Jerid's Baund Doc?(SPOILERS)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Jerid's Baund Doc?(SPOILERS)

Where exactly does Jerid's customized Baund Doc appear? The colors depicted are never seen in either the anime or the compilation movies, it seems to be Rosamia's unit. Is it an unused design? or does it appear in a video game?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Jerid's Baund Doc?(SPOILERS)

So... after doing some quick research, the yellow Baund Doc never appears in the anime, movies, or novelization of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. The explanation for it has changed several times over the years.

One explanation that has remained semi-consistent despite the other explanations layered on top of it is that there were three Baund Doc specifications:
  • NRX-055-1 Baund Doc - Gates Capa's grey Baund Doc prototype (two seater)
  • NRX-055-2 Baund Doc - Rosamia Badam's navy blue and pink Baund Doc
  • NRX-055-3 Baund Doc - Unused navy blue and yellow Baund Doc
Several books published at the time of the show's airing like the Z Setting Collection asserted the yellow one (NRX-055-3) was a newer model Baund Doc and left it at that. Newtype 100%: Z Gundam 2 incorrectly said it was Gates Capa's machine, and a number of later books said that it was intended to be Jerid Messa's machine. That was left unexplained until the 2000s when the NRX-055-3 made its first actual appearance in the SD Gundam games. SD Gundam: G Generation added a final layer to the explanation by saying that the NRX-055-3 was in fact Jerid Messa's Baund Doc that was a specification for non-Newtype pilots.

To date, its only appearances have been in video games like Super Robot Wars and SD Gundam.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
yazi88

The Yellow colored Bound Doc has not been in SRW or G Generation for a long time. SRW Z was the last SRW game to have the Bound Doc and it was Rosamia's pink color, not the Yellow one. G Generation Genesis didn't have the yellow Bound Doc either.
Seto Kaiba

yazi88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:02 am The Yellow colored Bound Doc has not been in SRW or G Generation for a long time. SRW Z was the last SRW game to have the Bound Doc and it was Rosamia's pink color, not the Yellow one. G Generation Genesis didn't have the yellow Bound Doc either.
Based on what I can find, they took it out starting in G Generation F and its only appearance since was in G Generation Portable.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
Kuruni

It was still there in F, I don't know about Neo though.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

I could've sworn it wasn't in G Gen portable because it was a expanded G Generation F that added a bunch of series....

But I haven't touched that game in a long time so maybe it is in there.