Anaheim Electronics Biggest Facility?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Anaheim Electronics Biggest Facility?

So it's stated that Anaheim Electronics has bases in many Lunar Cities, but which one is the largest? We don't necessarily get a good look at the entirety of the facilities in the anime, but it seems like they'd need a lot of space to supply military hardware to so many factions, in addition to all the other products they make. I realize this is questionably cannon but Gundam Thunderbolt shows a Lunar City ( Anaheim?) that is practically owned by the company; to the point of having AE painted on the surface, which seems like it would be big enough for some of the manufacturing required.
OYW Fan

Re: Anaheim Electronics Biggest Facility?

Now I'm no expert, but their headquarters is Anaheim City, Moon, but like most companies, that was probably just corporate. My guess would be Von Braun, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were Granada, though Zeon's control of it has me thinking Zeonic and Zimmad probably ruled that city, though I could be completely wrong.

If Mark Simmons still actively combs these boards, he would definitely have an answer for you. The guy's a marvel.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 pm So it's stated that Anaheim Electronics has bases in many Lunar Cities, but which one is the largest?
There's no real way to tell... and no real way to tell if the answer actually stays the same over time.

Anaheim Electronics was a massive industrial conglomerate that had, according to Anaheim Journal, as many as 150 subsidiary corporations under its banner by UC 0100 with interests in a hugely diverse array of fields ranging from cosmetics to travel agencies to the manufacture of consumer electronics and military hardware.

Von Braun is the largest industrial city on the moon, so it's a likely candidate in the UC 0070s and 0080s. Granada's said to be second largest in that capacity, though how much of that belongs to AE is anyone's guess. Anaheim is the headquarters of AE, but it's a smaller city. They also had a factory in Epsilon City. By UC 0100, the Anaheim-owned independent colony Industrial 7 may technically be Anaheim's largest single facility.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

Lunar cities appear to be industrial in nature (which makes sense when you consider the fact they have more space than the colonies would). Granada was seized by Zeon during the war; where they took over the local Federation Base, and established the Flanagan Institute. It would make sense that Zeonic, Zimmand and MIP would set up shop in captured territories in order to aide the war effort. And after the war these would be consolidated by Anaheim , further increasing their conglomerate. I'd forgotten about Industrial 7; given the sheer amount of things Anaheim builds, including their own resort colonies (it wouldn't surprise me if they owned Francesca from 0080), they would probably need at least 7 colonies to house their resources, and train the employees.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 am Lunar cities appear to be industrial in nature (which makes sense when you consider the fact they have more space than the colonies would).
That's by design... the lunar cities were where materials were (and to a point still are) where materials were processed and launched to colony construction sites. Granada's tendency to side with Zeon goes back to the fact that it was the staging area for materials used in the construction of Side 3, though that tendency increased when it became the new location for Anaheim-owned former Zeonic and Zimmad operations.

Because they're all heavily industrialized, it makes it difficult to tell which (if any) has the largest percentage of factory complexes owned by Anaheim.

Mafty wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 am I'd forgotten about Industrial 7; given the sheer amount of things Anaheim builds, including their own resort colonies (it wouldn't surprise me if they owned Francesca from 0080), they would probably need at least 7 colonies to house their resources, and train the employees.
Yeah, Anaheim is kind of THE mega-corp of the Universal Century. After they absorb Zeonic and Zimmad in the wake of the One Year War, they're basically a monopoly until SNRI rolls around as their first serious competitor in one of their main industries shortly before F91. That massive amount of money and influence is how Anaheim's owners had come to wield so much influence in the Federation government by the time of Unicorn.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

While there's no way to tell which one is largest, I do remember there was a pamphlet of Von Braun city as a tour guide so there might be certain information about what percentage of the city is industrial.

Can't remember where that appeared though.