Questions regarding the SRW Huckebein

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Questions regarding the SRW Huckebein

So which was the first SRW game to introduce the Huckebein? Also there are rumors that later SRW games downplay the Huckebein; due to copying the Gundam design too closely(to be fair it looks like a Victory 2 Gundam in Titan's colors), is this true?
Arsarcana

Re: Questions regarding the SRW Huckebein

SRW4/F.

I know fan speculation has been that the Huckebein's have been given reduced importance due to the Gundam resemblance thing but I can't recall any official statements to that effect and there's enough other original designs that have Gundams-like traits that as explanations go it's... unlikely. Also, the Huckebeins keep appearing in various guises (in V and just this year in 30) so there's clearly no prohibition from On High saying 'No Gundam lookalikes!'.
branman88

I remember the rumor about downplaying the Huckebein showing up around the time when SRW OG The Inspector changed out the Huckebein mk 3 with the Guarbein and the Exbein, and then the Exbein also being added in SRW OG the 2nd which had all the Huckebeins from the series get destroyed in one mission.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
MythSearcher

Mafty wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:54 pm So which was the first SRW game to introduce the Huckebein? Also there are rumors that later SRW games downplay the Huckebein; due to copying the Gundam design too closely(to be fair it looks like a Victory 2 Gundam in Titan's colors), is this true?
SRW4 is the first SRW having Huckebein.
It is also not in Titans colour, the original Huckebein is in blue. Pretty light blue as well.
https://superrobotwars.fandom.com/wiki/Huckebein
They only changed the colour to a darker shade later in OG for whatever reason.
And about it looking like V2, well, Katoki designed it just 3 years after V Gundam, so go figures.

There was never any official statement about it.
Here is some fan speculation in Japanese: https://srw.wiki.cre.jp/wiki/%E3%83%92% ... F%E9%A1%8C

You can probably get a lot of info just by sticking that to Google translate:
https://srw-wiki-cre-jp.translate.goog/ ... tr_pto=nui

I don't really see how the copyright issue can be solved in 2016.
Bandai didn't acquire Sotsu until 2019.
There are rumours about SRW using SD characters because SD Gundam's license is easier to get.(same rumour exist in the modelling community so that might very well be true) so the problem may have been caused when the OG anime is released, which caused opposition from Sunrise and Sotsu for some stupid reason.(notice Sunrise is already under Bandai since 1994 so they really shouldn't have any say because their parent company Bandai should be behind the plannings)
The only thing that can stop them from using Huckebein in the games will be Sotsu or Bandai.
Bandai would have no real reason from doing so.(except a fan speculation that at the time the model was licensed to Kotobukiya and Bandai wanted to make the plastic models themselves so they didn't interfere. I don't particularly agree to that view since Bandai can simply have Banpresto[at the time already under Bandai's umbrella] stop doing so and make the models themselves. And even after 2016 Bandai didn't make any models of Huckebein other than Robot Tamashii which is not really a plastic model kit but a figure.)
Sotsu can be idiotic enough, but notice Bandai also is the 3rd largest stock holder, so it all comes to the first two stock holders at the time, both are Nasu family related to overturn Bandai's opinion.
But in 2019 Sotsu stock holder meeting they answered the question about this saying they are not involved nor given opinion(当社が何らかの見解を出したり関与した事実はない) quoted by https://michsuzuki.hatenablog.com/entry ... /27/073645 (this tweet)some stock holder who attended the meeting and tweeted about it.
hitokirigarou

Despite the Huckebein having vulcan guns mounted in the head, its line art and toys / model kits don't have visible gun ports.
Mafty

It's actually somewhat common to have a model that's slightly different from the animation. For example some of the α-Azieru models have arms instead of cable weaponry, Some Gundam Wing models had different weaponry than was seen on the anime, and often the decals don't correspond to the shows design, etc.
MythSearcher

hitokirigarou wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:41 pm Despite the Huckebein having vulcan guns mounted in the head, its line art and toys / model kits don't have visible gun ports.
Looks over to Epyon. Typical Katoki.
Underrated GM Custom

I can't recall was there an animation error at the end of Wing where Epyon was using Vulcans that it technically doesn't have?
Arsarcana

Yeah, in the last episode there's a shot of Wing Zero firing at the offscreen Epyon and then a salvo comes at it from offscreen and there's nothing else in the vicinity that could have fired those shots.
Kuruni

Fan theory contribute it to White Fang modification.
MythSearcher wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:57 pm
hitokirigarou wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:41 pm Despite the Huckebein having vulcan guns mounted in the head, its line art and toys / model kits don't have visible gun ports.
Looks over to Epyon. Typical Katoki.
Ahem. TV Epyon is Okawara's, Katoki Epyon instead got the Sturm und Drang (which, disappointingly, isn't involce Epyon spin like a top).
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Kuruni wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:57 pm
Ahem. TV Epyon is Okawara's, Katoki Epyon instead got the Sturm und Drang (which, disappointingly, isn't involce Epyon spin like a top).
Sorry, clarification.
I mean Katoki didn't include the vulcans in the MG redesign even though it was shown to have used it in the TV series.
Kuruni

And as I noted, his version doesn't has it.

Plus, even if we acept that Epyon has vulcan guns, it fire off-screen so nobody know where they're mounted.
My girlfriend was a loli.