The Offical Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Zero Revenge

Kiggz wrote:Could some one explain something to me please ? I was wondering how the Union Flags shield works how does it deflect life combat shots ?
It spins at such a high speed that it knocks whatever is shot at it away.

Take a fan, put it at high speed. throw a penny at it. Watch what happens.
CasvalRemDeikun

Jak Stoller wrote:So, who else thought the Dynames uber-sniper cannon in ep5 was just awesome?

I personally don't think there's been enough stated on the GN particles to know if they have "on/off" or different settings.

--Jak
I thought it was an awesome thing to have in the episode. There wasn't much seen from the other gundams, so having Lockon helping was quite awesome. I had to watch it a bunch of times due to the shear awesomeness.
Zero Revenge wrote:
Kiggz wrote:Could some one explain something to me please ? I was wondering how the Union Flags shield works how does it deflect life combat shots ?

I wonder if we will ever see the Flag's shield used as a close combat weapon as well. Maybe even to deflect shots back at their enemies.

EDIT: Uh, yeah. No double posting. *shakes finger at you*

~ShadowCell
Zero Revenge

CasvalRemDeikun wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:

I wonder if we will ever see the Flag's shield used as a close combat weapon as well. Maybe even to deflect shots back at their enemies.
First Off: Just for future references, don't double post. Don't forget about the Edit Function.

Secondly: Hell yeah. I'd love to see Graham/Patrick pull something clever like that off. We already know that beam shots can be deflected...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... tworks.png
CasvalRemDeikun

Zero Revenge wrote:
CasvalRemDeikun wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote: It spins at such a high speed that it knocks whatever is shot at it away.

First Off: Just for future references, don't double post. Don't forget about the Edit Function.

Secondly: Hell yeah. I'd love to see Graham/Patrick pull something clever like that off. We already know that beam shots can be deflected...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... tworks.png
I am not very good with addressing multiple topics in a single post, but I will do so in the future.

Can the beam shots be deflected back at the enemies? I must have missed that.
Dark Duel

There's no confirmed evidence one way or another, but judging at least from that footage, then no, it can't be deflected back at the enemy. That is, it won't hit and bounce straight back at the mech that fired it. It'll hit, and it'll bounce off in another direction.

At least, that's what I think. I may eventually be proven wrong, but for now that's my opinion and I'll stick by it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dendrobium Stamen

As I recall (it's in one of these topics somewhere...) the "defence rod" rotor-shield used by the Flag and Enact works by spinning to deflect bullets off in a random direction away from the MS itself - the chances of it returning a bullet to sender seem pretty low on that basis, but it's not impossible...

Edit: Explanation of the "defence rod", taken from Gundam 00 forums:
Defense Rod
Defensive equipment mounted on the left arm. The rotor spins upon impact with enemy projectiles, causing them to ricochet in an appropriate direction. From a developer standpoint, it was designed because the unit cannot equip a typical shield because of the weight. In situations where it receives attacks from the front, the rod has been known to break.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

I wonder, could the plasma blade tech be applied to the Flag's shield?
azrael

CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST wrote:I wonder, could the plasma blade tech be applied to the Flag's shield?
It could. But you'll probably need to add extra equipment to it which could add more mass or prices it out of production.
Kiggz

I understand better now thanks everyone.

I am sure the new enemy Mobile Suits that will be in future episodes will be more advanced because they seem to want to take some samples of the GN Particles and make their own uses of it.

The Flag and hellion and the other grunts seem to be cool but I know there will be suits that are much more advanced on the enemy's Mobile Suits roster. I cant wait to see the enemy's first UBER weapon will be and I also wonder what is the status on Mobile Armors are they still in the series and can the Kyrio's classify as a Mobile Armor.

Just judging how they said that the Gundam was 6 times better than a Flag that really impresses me, the past few episodes have be exciting and all but knowing that they need to make a MS on par with the exia and the other Gundmas it is exciting I know the enemy will impress us on episode 6.
razgriz

i guess after being over-gundam'd out in SEED its nice to know that your enemy can make a unit made to take out a gundam that doesn't necessarily need to be a gundam. its a lil more UC-ish that way or more like zeonic-ish :lol:
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Hyakushiki

I don't know if some one has already posted this up, but here's a chart showing the height of the space elevators.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t212 ... 724507.jpg
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Strike Zero

Just out of curiosity, did anybody actually listen to the detailed explination they gave in episode five as to how the solar collectors actually work? How do they work exactly?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Hyakushiki

Strike Zero wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anybody actually listen to the detailed explination they gave in episode five as to how the solar collectors actually work? How do they work exactly?
I only watched the RAW, but from what I could make out the solar collectors convert solar energy into microwaves and transmits them down the tower to the surface, which sounds like how such a system would work based on what I've read on the subject.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

Yerp, the dishes collect the energy, convert it to microwaves and then sends those along the lines to the elevators, where it is then thransfered to the various power stations it serves.
Strike Zero

So it's just like a solar collector we would have today? I figured that they would have invented some new method of gathering the energy, since such systems tend to be rather inefficient.

Then again, those collectors are mother-humping huge, so I guess that could explain it...
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

me thinks they found a way to tap into the rest of the sun's energy, right now we only collect a small percentage of what is actually in light.
Ascension

They would have to be placed around the sun or somehow connected to it to get the rest of the energy. The only way to get it all would be by physically enclosing the sun completely within some sort of power generating system.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
CYNICISM AT IT'S BEST

no I mean we only use the ultra-violet radiation in light, I'm thinking they figured out how to tap into the other types of radiation that compose light, they're even tryign to do that now, I don't have a link or anything but that's the main reason solar-power isn't as good as say hydro-electric or wind or coal, you're only getting a small percentage of what we can actually harness.
StrikeEnd

While I would like to see Patrick come back, this new guy (Ali-something-or-other) should be a pretty interesting antagonist. Now we got, like, 4 enemy aces for Celestial Being: Union (Graham), AEU (Patrick, if he could be called an ace), HRL (Sergei, and maybe Soma, but I don't like her much), and now the private military company PMC (Ali).... Geez, you'd think Celestial Being had enough enemies as it is...

P.S. Is there anything Lockon can't hit?
Kiggz

^ yes Gundam Kyrios :p