Imagine the trouble in the early days of Anaheim's mobile suit development

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

Imagine the trouble in the early days of Anaheim's mobile suit development

This article and others about Faraday Future remind me of how much the executives can screw up the engineering process. So I wonder if it is the same with Anaheim in the early days of its mobile suit production. I suppose their subsidiaries must already had been semi-autonomouis since then, so the old hands at Zimmad and Zeonic could still be in power when the Gundam Development Project started. But could there still be a chance that the top Anahem executives at the time, who had almost no experience on MS at all, screw up the engineers?

... Now I actually think about a scenario in which the engineers behind the GP series were close to disowned by Anaheim, and those who made the GP02 in particular were seconded to the Titans to make the Hi-Zack as a form of exile, while the resources were concentrated on the Rick Dias and then the Nemo.
MythSearcher

Re: Imagine the trouble in the early days of Anaheim's mobile suit development

False Prophet wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:16 am This article and others about Faraday Future remind me of how much the executives can screw up the engineering process. So I wonder if it is the same with Anaheim in the early days of its mobile suit production. I suppose their subsidiaries must already had been semi-autonomouis since then, so the old hands at Zimmad and Zeonic could still be in power when the Gundam Development Project started. But could there still be a chance that the top Anahem executives at the time, who had almost no experience on MS at all, screw up the engineers?

... Now I actually think about a scenario in which the engineers behind the GP series were close to disowned by Anaheim, and those who made the GP02 in particular were seconded to the Titans to make the Hi-Zack as a form of exile, while the resources were concentrated on the Rick Dias and then the Nemo.
AE bought the companies and didn't even bother changing all of their names, as long as they are not as patriotic as Zeonic. They just tagged Anaheim in front of those EFF related ones.(Like BLASH became AE BLASH)
They are VERY autonomous to a point where AE can use it as an excuse to cut them off after they sold MSs to anti-EF factions, so yes, their engineers didn't have much input from the mother company.
AE seems to only have the overall planning(At least after the failure of GP00), gave the order to proceed with development, along with whatever technology they gathered after OYW, and the branches delivered what they asked for.