[Narrative Spoilers] Question on MS Production

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
TDR-10M Thunderbolt

[Narrative Spoilers] Question on MS Production

This thread contains spoilers about mobile suits used in Gundam Narrative. As a courtesy, I'm putting my entire post in a spoiler box since I can't really separate the spoiler from the question without revealing what the spoiler is.

Spoiler
In Gundam Narrative, we see a trio of Dijehs take the field. This is interesting, since the original Dijeh was a one-off unit produced just for Amuro. It's even more interesting since it's a fairly high-power mobile suit for its era, clearly able to outmatch the various Federation machines it fights.

What I'm wondering about is whether we have any evidence for or against them doing this with other high-spec MS? For example, would anyone be producing additional Hyaku Shiki units? Additional Dooven Wolves? What about the various Zeta variants?

I'm especially interested in the Hyaku Shiki, but info on any sort of 'someone revived a high-end MS in limited quantities' production is on-topic here and I'd love to hear your insights!
Seto Kaiba

Re: [Narrative Spoilers] Question on MS Production

TDR-10M Thunderbolt wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:26 pm This thread contains spoilers about mobile suits used in Gundam Narrative. As a courtesy, I'm putting my entire post in a spoiler box since I can't really separate the spoiler from the question without revealing what the spoiler is.

Spoiler
In Gundam Narrative, we see a trio of Dijehs take the field. This is interesting, since the original Dijeh was a one-off unit produced just for Amuro. It's even more interesting since it's a fairly high-power mobile suit for its era, clearly able to outmatch the various Federation machines it fights.

What I'm wondering about is whether we have any evidence for or against them doing this with other high-spec MS? For example, would anyone be producing additional Hyaku Shiki units? Additional Dooven Wolves? What about the various Zeta variants?

I'm especially interested in the Hyaku Shiki, but info on any sort of 'someone revived a high-end MS in limited quantities' production is on-topic here and I'd love to hear your insights!

Spoiler
Well, there's the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus that's basically the MSN-001 Delta Gundam with the bugs ironed out... the Delta Gundam being the model that became the Hyaku Shiki when its transformation proved to be an unworkable mess.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
TDR-10M Thunderbolt

Going to drop the spoiler box because I think we're far enough into the page that people will notice spoilers before it's too late. If a mod disagrees, please spoiler-box it back up; I have no problem with that.

Anyway, that's true! The Delta Gundam is an interesting case. I'm more talking about outright reviving older, high-spec models. Making additional, new Hyaku Shiki units or new Dooven Wolf units or so on. Is it something we see done in other parts of the series, or are the new Dijehs all we see of this sort of revival?
Deacon Blues

Unless some information has changed, the Dijeh wasn't a one-off mobile suit crafted specifically for Amuro. Years later, the MSK-008R Rick Dijeh is something that is more akin to being customized for Amuro but that's it. If you choose to follow part of the Gundam Narrative manga version, the serial numbers and what not were all filed off of the Dijeh before they went into battle to recapture Martha.
TDR-10M Thunderbolt

It wasn't? Huh, I didn't know that. I thought all along the Dijeh was, during 0087-0088, a unique MS. When did that change?
yazi88

Some prototype units have more than 1 unit made. We've seen in Gundam Evolve that there are more Zeta Gundam units, Amuro's being pretty much the exact same as Kamille's unit just without the bio-sensor. The FAZZ itself had 3 units.

Its not out of the blue to have a few more Dijeh prototypes running around. Dijeh doesn't seem to fall under limited produciton unit which seems to be atleast a dozen units made