Argama Class? (SPOILERS)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Argama Class? (SPOILERS)

So what exactly happened to the Argama? It's left on earth for Karaba and never seen again. The space centric AEUG seemed more tied toward direct conflict with Neo Zeon than their terrestrial counterpart Karaba, Plus the Argama was their ONLY ship left at that point. Or was their supposed to be more expansive conflict across the earth against Neo Zeon? We never really see any part of the war not tied to the Gundam Team, and unlike the OYW there aren't any animated side stories.

For that matter why was the Nahel Argama built in the first place? If the AEUG/Earth Federation was just going to leave Haman alone what was the point of installing Bright and a new crew on a warship?
AGF-Antoine

Re: Argama Class? (SPOILERS)

I have no access to written resources like many of the other members do.
But here is my take on it, based on having watched the show.

Eventually Karaba went to space as well, so it is highly probable Argama became the flagship for that.

Also, technically there is an animated side story in Gundam Evolve, with the three Zeta Gundam's.
I thought they actually launched from the Argama.

Nahel Argama was a prototype ship that would be way too expensive to mass-produce.
Thus Anaheim Electronics gave it to AEUG as sponsoring or something.

But yeah, analyzing deep reasons is undoable in Gundam ZZ.
It was mostly Judau & Co wanting to get revenge against Neo Zeon.
Which is exactly the reason why Bright left the Nahel Argama to the Gundam Team.
Underrated GM Custom

Mafty wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:14 pm So what exactly happened to the Argama? It's left on earth for Karaba and never seen again.

For that matter why was the Nahel Argama built in the first place? If the AEUG/Earth Federation was just going to leave Haman alone what was the point of installing Bright and a new crew on a warship?
I'm not an expert on this time period but in-universe I imagine they had requested a replacement or upgrade for the Argama since it was a beast at the start of Zeta but was quickly outclassed by other flagships by the end of the series. As for why it's left with Karaba, that's a great point I imagine it'd be more useful in space than on land where they were using Garuda class carriers.

Out of universe, a new series needs a new warship and a new protagonist Gundam to keep sales thriving.

If you're looking for conflicts on Earth with Neo Zeon there is the non-cannon Kazuhira Kondo manga called "Revival of Zeon" that deals with a land invasion of earth in between ZZ and CCA.
AGF-Antoine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:54 pm Also, technically there is an animated side story in Gundam Evolve, with the three Zeta Gundam's.
I thought they actually launched from the Argama.
That's actually my favorite Gundam Evolve episode. You might be able to still find it up on youtube. In that one the Red/Gold/White Zeta launch from earth with some powerful boosters to reach space. No Argama though.
Mafty

I always thought it was weird to introduce a new warship so late in the series; you'd think they'd replace the Argama the same time they added the ZZ, then it'd get to actually do more across the series than appear for about 10 episodes(its much better used in Unicorn IMO). As for toy sales I always thought it was interesting that Sunrise/Bandai never tried to replace all the mecha at the start of a new series like they did to ridiculous extremes in SEED DESTINY(Cagalli getting a magic Golden Gundam out of nowhere anyone?). Then again that's probably why Neo Zeon had so many units.