Izumo and Archangel?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Izumo and Archangel?

So which ship was built first? The Izumo was apparently the design base for the Archangel (though honestly aside from the bridge design the two ships look nothing alike, plus the Archangel is much bigger). However it enters combat six months after the Archangel does. Was the Izumo built first? Were both built at the same time? Also what was ORB's endgame? They built the Astrays for terrestrial defense; but why'd they build so many spaceships? Had they always thought the EA would forcibly annex them and they'd have to fight in space? If so why did Morgenrote build the EA such powerful weapons in the first place?
azrael

Re: Izumo and Archangel?

The Izumo-class was designed first. Archangel was likely started construction first* since the EA needed a next gen carrier for the G-units ASAP.

* Since Archangel was built by the EA while the Izumo was built by ORB/Morgenroete, the construction timelines likely ran parallel at the end of the day with Archangel being placed into service 1st, considering Archangel was a bigger but non-modular design with more armaments.
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
John-Luck Pickerd

Re: Izumo and Archangel?

Orb has space holding as well, like Heliopolis (not anymore, but it can be reconstructed I guess) and Ame no Mihashira.Obviously they need something up there to protect their colonies.