The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Mecha Thread Mk I

Arsarcana wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 am Well, I'm sure loving Ogre's new gunpla, especially that Grungust-inspired head.
The thumbnail just scream Getter :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Iverasus

Hoping that the hgbd would use a new mild though, given Rasetsu's plethora of body mounted beam weapons.

On another note, checking the wikia page of the red guy, it seems Orge hasn't used the Binder's claws and claw mounted cannon.
Kuruni

After I get a look at Karuna's and Emilia's Impulse, it's kind of sad that their combination in the last episode is an extreme case of gratuitous combination scene. I actually like the idea that these two Impulse can swap their ability (even if Ultraman R/B beat it by months), but it's suck that the manual say Arc-Lancier can use that massive rifle as a melee weapon (I'm very curious how it would look like) yet it's only used as gun in anime itself.
My girlfriend was a loli.
MythSearcher

Sarah's mecha is a mechanicalized Sarah MD unit with more details, which the model will be completely ignored and only give a few spare parts for you to interchange.
Oh well, good enough for a thing that only appeared for a single scene in show.
The light effect is pretty good. (too bad it will probably have to wait until the sales of the HG unit to go well and released in PB)
E08

MythSearcher wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:34 am Sarah's mecha is a mechanicalized Sarah MD unit with more details, which the model will be completely ignored and only give a few spare parts for you to interchange.
Oh well, good enough for a thing that only appeared for a single scene in show.
The light effect is pretty good. (too bad it will probably have to wait until the sales of the HG unit to go well and released in PB)
Have you seen images of the Gunpla kit? If you did, I think you give it too little credit. Here's the lineart, and here's the Gunpla images. I think the Gunpla kit managed to reproduce 80-90% of the MS mode's details; they seem to have use the MS mode as the base rather the Real form.
MythSearcher

E08 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 pm Have you seen images of the Gunpla kit? If you did, I think you give it too little credit. Here's the lineart, and here's the Gunpla images. I think the Gunpla kit managed to reproduce 80-90% of the MS mode's details; they seem to have use the MS mode as the base rather the Real form.
I guess I did give it too little credit by saying it completely ignored the details, but I don't think it gets to 80~90% of it either.

The lineart has really clear lines separating the parts, indicating a very sharp urn in angles.
The model do have some of the lines there, but isn't that clear and mostly give a sense of a smoothed out and toned down ones.

For example, the back skirt triangles are shaded to give a clear indication of curvature while the model is completely flat; the leg details are different from both, etc.

It is indeed more detailed to the MD version, but I'd say the model is only an in between of the two which is not really above 50% of the MS mode details, but only a compensate for making the MD mode with more details that aren't in both modes.