V Gundam custom color schemes

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
PowerdGNFlag

Re: The Clop Class Cruiser Damascus Gundam NT

byronRib wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 pm I noticed some V Gundam have color scheme not seen in the show. Are they suppose to be custom machines for aces? The Shrike Team?
Offhand the only V Gundam color variants that's not an MSV exclusive is the Ver.Ka version (which has different color apps in some places like the shoulder vents) and the all-black ones used by the backup Shrike Team in V Gundam Side Story. If they're in the show then you might be mistaking some of the Gun-EZ/Gunblasters for Victory-types (which admittedly is an easy mistake to make).
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Seto Kaiba

Re: V Gundam custom color schemes

byronRib wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 pm I noticed some V Gundam have color scheme not seen in the show. Are they suppose to be custom machines for aces? The Shrike Team?
I suppose it'd depend which ones you meant?

The ones I'm familiar with are in Master Archive Mobile Suit: Victory Gundam:
  • Training type: the blue of the standard paintjob replaced by orange, a unit used for both model conversion training and for training maintenance personnel on maintaining and repairing the Victory Gundam.
  • Camouflage pattern 1: the blue of the standard paintjob replaced by dark blue-gray, allegedly for urban operations. (This seems manifestly silly.)
  • Camouflage pattern 2: the blue of the standard paintjob replaced by khaki, and the base white paint tinted brown, supposedly for combat in desert conditions.
  • Rollout colors: except for the feet, all colors except white replaced by shades of gray.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...