The role of tanks in Gundam

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
MythSearcher

Re: The role of tanks in Gundam

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:18 pm
Very good point. In addition to cost there is a deal of extra weight with all the internal motors required to transform. I do have to say from an in-universe perspective I do value that they made a point on how expensive TMS were and actively tested out cheaper version like the Methuss. I would also hazard a guess that the Gaplant with it's very streamlined design has the cheapest transforming mechanisms of the Titan's MS.

I had forgotten about TMA, those are primarily ZZ right? Then subsequently disappeared for the rest of continuity.

The Psycho-Gundam is an interesting point. It transforms into a mobile fortress. It's slow, cumbersome, nearly indestructible and packs some heavy firepower. Perhaps we've found our UC tank replacement?
Most of them are designed by Titans. ZZ don't have a lot because NZ doesn't seem to be too fond of them. You can see that they stick to non-transformable ones instead since 0083's Neue Ziel. I can't recall seeing the NZ having any MA of their own in ZZ as well, Psycho Mk-II and the Asshimar are units they picked up from Titans. Queen Mansa is considered a heavy MS somehow, but okay, the size is definitely MA class.
Oh I know the set you're referring to, those are pretty tiny. Here's an example of the ones I was referring to, while most of the MS are 1/400 scale the MA are considerably smaller perhaps 1/800. The full Mini Figure Select (M.F.S.) visual list is shown here by a very helpful blogger.
Well, they do have to fit them in the same packages and sell at the same price.
You know I hadn't made that connection before. The Aspalus is essentially my holy grail of MA, it's a Big Zam without the silly chicken legs. Although it's also lacking all the AA MPC that Big Zam is fond of.
My holy grail is always the MAN-08 Elmeth.
It not only has all the main line tank destroyer type features with its main mega beam gun, but also is a small carrier in its own right with all the bits.(each about the size of EFSF's Ball.)
Similar reasoning I like the Qubeley.