α-Azieru (SPOILERS)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

α-Azieru (SPOILERS)

As has been discussed before Char's Neo Zeon had a smaller force and less state of the art mobile suits than Haman's did. Since their forces were so small who was originally going to pilot the α-Azieru? Quess only joined their movement a week before the wars end after all.Given how Char was at first a mentor (sort of anyway) to Gyunei does that mean that originally he would have piloted the unit once he proved himself? There must have been at least one more Jagd Doga laying around somewhere, as they couldn't have built a new one in the week the movie lasts(Though it is customized in Quess's colors unlike the α-Azieru which remains Beige). It is shown in the film that the α-Azieru was completed before they left Sweetwater so maybe Char always hoped to find another stronger Newtype to best make use of the unit.
fahentai

Re: α-Azieru (SPOILERS)

Who knows? Don't forget NT has the ability to foresee the future, may be Char has already known Quess is going to john in him.
And, if you watched Char's Deleted Affair: Portrait of a Young Comet (yes, I know this manga was made almost 15 years after CCA but its time line is UC0080s ), you can found that Char has the expirence to use a giant MA, may be he will roll it himself?
Sorry for my fuxked up English...But I am just an international student in Au from China. If my words makes you guys confused, let me know.I will explain it.
Seto Kaiba

Mafty wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:30 pm As has been discussed before Char's Neo Zeon had a smaller force and less state of the art mobile suits than Haman's did. Since their forces were so small who was originally going to pilot the α-Azieru?
Char Aznable was the NZ-333 α Azieru's original intended pilot according to the MG Sazabi's manual.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
domino

Is it true that the Jagd Doga that Quess uses was originally Char's personal machine prior to Sazabi being completed?

It is interesting that the α Azieru was intended for Char since it's not really a machine I'd imagine suitable for a duel. Maybe he was inspired by the Zeong and wanted to recreate their clash at A Baoa Qu?
Mafty

That is actually the Röte Doga which shares a color scheme; According to the Gundam Wiki (I know, but they cite a Hobby Japan article.) it also served as a bridge between the three year old Geara Doga, and the Newtype customized Jagd Doga. It was used as stopgap as Char awaited the Sazabi's completion( I never read the novels so I have no idea how long the conflict started before March of UC 0093). Quess's uniform follows Char's color scheme so that may be why her Jagd Doga does as well.

The other Jagd Doga parts were probably simply lying around somewhere for various purposes. Even as small an organization as Newborn Neo Zeon would still need some back up equipment. They would never know if they could have found another pilot to aide their forces. Additionally it could have served as a back up in the event that Gyunei's unit was damaged/destroyed.

I agree that the α Azieru could serve as a nice follow up to the Zeong,though Char would probably have probably repainted it red.
domino

Thanks. I was rewatching CCA and I think another reason that Char gave Quess the α Azieru was due to his arrogance when he saw the unlikely parts of the plan come together (ie purchasing Axis and acquiring the nuclear weapons cache). Char no longer felt that he needed to use his ultimate weapon and he could use Quess much like he did with Lalah

We see that Char was became so distracted that during the final battle he placed more priority on overseeing the asteroid drop than actually seeking out Amuro like he did on previous occasions. I think Char was expecting Quess and Gyunei to keep Amuro occupied long enough for him to revel in seeing the asteroid drop