Does Rezel have reactor in its leg?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

Does Rezel have reactor in its leg?

Does Rezel have reactor in its leg like Zeta and ZZ?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Does Rezel have reactor in its leg?

The leg structure is the same as the Zeta's, so presumably yes?
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

domtropen wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:39 pm Does Rezel have reactor in its leg like Zeta and ZZ?
Actually if you think about it, even GM has reactors in its legs.

Gundam has 7 generators all over the body including its legs. GM didn't have much changed other than replacing the core fighter in the body with a fixed cockpit and the head.
Since GM II and III are just upgrades, they should also have reactors in their legs.
If you have thermonuclear thrusters, you need a reactor, thus Zeta and ZZ aren't special.
False Prophet

I thought that one of the thing that made the Zeta special was how they put the reactor and thermonuclear jet engines in its legs? And it was also a pain in the ass to do? I think I've read that the Re-GZ has these things too, but since the ReZEL took more after the Methuss, I doubt it has them.
Seto Kaiba

False Prophet wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:05 am I thought that one of the thing that made the Zeta special was how they put the reactor and thermonuclear jet engines in its legs? And it was also a pain in the ass to do? I think I've read that the Re-GZ has these things too, but since the ReZEL took more after the Methuss, I doubt it has them.
AFAIK, the thing that made the Zeta special was its transformation... both in that it had one and that it was structurally sound enough to actually get away with doing it. (The Hyakushiki being an attempt to make do with the failed designs for the Zeta's predecessor.)

The Zeta's Master Archive book talks about the leg-mounted reactors and thermonuclear turbine system in mostly glowing terms, describing them as being advantageous for maintenance because they were more accessible than ones mounted internally and could be serviced much faster than a regular reactor as a result... even removed with relative ease to facilitate servicing.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
domtropen

After searching around:
viewtopic.php?t=14731
so it can be assumed that Rezel may have main reactors in its legs like ZII that it is based on? However judging from the exploding in colony screen in Unicorn it seems to have reactor in upper torso, and judging from MG model it looks like both the cockpit and the torso reactor are in the upper torso part that fold up during transformation into MA mode [with the whold head sink into the upper torso as well] so the torso reactor is likely to be quite small. Perhaps Rezel may have 3 main reactors unlike 4 on ZII? 1 upper torso reactor and 2 leg reactors. Rezel's reactor output is only slightly higher than Z plus [with 2 reactors] however.

Btw in what way is Rezel's transformation process less complicate than Zeta series though?
MythSearcher

domtropen wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:01 pm After searching around:
viewtopic.php?t=14731
so it can be assumed that Rezel may have main reactors in its legs like ZII that it is based on? However judging from the exploding in colony screen in Unicorn it seems to have reactor in upper torso, and judging from MG model it looks like both the cockpit and the torso reactor are in the upper torso part that fold up during transformation into MA mode [with the whold head sink into the upper torso as well] so the torso reactor is likely to be quite small. Perhaps Rezel may have 3 main reactors unlike 4 on ZII? 1 upper torso reactor and 2 leg reactors. Rezel's reactor output is only slightly higher than Z plus [with 2 reactors] however.

Btw in what way is Rezel's transformation process less complicate than Zeta series though?
Consider RX-78 has 7 reactors, and the core fighter alone has 2, there may still be some smaller ones here and there that they never talk about.