Finally found a cross-section of the WHITE BASE... but it's in Japanese.

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
abaoaqu

Finally found a cross-section of the WHITE BASE... but it's in Japanese.

The problem is, I can't read Japanese.

https://i.redd.it/uysamw5l3or21.jpg

I know where the bridge, auxiliary bridge, hangars (obviously), garage, main gun, MP Cannons, and engines, but a lot of the other stuff I can't really make out.

Supposedly the living quarters are a circular area, but I'm not seeing it.
Not so sure what those big yellow bulbs are for, too big to be missiles, it seems.
Can find text pointing of the Guntank, the Guncannon and Gunperry are visible.
Can easily find the elevator.
There's also the matter of the rooms forward of the elevator, between the bridge and auxiliary bridge. What are they for?
What does CJWS stand for?
Сиг Зион!
Seto Kaiba

Re: Finally found a cross-section of the WHITE BASE... but it's in Japanese.

You didn't find an official one... this is clearly fanmade, looks like it was done in colored pencil.

It doesn't say "CJWS", it says "CIWS"... "Close In Weapons System", another name for a point-defense weapon emplacement... usually an anti-aircraft gun.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
MythSearcher

I know of at least 2 official/semi-official depictions of the WB and this is not it.
The main difference is the living quarters, one is in a ferris wheel config and the other in a merry-go-round config.
abaoaqu

I can never find anything that resembles the wheel-shape spoken of in most material on the superstructure. That was the main thing I was looking for in this image. The closest I could find to something matching that description was the MP Cannon "shields" on either side of the vessel.

The fact that Bandai/Sunrise never released any cross-sections over the past 40 years is perplexing. Hell, people did that for STAR WARS and STAR TREK.
Сиг Зион!
MythSearcher

abaoaqu wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:40 am
The fact that Bandai/Sunrise never released any cross-sections over the past 40 years is perplexing. Hell, people did that for STAR WARS and STAR TREK.
I don't know if you have actually purchased the official materials in Japanese.
The official depiction, which is the ferris wheel type can be at least found in Gundam Archive(ISBN4-8402-1211-2) and Gundam Officials(ISBN978-4-06-330110-6).
Here is the Gundam Official picture 10 is living quarters.
Granted, these are not exactly cheap buys(10,000 and 15,000 yen), but both are heavy enough to be used as weapons to kill an average person with mass to spare, the latter's 3.5kg(as listed in the official site, not that I am bored enough to weigh it) actually earned its nick names "murder weapon"(凶器) and "Pillow", and required an abridged, 1/4 chibi version, Gundam Q101(ISBN978-4-0633-0139-7) to go with it like Cliff notes.(I don't have Q101)

Gundam Archive is the type of archeological fan book, it gathered early concept designs of MSG where you can see abandoned designs like the Freedom Fortress(Which are different versions of the WB) and the never seen in show mecha like the mesh of the M61 and Magella Attack.(Kinda like a double cannon version Magella Attack.) The original concept design of Gundam, Guncannon and Guntank, and most of the characters.
Granted, I don't think it contains the earliest sketches by Tomino of Zaku, Z'Gok, etc. I am lazy and don't want to go over it, and the book really isn't my type because I like the technobabble more but I already know I have those in my Rapport Deluxe Gundam 大事典(ISBN4-89799-295-8) anyway. I regret buying this book, but it is too expensive to just discard. But if you like pretty line arts, this is the book to go for.

Gundam Officials, well, this is my type of book, with a flood of technobabble, words upon words, this is the encyclopaedia of Gundam.

So yes, they have done that for Star Wars and Star Trek and they have done that for Gundam as well, it is just that I really doubt there will be enough of a market to translate those into English, at least I have total confidence that there is none with the Gundam Officials. (Too expensive, too many words)

You also get antiques like Gundam Century(1980, renewal version ISBN4-87777-028-3), Gundam SF World(1981, too old that doesn't even have an ISBN number, which gives us the cross-section of Gundam AND the joke version cross-section the Spring powered Gundam), Entertainment Bible Gundam Encyclopaedia, Nwtype 100% collection series, and many more. I know there are still way more out there than I can find, but I am happy to stick with just the most official sources, especially for the texts.

It is not that they didn't release any, it is that you didn't have a means to get them.
If you only searched online for pictures, well, I know exactly why it is hard to find.
First they are expensive and not much people own them to begin with.
Secondly, they are copyrighted. Unless someone is so dedicated to spend that much money for a book and scan the whole thing, destroying them in the process and breaking the law; or someone asked a very specific question like you so people with the books can just take a low res picture to show but then usually gets buried in piles of discussion.