F91's Jegans deployment year

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
VoidKing02

F91's Jegans deployment year

Does anyone known in which years the Jegan J-Type (Normal Type), and Jegan R-Type (F91's A Type) were respectively rolled out?
We know that the Heavygun (rolled out in UC109) is essentially just a miniaturized Normal Type so i guess it must have been between UC97 and UC109.
Strangely during the Mafty uprising in UC105 they mostly used the Karl, so was it that they used the Karl on Earth and the Jegan Normal Type in Space?
And how does this coincide with the Jesta large-scale production?
Seto Kaiba

Re: F91's Jegans deployment year

VoidKing02 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:11 am Does anyone known in which years the Jegan J-Type (Normal Type), and Jegan R-Type (F91's A Type) were respectively rolled out?
A quick skim of available resources says the RGM-89J entered service "after UC 0110".
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Mafty

This is often a problem with retcons; as information added later to an earlier part of the timeline contradicts earlier works (Ie the Gustav Karl was at first only seen in the Hathways Flash novels, The Jesta in the Unicorn ones, etc) in fact this has happened a lot in Gundam before…

However there is also an in-universe reason, lack of quantity. Often mechs like the Jesta and Gustav Karl are made in limited quantities for varying Federation taskforces(like the Jeagan was initially) and may never have entered full mass production for a number of reasons (probably money related). That being said its still odd the Federation NEVER brings the high quality mechs out of storage for mainstream use. If the Federation was using decades old ships and suits (The Jegan, The Clop, even the Salamis Kai), you’d think they’d take a least SOME of the limited mass produced Gundams / high quality prototypes out of the mothballs.
AGF-Antoine

Mafty wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:08 pm This is often a problem with retcons; as information added later to an earlier part of the timeline contradicts earlier works (Ie the Gustav Karl was at first only seen in the Hathways Flash novels, The Jesta in the Unicorn ones, etc) in fact this has happened a lot in Gundam before…
This already happened, the manual of the HGUC Messer Type-F01 mentions tech shared with the Jegan Type-A.
Specifically, the Beam Sabers and the E-packs of the Long Beam Rifle.
yazi88

I could've sworn in late parts of Unicorn I saw the same beam rifle of the Jegan types used in F91... As those were different shape and stronger than the CCA era beam rifle of the original Jegan which the type D still used for most of Unicorn.
PowerdGNFlag

yazi88 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 pm I could've sworn in late parts of Unicorn I saw the same beam rifle of the Jegan types used in F91... As those were different shape and stronger than the CCA era beam rifle of the original Jegan which the type D still used for most of Unicorn.
That would be a ReZEL in Episode 6 of the OVA which has the same (or at least a really similar-looking) beam rifle as the Jegan M-Type.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
yazi88

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:12 pm
yazi88 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:26 pm I could've sworn in late parts of Unicorn I saw the same beam rifle of the Jegan types used in F91... As those were different shape and stronger than the CCA era beam rifle of the original Jegan which the type D still used for most of Unicorn.
That would be a ReZEL in Episode 6 of the OVA which has the same (or at least a really similar-looking) beam rifle as the Jegan M-Type.
YES!!! That's the one! That is the same beam rifle used by the Jegan types in F91!