Endra Class

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Endra Class

(SPOILERS)Okay so the Endra Class obviously survives the second Neo-Zeon War, but what happened to the main ships? The Endra 2, Landra, Mindra, And Sandra are never seen being destroyed(unlike most named ships in Gundam). The Endra has the standard Zeon colors, but the other ships are more distinctive. So where they destroyed offscreen, or capture by the Federation/AEUG?
Underrated GM Custom

Re: Endra Class

If I had to guess they will wind up like other ships and get referenced in a sidestory manga or OVA like the Grey Phantom in Unicorn or the Thoroughbred in the Return of Johnny Ridden. Maybe the Endra's will show up with Mars Zeon in the AoZ reboot or Formula era story.
Chris
Administrator

We did see at least one Endra class ship pop up in Unicorn, and I'm kinda surprised that none at all made it into Char's fleet in Char's Counterattack. Like Underrated GM Custom said, the fates of these ships, if they're ever addressed, would probably be in some side story. We still don't even know what happened to the Argama after ZZ, so I wouldn't hold my breath for news about the named Endra ships.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mafty

I've often wondered if the original plan for CCA was that the entirety of Haman's forces were wiped out at the end of ZZ. Thus Char builds up a new army of rebels from Sweetwater/the few surviving remnants(it would explain why most of the recruits are somewhat younger, and we see no surviving mechs from ZZ). It was only after CCA had been released that we started getting more animated side stories that drastically increased the amount of Zeon remnants.

If you go by the timeline in the late 80's we have: OYW Side 3 is Zeon, Z/ZZ the main remnant is Axis Zeon(which are utterly destroyed including Axis at the end of the second war), CCA the last remnants for the final battle. So its possible that originally everything was destroyed , but when Unicorn retconned a much bigger remnant fleet it began to get contradictory.
BrentD15

Chris wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:38 pm We did see at least one Endra class ship pop up in Unicorn, and I'm kinda surprised that none at all made it into Char's fleet in Char's Counterattack. Like Underrated GM Custom said, the fates of these ships, if they're ever addressed, would probably be in some side story. We still don't even know what happened to the Argama after ZZ, so I wouldn't hold my breath for news about the named Endra ships.
In regards to the Argama, I think she was given to Karaba.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mafty

What happened to Karaba anyway? were they folded back into the EF Forces? It is odd the Argama/Nahel Argama were never seen in the Second Neo Zeon War. It's seems like they'd pull out every weapon they had to prevent Char's plan. Also it seems kind of odd to fold the AEUG/Karaba back into the EF since there were former members of Zeon in both groups. Granted it's not clear how many members survived both wars , and the surviving Zeon sympathizers probably either fled or joined the remnant groups.
Chris
Administrator

BrentD15 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:57 amIn regards to the Argama, I think she was given to Karaba.
Yes, I know that, but we don't know what happened to the ship after that. Was it destroyed fighting Neo Zeon on Earth? Was it retired after the war? Was it integrated into the EFF like the Nahel Argama?
Mafty wrote:What happened to Karaba anyway? were they folded back into the EF Forces?
It seems likely that the same happened with Karaba as did the AEUG. At the very least, we know of one notable Karaba member being reintegrated into the EFF: Amuro.
Mafty

It would be cool to see an earthbound side story of the Neo Zeon conflict, especially if it involves Amuro. We already have Moon Gundam, which is a sort of prequel to CCA. Plus there are some short late first century UC stories(ie Ocean Waves and Side Story of Zeon amongst others). So its actually kind of odd nobody has tried to cover that time period in a side story
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Mafty wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:36 pm It would be cool to see an earthbound side story of the Neo Zeon conflict, especially if it involves Amuro. We already have Moon Gundam, which is a sort of prequel to CCA. Plus there are some short late first century UC stories(ie Ocean Waves and Side Story of Zeon amongst others). So its actually kind of odd nobody has tried to cover that time period in a side story
I am surprised there is no manga showing what Amuro was doing after he joins Karaba in Zeta (and stops showing up in the story) or what he was doing in ZZ Gundam. Could sell a lot of manga telling this story. I have not read Moon Gundam but since you said it is sort of a prequel to CCA does it show how Char escaped at the end of Zeta or how he created his own Neo Zeon faction before CCA?
Last edited by tHeWasTeDYouTh on Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Chris
Administrator

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 pm I am surprised there is no manga showing what Amuro was doing after he joins Karaba in Zeta (and stops showing up in the story) or what he was doing in ZZ Gundam. Could sell a lot of manga telling this story. I not not read Moon Gundam but since you said it is sort of a prequel to CCA does it show how Char escaped at the end of Zeta or how he created his own Neo Zeon faction before CCA?
Moon Gundam is set in UC 0091, so no, nothing at all about Char's escape after Zeta. As to your other point, it's still ongoing, so unknown.
MythSearcher

Chris wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:30 pm
tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:32 pm I am surprised there is no manga showing what Amuro was doing after he joins Karaba in Zeta (and stops showing up in the story) or what he was doing in ZZ Gundam. Could sell a lot of manga telling this story. I not not read Moon Gundam but since you said it is sort of a prequel to CCA does it show how Char escaped at the end of Zeta or how he created his own Neo Zeon faction before CCA?
Moon Gundam is set in UC 0091, so no, nothing at all about Char's escape after Zeta. As to your other point, it's still ongoing, so unknown.
MSV-R RoJR did have Char appear, but less about him establishing 2nd NZ than him fooling around with cool toys.
Underrated GM Custom

Amuro in the White Unicorn Zeta appears briefly in Green Divers as well as Gundam Evolve. You're right though, they haven't done a sidestory actually starring Amuro and the Karaba period isn't really explored. Tōru Furuya is still happily voicing Amuro (and his 00 counterpart) so it's possible. Still Sunrise seems reluctant to cast Amuro or Char in any other starring roles aside from cameos, it could be they are showing deference to Tomino and don't want to add on to their stories since they are considered 'complete'.