obviously comparing to the other Gundams, since they are altogether in a league beyond anything else at this point.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
azrael

razgriz wrote:is it just me or did the virtue's quad shoulder cannons seem to give a lil more oompf than its main BFG? at least animated it looked that way. and i second the praise on the dynames with its sniper/pistol double shooting. very john woo hehe
The spread of Virtue's shoulder cannons is a bit wider than the GN Bazooka. Also, being 4 barrels over 1 only gives it that appearance.
Calubin_175

The masses/weights of the units seem more realistic probably due to the armor material used in this universe instead of those light alloys in UC.

Tierens are almost 130t

Other mobile suits weigh 50-70 tonnes.