RX Plan?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
SuperFeatherYoshi

RX Plan?

I've been looking up information on Operation V, and I've been wondering... Just what is RX Plan?

Data compilation sources like Gundam Officials and Mobile Suit Bible seem to imply that it was an earlier anti-mobile suit weapon project that was folded into Operation V. But I'm having trouble finding when it was first mentioned, or just what it entails. Does anyone know?
Seto Kaiba

Operation V's predecessor: RX Plan

SuperFeatherYoshi wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:56 pm I've been looking up information on Operation V, and I've been wondering... Just what is RX Plan?
Not gonna lie... I was like 90% convinced I was gonna find a bot shilling prescription drug plans or something. :lol:

The RX Program (RX計画) was an Earth Federation Forces research and development project established in March of UC 0078 in response to the Principality of Zeon's heavy focus on Mobile Suit technology. Its goals were twofold: the development of anti-Mobile Suit weaponry and the advancement of the Federation's own Mobile Suit technology. It was under the RX Program that advancements like Luna Titanium armor, the Core Block System, and other tech the later Operation V would incorporate into the Federation's first-generation Mobile Suit prototype once Dr. Minovsky joined the program after defecting to the Federation.

After the war broke out, the RX Program was rolled into Operation V as part of the effort to get a battle-ready new Mobile Suit into the fight.

SuperFeatherYoshi wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:56 pm Data compilation sources like Gundam Officials and Mobile Suit Bible seem to imply that it was an earlier anti-mobile suit weapon project that was folded into Operation V. But I'm having trouble finding when it was first mentioned, or just what it entails. Does anyone know?
The only book I have that explains it is one called Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Strongest Legend from 2009.

It's mentioned that the term originated in the Gundam projects of the 1990s, but it's not specific about what book first mentioned it.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
SuperFeatherYoshi

Re: RX Plan?

Thanks for the info, I saw that reference to the 2009 sourcebook too on Japanese Wikipedia, always frustrates me that compilation books like that never cite anything.

Also, I found a reference to RX Plan in Gundam Historica 1, but it was pretty barebones and didn't say much except it was a mobile suit development project that started before the war broke out.