Was the ZZ made for Kamille?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Was the ZZ made for Kamille?

According to background information; the ZZ Gundam was built to surpass the Zeta in order to fight the Titans, does that mean that Kamille would have been the originally intended pilot?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Was the ZZ made for Kamille?

Mafty wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 pm According to background information; the ZZ Gundam was built to surpass the Zeta in order to fight the Titans, does that mean that Kamille would have been the originally intended pilot?
Based on what I can find, it's hard to say?

I'm not sure if this is a retcon or not, but the info I'm looking at says the ZZ Gundam's development was a part of a weapons development program that predated the Zeta Project and was eventually combined with it after the Zeta Project kicked off. It was originally developed for the Titans as a support craft for Mobile Fortresses, and finished thanks to technologies developed for the Zeta Project too late for use in the Gryps campaign and was delivered to AEUG forces due to the outbreak of the First Neo Zeon War.

So I guess the original intended pilot was an unspecified Titans officer, then probably Kamille Bidan when Anaheim restarted development after the AEUG captured Jaburo, but probably nobody in particular when the actual MS was finally delivered.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...