Unusual Shields

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MythSearcher

Re: Unusual Shields

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:47 pm
Never heard of the 00 Defense Rod, I'll have to look at that one up.
First episode before Exia arrives, Sour Cola is showing off that function during the new AEU Enact debut show.
I have actually calculated that it can either block or hit the bullet on the side to throw the trajectory off if it reach a certain spin rate when the show first came out, don't remember the number though.
For folding shields there's also the Geara Doga and Marasai, although I believe those are folding to make storage, egress and maintenance easier. Same for GP03 when it comes to docking with the Dendrobium Orchis.
Yes, folding shields are for storage only. All of those joints are going to be weak points and not good for defence.
Do you have a link to the Kerero Fix Figuration, that sounds quite funny!
Yes: https://tamashii.jp/item/1077/
This is the recoloured version and the last picture showed it standing with Garuru's machine, I have Garuru's machine.
Too bad the series stopped after this, so you only have a line up of 6001(Keroro), 6002(Giroro), 6003(Garuru) and 6001R(Keroro different colour) and 6003 is also only slightly different version of 6001.(Only difference is the shoulder cannon, colouring and you get Garuru instead of Keroro and even that is also almost just a colouring difference other than the helmet change) Strange that the only fumbled model seems to be 6003 because I can't find 6001 and 6002 at the time around my local stores at all.(but 6003 is overwhelmingly available) and by the designs, it seems like Katoki maybe trying to design a big combining mecha when you have all 5, while Katoki is in charge of the GFF line at the time so one would expect him to be able to push the product line and go for the Tamama, Kururu and Dororo machines as well.
Underrated GM Custom

Ahhhh okay then, I wasn't aware it was called Defense Rod but I recall what you're referring to. A spinning defense is certainly interesting, the most prominent one appears to be in G-Reco where spinning beam sabers make for a very effective shield.

MythSearcher wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:05 am Yes: https://tamashii.jp/item/1077/
This is the recoloured version and the last picture showed it standing with Garuru's machine, I have Garuru's machine.
I've never been a big fan of the original FA78-1's design, it always looked extremely blocky and some of the official artwork they looked very rotund. I have to say Keroro makes it look great! I see what you mean by the double shield as well. From a realism perspective I suppose it could be like stacking lids or containers, there's enough bend that you can stack one shield inside of another, now you've got double thickness. As I recall the original shields are a Luna Titanium wafer and wrapped around by either a cheaper metal or ceramic so that would be pretty effective if you had two layers of that. I wouldn't be surprised if future shield designs layered ceramic, LT, ceramic etc.

Those figures look great! I will definitely try to find a few next time the wife and I visit Japan. We were lucky to visit in 2019 and looking forward to returning sometime in the future.
Arsarcana

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:15 pm Ahhhh okay then, I wasn't aware it was called Defense Rod but I recall what you're referring to. A spinning defense is certainly interesting, the most prominent one appears to be in G-Reco where spinning beam sabers make for a very effective shield.
This is more a callback to Turn A when Loran did the same thing (or F91, but G-Reco has more aesthetic nods to Turn A) than anything else. I think the use of spinning beam sabers as impromptu beam shields happens elsewhere too
Kuruni

Well, it eventually become beam rotor in V.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Arsarcana wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:14 pm
Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:15 pm Ahhhh okay then, I wasn't aware it was called Defense Rod but I recall what you're referring to. A spinning defense is certainly interesting, the most prominent one appears to be in G-Reco where spinning beam sabers make for a very effective shield.
This is more a callback to Turn A when Loran did the same thing (or F91, but G-Reco has more aesthetic nods to Turn A) than anything else. I think the use of spinning beam sabers as impromptu beam shields happens elsewhere too
Kuruni wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:08 pm Well, it eventually become beam rotor in V.
Ahem, guys & gals, it is tradition from FG, the MS-14S has the spinning hand with the Beam Naginata.
Underrated GM Custom

Correct on all front, we've got the Gelgoog, F91, various Victory era machines, Turn-A. The G-Self seemed to be the most effective spinning beam saber shield (which makes sense considering how far in the future it is) while in F91 it seemed like a non-sustainable gambit Seabook was using to push through the spinning wheel death traps.