Did the GM III had anything from the GM Quel?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

Did the GM III had anything from the GM Quel?

Talking in other place about why didn't the Federation adopt a mass-production moveable-frame mobile suit (A.K.A. the Jegan) right after Gryps instead of relying on the GM III, some people told me that there was a supplement book which said that the GM III actually had arms incorporated moveable frames like the GM Quel. Can anyone here confirm this piece of information?

If that is the case, then I wonder if the GM Quel could be converted into the GM III? Probably not, since the GM Custom is substantially different from the baseline GM and GM II. The GM Quel is probably in reserve along with other OYW GM variants after the First Neo Zeon War.
yazi88

Re: Did the GM III had anything from the GM Quel?

No, the GM III has no relation to the GM Quel. GM III was based on the GM II but had a upgraded backpack from the Gundam MK II. GM II was a upgraded regular GM.

GM Quel was based on the GM Custom and had a few changes like a new arm design.

In terms of the movable frames, pretty much all latter Generation mobile suits incorporated the design after the Gundam MK II. I guess that is the only real link between the GM Quel and III, albeit not a strong one outside of being cousins in the GM family. Movable frame became the standard in MS design later in the Gryps war and beyond.