Gustav Karl

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Gustav Karl

So what's the story behind the Gustav Karl? I know it's been somewhat retconned into earlier works like Unicorn and Narrative , but was it originally supposed to just be used by the Manhunters? It seems to start of as a prototype in limited numbers, but its very powerful for a mass produced unit. So is it supposed to be a successor to the ReZel (in terms of power) the Jeagan (in mass production) or a powerful limited production unit(like the later Victory Gundam)?
yazi88

Re: Gustav Karl

Its a limited production spin-off of the Jegan, but nothing model number wise is close to it.
E08

The Unicorn official site and the HGUC model manual noted that the Gustav Karl is the EFF's new MP MS developed separately from the Jesta. The units in Unicorn and Narrative are early deployment units. The Narrative official site specifically calls the Gustav Karl a next generation MS and also claims that it was developed in a separate system from the Jegan.
PowerdGNFlag

For that matter, the current design of the Jeda that we have from MOON Gundam is clearly meant to be a common ancestor to all three MS lines (Jegan/Jesta/Gustav Karl) instead of only the Jegan as previous info implies.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
E08

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:10 am For that matter, the current design of the Jeda that we have from MOON Gundam is clearly meant to be a common ancestor to all three MS lines (Jegan/Jesta/Gustav Karl) instead of only the Jegan as previous info implies.
Just curious, do you have a source for this claim? Most of the information I can find on Jesta still says it is developed base on the basic technology of the Jegan.
Mafty

Well now it seems as though the unit seen in Hathaway's Flash is back to being in the original design and color (at least to the games, I'm not sure what color it was in the novel). So maybe the earlier Gustav Karl's (ie the retconned version in Unicorn and NT) are prototypes for the more common version seen in this movie.