The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domino

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

Is it me or did McGillis fire his wing binder cannons at the Kimaris Vidar at the end of their duel (after being impaled by the drill)?

I'm curious to know what rounds it was firing. It didn't seem to be vulcans as the port size may indicate.
SNT1

So when Gaelio asked for "Ein" to crank it up against McGillis, do you guys think the Kimaris has entered the same state that Barbatos had against Hashmal, when it had the trailing-red-eye effect?
Is it me or did McGillis fire his wing binder cannons at the Kimaris Vidar at the end of their duel (after being impaled by the drill)?
Seemed like solid shells bigger than vulcans... he used it also earlier in a blade lock
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
yazi88

The Kimaris Vidar didn't seem to go into overdrive mode the way the Barbatos had, its performance seemed about the same as when it activated against the Barbatos when fighting against the Bael. I don't know if the Ein AV even knows or goes through the limiter for the Gundam's performance, because its a puesdo-system rather than the actual AV system, as Gaileo seems to be giving commands to it rather than actually piloting it physically.

Or I could be wrong, cause this Ein AV system is confusing, is Gaileo just a proxy to sit than and have the system take over or is he actually piloting it?
SNT1

Before, I had McGillis winning and really beasting on KV. After, when It seemed like when KV red-eyed (when Gaelio asked "Ein") he started to get the upper hand on Bael, and was just pushing Bael back until he pinned him on the side of the ship and ultimately winning. Plus there's the frequent shots of the Ein AV throughout the end of their duel.

To me it seemed like the pseudo-AV had all the advantages of the AV (to the end user) and none of the drawbacks (surgery, risk of losing bodily functions)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
yazi88

Oh yeah, I fully agree the pseudo-AV has all the advantages without the drawbacks, but I think it might also be that Ein had 3 implants, so the system might be the equivalent of that, compared to the 1 implant that McGillis had. More implants leads to better integration/performance of the AV system. So the Pseudo system might possibly have overpowered the one McGillis had.

Plus while the AV system on Mcgillis combined with a Gundam overpowered all the grunts, he isn't experienced with it nor used it as long compared to the Mika and Akihiro who had more implants who both had to adjust to the system when piloting Gundams.
domino

Bael's swords were breakable after all - proves they are just extremely durable

Once broken, McGillis lost his composure. Perhaps he shouldn't have thrown away his other blade.
hitokirigarou

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk IV

yazi88 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 pmIs there any info about the Gusion Full City's space booster pack and weapons?
Its weapon is a railgun. Not sure about the caliber or if it's more powerful than the 300 smoothbore cannons.
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk IV

hitokirigarou wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:25 am
yazi88 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 pmIs there any info about the Gusion Full City's space booster pack and weapons?
Its weapon is a railgun. Not sure about the caliber or if it's more powerful than the 300 smoothbore cannons.
I'm not sure if it a railgun or not. Cause the only other railguns we saw on the Flauros and Iok's Reginglaze and Iok's was a prototype unit while the Flauros was found with them on. It could be a railgun but it could also be a larger caliber rifle.
SonicSP

domino wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 am Bael's swords were breakable after all - proves they are just extremely durable

Once broken, McGillis lost his composure. Perhaps he shouldn't have thrown away his other blade.
Ya he shouldn't have in hindsight, though I can see what he was going for. Likely going to crush the cockpit directly. Perhaps sheathing it would have been better.
Dark Duel

SNT1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 pm To me it seemed like the pseudo-AV had all the advantages of the AV (to the end user) and none of the drawbacks (surgery, risk of losing bodily functions)
I would personally expect that at least some degree of surgical modification was necessary, as the first time it is activated we see that the system connects to something around/on Gaelio's neck - perhaps a different, less dangerous version of the same technology, as we now know Gjallarhorn has sufficiently developed the technology to the point of being able to implant it on a human being regardless of age.
yazi88 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 pm Or I could be wrong, cause this Ein AV system is confusing, is Gaileo just a proxy to sit than and have the system take over or is he actually piloting it?
The former is heavily implied, as the first time the system is activated, we see Gaelio is basically just sitting there not actually moving, while the brain that is integrated into the Pseudo-AV System(Ein's) seems to be the one taking all the strain and moving Vidar itself.
So while I personally think it's a little of both, the bulk of the work is being done by the system, with Gaelio being there mainly to act as a trigger or catalyst for the system's activation. Or at least that's my interpretation based on what we've seen.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
domino

I only noticed when I re-watched that the blade he tossed away was already broken - it happened when Bael and Kimaris clashed and he stabbed Kimaris twice - one in the hand and the other in the main body. It seems that the blade stuck in the main body was broken before he could remove it.
E08

Based on my understanding, it seems the AV System Type E takes over Gaelio's limbs and pilots the MS for him. When Gaelio first use the system in ep45, he tells Ein to use his body as he wishes.
yazi88

I mentioned it in the anime thread, but it was a bad idea for Hush to use the Hekija as it seemed to specialize in space battles and the way that high mobility suits are used in IBO is space only. If it equipment specialized for ground combat that would be different, because the Rouei and Graze/Reginglaze have different boosters for space/ground battles.

While yes it could function in ground, it doesn't have the same mobility and he wasn't that good of a pilot either, he got really lucky so far.

I wonder if Orga's Shiden has the AV system considering its a custom/commander's model, they might have gotten a AV cockpit from one of the downed enemy human debris units from previous battles or against Jasley's group.
SNT1

^Meh, Hush would have been toasted either way. Worth noting that the Graze he's fighting has the space configuration as well.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
yazi88

SNT1 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:06 pm ^Meh, Hush would have been toasted either way. Worth noting that the Graze he's fighting has the space configuration as well.
Nope, the Space Graze has those hyaku shiki like binders/thrusters, the land Graze has boosters in the back of the waist. I just watched it again, its been consistent in both seasons on which configuration the Grazes/Reginglaze are in.

And I agree, Hush would've lost either way, he took on enemies without backup, which helped him in space battles, and he didn't pay attention.
SNT1

My bad, it's neither the space nor the ground, it's the Ares configuration (still an EB-06 instead of a more dedictaed EB-06j), but again, it's still a moot point.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
yazi88

Ah, thank you, I forgot that the regular version is different from the Earth Ground Grazes which have the hover like thing. But I haven't seen the regular configuration used for space at all... its been ground only, that was my assumption then.
Cybaster

(Nevermind. Wrong thread.)
Last edited by Cybaster on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
yazi88

Don't bring real life politics into this... plus its against mechatalk guidelines...
Cybaster

I know. Wrong thread anyway, sorry.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!