Buster, Duel, And Gaia (SPOILERS)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Mafty

Buster, Duel, And Gaia (SPOILERS)

The Buster and Duel both survive the Bloody Valentine war, and Dearka ultimtely rejoins ZAFT. However the units are never seen or mentioned again. Likewise Gaia switches hands alot before ending up with the three ships alliance, where it is only used once.So is it every explained what happened to these three units?
Dark Duel

Re: Buster, Duel, And Gaia (SPOILERS)

In the case of the Gaia and Buster, by CE 74 the two of them are basically obsolete; newer machines exist with equal or better performance that can fulfill the same roles, and the ubiquity of beam weapons makes their PS Armor, given its significant cost to energy and their limited powerplants, more of a liability than an asset.
Additionally, at least one of them, the Buster, was IIRC severely damaged in battle at Jachin. I assume therefore that both were scrapped. And yes, I know that the Alliance rebuilt and eventually upgraded them on their side, but I'm not talking about those(all three upgraded first-gen Gundams ended up destroyed anyway), I'm only talking about the original units.

As far as the Gaia goes, well I'm not entirely sure why it was even brought up again beyond to save costs by reusing pre-existing stock footage, but given that IIRC the GOUF Ignited can engage it on close to equal terms, I assume it was also eventually scrapped.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
John-Luck Pickerd

Buster = obsolete in terms of technology and performance, presumably dismantled either by ZAFT or Earth Alliance, if it was given back. If it was even recovered at all.

Duel = obsolete in terms of technology and performance, presumably dismantled either by ZAFT or Earth Alliance, if it was given back.

Gaia = Not enough stock footage, besides it is a suit primarily designed for ground combat. Space battle might not be the best place to use it when you have other suits.
PowerdGNFlag

Dark Duel wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 pm As far as the Gaia goes, well I'm not entirely sure why it was even brought up again beyond to save costs by reusing pre-existing stock footage, but given that IIRC the GOUF Ignited can engage it on close to equal terms, I assume it was also eventually scrapped.
I have thought for the longest time that Andy's Gaia was the same unit as Stella's, which was aboard the shuttle he and Lacus stole. That's why it's the only usable mobile suit they have when Terminal was attacked (no-one can pilot SF and IJ, and the DOMs are not yet done).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...