Thoughts on CC Black History mecha?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Petorius

Thoughts on CC Black History mecha?

For some reason I just can't get my mind off of those mecha, namely the Gozzo, and Borjarnon. The Gozzo just kinda feels like a late Zeon or Zeon remnants design, and the Borjarnon, due to the difference in how the cockpit hatches open, the increased performance compared to the Zaku (like hovering over water), the lack of a noticeable performance difference between the standard (MS-06) and the Gavane Custom (MS-05) as well as the slightly hidden power cables on the Gavene Custom head (which the Zaku I didn't have), it always seemed to me like they were probably Hobby Hizacks modified to look like Zakus in some One Year War enthusiast's collection. Anyway, thoughts?
MythSearcher

Re: Thoughts on CC Black History mecha?

Petorius wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 am For some reason I just can't get my mind off of those mecha, namely the Gozzo, and Borjarnon. The Gozzo just kinda feels like a late Zeon or Zeon remnants design, and the Borjarnon, due to the difference in how the cockpit hatches open, the increased performance compared to the Zaku (like hovering over water), the lack of a noticeable performance difference between the standard (MS-06) and the Gavane Custom (MS-05) as well as the slightly hidden power cables on the Gavene Custom head (which the Zaku I didn't have), it always seemed to me like they were probably Hobby Hizacks modified to look like Zakus in some One Year War enthusiast's collection. Anyway, thoughts?
Since they are maintained by Turn series nanomachines, either they are modified according to the data they have(since they have all data from all Gundam series), for whatever purpose, or they are restored museum pieces.
Considering most Zakus leftover after UC0100 will be EFF ones, it is very likely that the EFF will be modifying their Zakus with whatever is available instead of old vintage antique parts, modifying them with Hizack parts is likely also an option with MSV-R RoJR's technology of AE.
Mafty

Totally the Zaku (Borjarnon) was outclassed by numerous other designs over the course of the numerous Neo-Zeon movements. The odd assortment of old Zeon suits (The Zaku 1, Zaku 2, the Capule) seems to suggests that some of the cycles belonged to Zeon supporters/enthusiasts.
Looking at the endless history of warfare between the earth and the moon you start to wonder just how many Zeon remnants there actually were over time. A lot of the suits look decidedly “Alien” and different from the suits of the Universal Century (ie,the Flat, SUMO, Mahiroo, and most obviously the Wodom) suggesting far future conflicts with more advanced designs and technology (as seen in Reconguista in G).
Meanwhile other units are either strikingly similar to Universal Century counterparts (ie the Borjarnon, Kapool) or seemingly future modified units (Ie the Muttowoooo looks like the Baund Doc, The Cannon Illefuto is like the Guncannon, and the Zssan is basically a streamlined purple Zssa).
Kuruni

Japanese Wikipedia notes at least one source (「∀ガンダム」全記録集1 2000) state that the Cannon Illefuto was originally from the Late UC era between F91 - V. I guess it's an early prototype of downscale MS.

Funny, depend on what you think Ring of Gundam is, the antagonist MS have tail that look very similar to CC-era's spine frame.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Petorius

Kuruni wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 am Japanese Wikipedia notes at least one source (「∀ガンダム」全記録集1 2000) state that the Cannon Illefuto was originally from the Late UC era between F91 - V. I guess it's an early prototype of downscale MS.

Funny, depend on what you think Ring of Gundam is, the antagonist MS have tail that look very similar to CC-era's spine frame.
I almost forgot about Ring of Gundam. Is that canon though?
Edit: actually, now that I'm seeing the Skeleton MS having seen Turn A it looks almost exactly like the Eagail.