What is this weapon on the Avalanche Exia'?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
DragoMaster009

What is this weapon on the Avalanche Exia'?

Does anybody here know what this boomerang-shaped weapon (as seen in the following picture which the Avalanche Exia' is holding) is called or does?

https://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN-001/hs ... e_%27.jpeg
Arsarcana

Re: What is this weapon on the Avalanche Exia'?

A gimmick variation of the GN Long/Short Blade for the Avalanche (Dash) which takes the place of the original blades. You can see the concept sketch that shows the distinctive diamond-shaped blades joined at the hilts and how it became the 'Dash' version.
SonicSP

I’ve never seen this weapon before. Interesting and definitely more practical for an “Attack-Use” unit like the Avalanche I guess that needs to go in quickly than the smaller and harder to reach GN Blades.
E08

A bit late here, but better late than never... Based on the text in the picture, Kanetake Ebikawa designed the weapon because he feels that Exia’s normal weaponry seems measly/weak? during the Avalanche Exia’ form.

Anyway this weapon will be included with the upcoming option set for Metal Build Astraea Type F with a slight tweak, and is known as ‘GN Twin Broad Blade’. If I translate the info in the above link correctly, the backstory is roughly that Ian originally designed the weapon for Exia’s use, but he abandoned it mid-way. Later, Sherilyn revive the design as a weapon for Ex-Gundam Meister Fon Spaak. For Astraea Type F’s use, the new ‘GN Attachment Club’ replaces the GN Long and Short Blades concealed within the weapon.