The Clop Class Cruiser Damascus [Gundam NT]

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Deathzealot

The Clop Class Cruiser Damascus [Gundam NT]

Okay like I mentioned in my thoughts on Narrative I noticed that the Damascus looked to be quite different from your normal Clop Class ships we see elsewhere. With it sporting a wider central hull which saw it have a wider hangar opening with two doors which would maybe allow a larger hangar. This would allow it to fully carry the six Jestas and the Narrative without any trouble. It also somehow has an Internal Gravity Block similar to that of the curved-looking one from the Archangel from SEED and not like the one we see briefly on Nahal Argama in Unicorn which seems to only has a small part of the entire ship. The Cooling Fins also look to be smaller then they are on other ships. Also upon inspecting the lineart from MAHQ, it looks like it also has an extra pair of machine gun turrets. I wouldn't be surprised with this ship is somehow a step in the direction of developing the Reinforce.

That is about it for my own thoughts on the ship. Anyone else wants to chime in with their own thoughts?
MythSearcher

Re: The Clop Class Cruiser Damascus [Gundam NT]

Deathzealot wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 pm Okay like I mentioned in my thoughts on Narrative I noticed that the Damascus looked to be quite different from your normal Clop Class ships we see elsewhere. With it sporting a wider central hull which saw it have a wider hangar opening with two doors which would maybe allow a larger hangar. This would allow it to fully carry the six Jestas and the Narrative without any trouble. It also somehow has an Internal Gravity Block similar to that of the curved-looking one from the Archangel from SEED and not like the one we see briefly on Nahal Argama in Unicorn which seems to only has a small part of the entire ship. The Cooling Fins also look to be smaller then they are on other ships. Also upon inspecting the lineart from MAHQ, it looks like it also has an extra pair of machine gun turrets. I wouldn't be surprised with this ship is somehow a step in the direction of developing the Reinforce.

That is about it for my own thoughts on the ship. Anyone else wants to chime in with their own thoughts?
Makes more sense that way.

https://truth.bahamut.com.tw/s01/201203 ... aac282.JPG
According to the settings and what's shown in the shows' limited view, this picture depicts the MS hangar of Salamis Kai VS Clop in red, using the 288m spec for Salamis and 292m spec for Clop.
(If we use the 228m for Salamis, the hatch will not be wide enough for a MS, hangar won't even have enough height for a MS as well.)
As you can see, Salamis has more space for hangar(If you wonder why it is not extending all the way to the back, that space is for storage), the 12m increase in length didn't give the Clop class too much of extra volume for MS carrying operations, most of the length is the catapult and what's under it seems to completely not designed for supporting MS but as missile launchers and turret. The side structures seems to have increased a lot of space for propeller operations which makes sense because the Clop is designed for longer operation time and larger coverage area, what's left for MS hangar really isn't much better than the Salamis.
The NT Clop at least seems to have more plausible space under that part for the hangar extension that can put it up against the usable volume of the Salamis Kai, which was said to be able to maintain 1~2 MS at the same time while storing a maximum of 6(including the 2 that is under maintenance)
As a MS mothership, the Clop's overall design seems to be superior(as the hatch is more accessible for scrambling as opposed to the Salamis requiring the elevator and easier to test maintaining MS's thrusters by opening the hatch) Yet the limited space makes it kinda strange in terms of being the next generation cruiser replacing the Salamis.(I guess that is kinda the reason you can still see Salamis operating in UC0153) The Damascus seems to have acknowledge and address this problem by giving it a reasonable fix.
The hangar portion is not just wider, the notch under the bridge is also pushed back further, much closer to the side propeller structures, giving even more space.

The bridge is higher, you can see a hatch under it which links to the hangar, but doesn't seems like it is tall enough for a MS to walk out of it, wonder what that hatch is. On the side of that part, you get 8 small turret/missile hatches so you really don't get a lot of space inside there.

The back of the hull behind the bridge is also thicker, unlike the original Clop, which looks like a thin plate on top of a narrower structure, the Damascus seems to have more volume in that part.
Since the hangar portion is wider, this part possibly is also wider, and is reflected on it covering more of the side thrusters portion. Also, it has an extra coolant tank on each side, might be used to explain the smaller fin. The Clop only has that part covering about 1/3 of it, while the Damascus goes all the way to about 2/3 or maybe 3/4 of it, so it probably can carry another row of coolant tanks inside.