Is the Trafalgar-class still canon?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

Is the Trafalgar-class still canon?

I hold a strange fondness for the Columbus-class, and by extension the Trafalgar-class, for their huge hangers on the sides. But it makes me wonder if the Trafalgar-class is still canon (is the Gundam novels considered canon?), and whether there is a reason for the Trafalgar-class creation?

I mean, for what need did the EFSF build the Trafalgar-class? The development of the ship must had been started a few years before OYW (by the time it was deployed in 0079, the ship could not carry MS, a sign pointed to the previous statement), but then the EFSF (in Origins, at least) seemed to me to be pretty confident in their power to crush Zeon in a possible war with their superior fleets (possibly augmented with MS. In Origin, was there any plan for the Guncannon to be used in space?)

The situation with the Trafalgar-class reminded me a bit of the Birmingham-class. Was it the last laugh of the big-gun doctrine within the EFSF?
Kuruni

Re: Is the Trafalgar-class still canon?

There is no canon.
My girlfriend was a loli.
ShadowCell

there is only the Force.
Kuruni

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
My girlfriend was a loli.
JEFFPIATT

False Prophet wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:56 am I hold a strange fondness for the Columbus-class, and by extension the Trafalgar-class, for their huge hangers on the sides. But it makes me wonder if the Trafalgar-class is still canon (is the Gundam novels considered canon?), and whether there is a reason for the Trafalgar-class creation?

I mean, for what need did the EFSF build the Trafalgar-class? The development of the ship must had been started a few years before OYW (by the time it was deployed in 0079, the ship could not carry MS, a sign pointed to the previous statement), but then the EFSF (in Origins, at least) seemed to me to be pretty confident in their power to crush Zeon in a possible war with their superior fleets (possibly augmented with MS. In Origin, was there any plan for the Guncannon to be used in space?)

The situation with the Trafalgar-class reminded me a bit of the Birmingham-class. Was it the last laugh of the big-gun doctrine within the EFSF?
I do not believe it made it to the "Harmony of Gundam" unified MSV sunrise did the only fiction it shows up in are the Novel series and the Gihren's Greed game showing up in it's animated shorts. http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Trafalgar-class It does literally does look like a Magellan-class with a early version of the Pegasus class Hangers attached to the sides. in the animated canon as of the Origin Anime the Columbus-class was used as the
carrier
Zeonista

Everything I put into my fics and RPG campaigns is official to me. Viva la headcanon! :) I do think the Trafalgar-class is a valid concept, albeit one which seems to have gotten overlooked in the anime story & design department. This is not a criticism of the anime teams, who after 40 years must have more stuff than they can count to draw upon! Taking a BB and converting it for Saberfish hauling seems like a long shot for persuading the big-gun loving EFSF brass though. I would have had it been a post-Loum conversion of ships in construction to fighter and MS use, sort of like early aircraft carriers. Then the combat service records could be used as a test bed for the Alexandria-class ships. That would make it have a purpose besides giving the Feddies another class of big ship for the Zeon aces to hunt.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Gelgoog Jager

Zeonista wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:30 pm Everything I put into my fics and RPG campaigns is official to me. Viva la headcanon! :) I do think the Trafalgar-class is a valid concept, albeit one which seems to have gotten overlooked in the anime story & design department. This is not a criticism of the anime teams, who after 40 years must have more stuff than they can count to draw upon! Taking a BB and converting it for Saberfish hauling seems like a long shot for persuading the big-gun loving EFSF brass though. I would have had it been a post-Loum conversion of ships in construction to fighter and MS use, sort of like early aircraft carriers. Then the combat service records could be used as a test bed for the Alexandria-class ships. That would make it have a purpose besides giving the Feddies another class of big ship for the Zeon aces to hunt.
I think the Nelson class from MSV-R fits that role better:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/SCV-102_Nelson

Essentially it can be seen as the successor of the concept from the Trafalgar class.