Silver Bullet Suppressor's Arm Swapping

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
yaminegira13

Silver Bullet Suppressor's Arm Swapping

As cool as it looks I got to ask is there any reason why they couldn't just reinforce the arms so that it can handle the beam magnum's recoil? It seems like a huge waste of resources making multiple arms then essentially throwing them away after 1 shot.
Kuruni

Re: Silver Bullet Suppressor's Arm Swapping

So it can swing its own arm like Ez8 without ripping one off.
My girlfriend was a loli.
yazi88

The whole arms coming off has been a feature on the unit it was based on, Doven Wolf. The hands being detachable and use beam sabers/beam guns have been shown in use in ZZ and Unicorn as more incom weapons.

Most mobile suits do not have reinforced arms nor have any reason to. Plus Unicorn units were unique in that they had a psychoframe to help reinforce the arms I believe. No other MS uses a beam magnum and no other weapon has the ridiculous kickback recoil as it.
domtropen

6 rocket punches :mrgreen:

I guess sinced Silver Bullet seems to be mass-produced to some degree, getting spare arms from the avaliable stockpile would be easier and more economical than making a new and very pricey Unicorn-level arm and its own spare parts. Delta Plus's arm is broken with just one beam magnum shot.

Only the lower arm [with thrusters] of Doven Wolf and its derivatives can detach in combat. Silver Bullet Suppressor has its right arm modified so that the whole upper to lower arm can be removed and replaced in combat. Wondering whether or not the jettisoned lower arm can still be detached and controlled after being thrown off?
False Prophet

So, new development:
https://i.4cdn.org/m/1606889959321.jpg
https://i.4cdn.org/m/1606890021907.png
Basically, in Mobile Suit Gundam UC Episode EX2 Lion's Return manga, Banagher now piloted a Gundam Mk-II with a modified right arm from the Silver Bullet. And that arm still had the quick-swap mechanism!
I am not mad. Not mad at all. Just that instead of a Silver Bullet/Doven Wolf, which had already been designed to work with high-power weapon, they chose freaking Mk-II, which was made in the early days of Moveable Frames!