The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk III

Do we know if it was actual Mars Branch Grazes in that final battle on Mars? Cause I thought Mars branch played Neutral while Rustal's forces were deployed. If its the green colors, that's not always just the Mars branch colors. Because during the battle against Dawn Horizon Corps, we saw Rustal's space Grazes that fought against Tekkadan during that time were also colored Green.
SonicSP

I seriously doubt they could have afforded to stay neutral given the weight of Rustal's and the council's after winning the Earth battle. Turning a blind eye to McGillis passing is one thing, not actively deploying when the big boss asks you is another especially after McGillis's true bloodline was revealed.
E08

Official site updated with lineart for Orga's Shiden and Graze Schild

The Graze Schild profile noted that it is a custom Graze used by the Arianrhod Fleet. Its basic armament consisted of a large shield and halberd. Participating in controlled group battle, its primary mission is to lay siege and suppress city or targeted organization.

Also, twitter information for the repaired Reginlaze Julia: Its right hand now has five fingers, and the sword and shield it uses are developed for Reginlaze. However, the sword is fitted with the rare metal tip of the Julian Swords.
Deathzealot

Wonder if we ever are going to get lineart for some the lesser known ships, like the Montag Company Ship, and the Turbines Transport ships.
Calubin_175

E08 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 am Official site updated with lineart for Orga's Shiden and Graze Schild

The Graze Schild profile noted that it is a custom Graze used by the Arianrhod Fleet. Its basic armament consisted of a large shield and halberd. Participating in controlled group battle, its primary mission is to lay siege and suppress city or targeted organization.

Also, twitter information for the repaired Reginlaze Julia: Its right hand now has five fingers, and the sword and shield it uses are developed for Reginlaze. However, the sword is fitted with the rare metal tip of the Julian Swords.
Looking back at episode 50 when the Grazes were trying to suppress the berserk Lupus Rex, I find it funny how only the normal Grazes and Julietta were carrying firearms. It goes to show that concentrated suppressive fire may work against a berserker like this. Therefore, the Graze Schild may not work against super fast targets.

The Graze pilots did show skill and adaptability by hurling their axes at their target.

Crowd melee tactics have its limitations as you could tell from some beat em up video games, the target only has limited surface area to accommodate for 3-4 melee opponents at a time.

Wow, I just realised that the two who killed Guts were Reginlazes with their bayonet heavy rifles. So they must have gotten few left from the 18 initially produced. Bael also destroyed a few in space. Despite the possibility of Arianrhod having gotten another batch, it is highly unlikely otherwise we should have seen at least a squad accompanying Julieta.
yazi88

Is there any info about Orga's/Eugene's white Shiden? I'm curious if it had the AV system in it or not.
Kuruni

No. In fact, the official site only has its image without even short description.
My girlfriend was a loli.
E08

Another twit by Kanetake Ebikawa roughly says that the space combat specialized Reginlaze Julia isn't really that bad at ground combat. He notes that if the normal Reginlaze is graded 'A' for in and out of the atmosphere, the Reginlaze Julia is 'SS' in outer space and 'A+' in the atmosphere.
PowerdGNFlag

The only problem I can see with using the Reginlaze Julia on the ground is having to drag its formerly-attached-to-the-legs thrusters, which now dangle mostly uselessly from the side skirts. I can't remember if they were used in the brief Barbatos fight but the connection looks flimsy enough that I'd guess that they weren't.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
E08

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:51 am The only problem I can see with using the Reginlaze Julia on the ground is having to drag its formerly-attached-to-the-legs thrusters, which now dangle mostly uselessly from the side skirts. I can't remember if they were used in the brief Barbatos fight but the connection looks flimsy enough that I'd guess that they weren't.
Not really, the legs thrusters can still be attached and used for boosting the suit in ground combat. See ep 50, around 9:11-9:12.
yazi88

According to Gundam Tri-Age, Eugene's White Shiden has a similar long sword as the Barbatos from season 1, although it doesn't look like his Shiden has the AV system.

http://www.gundam-try.com/news/tekkaryoran35.php
E08

If i'm not mistaken, that is the Barbatos' Long Sword without the white sword cover. However, since it is from a game, i wouldn't take its use by the white shiden as 100% official.
yazi88

True, I'm waiting for the official kit to get more info, it might be optional weapon, like the Barbatos Lupus which also had a improved long sword on the kit but never used it in the anime.
E08

Very late, but here's some miscellaneous info for season 1 MS from IBO Mechanics and World.

-Twin eye camera is one of the characteristics of the Gundam Frame. There are main and sub cameras.
-The magazine of Barbatos' smoothbore cannon holds 12 rounds.
-Barbatos Form 6’s autocannons slide forward when in use
-As mobile suit is focused on hand-to-hand combat, a roll cage-like frame protects the cockpit.
-Gusion Rebake‘s long rifle is 120mm.
-Via the AV System, the Gusion Rebake’s Aiming mode transform various information into visual data and feed them to the pilot.
-Brewer's Gndam Gusion is customized to fits its usage environment and its pilot, Kudal’s preference.
-Gundam Gusion's 400mm Buster Anchor is the largest caliber firearm installed on a MS.
-Gundam Gusion share cockpit parts with the cockpit of the rodi frame series.
-Kimaris Trooper's rear skirt armor contains a hover unit and the movable fin-like structure at the end is a stabiliser.
-The rear end of the Kimaris’ Gungnir lance can be used as an emergency weapon to strike enemy that sneak up to its back.
-Kimaris’ slash disk is fired electromagnetically, and one charge allows for three shots.
-As the AV system in the Ryusei-Go was forcefully integrated with the original Graze's control system, its link with the pilot is incomplete.
-Ryusei-Go and Gusion Rebake has the same cockpit.
-Graze Ein's custom large axes’ sizes are meant to fit the suit’s larger size and output. With the increase in the weapon's size, its destructive power also increased.
-Graze Ein's pile bunker is a single-use weapon, and the weapon's holder is ejected after use.
-Ein is fully integrated with the Graze Ein via the AV system, and connected to the suit's cockpit via three cords on the back, two on the neck and two on the chest. There is no monitor in front of Ein as all info is projected onto his retina. The cockpit is filled with nutrient fluid.
-The shoulder thrusters of the Graze Ritter Commander Type has a higher output than the ones on the Standard Type.
-With a caliber of 110mm, Hyakuris' rifle is more destructive than the Hyakuren’s 100mm rifle cannon.
-The JEE-102 Revolving Grenade Launcher holds 8 rounds, while the Rifle Cannon's magazine holds 20 rounds.
-Hyakuren can store spare magazine for its rifle in its side armor.
-Although the Valkyrja frame only had 1 ahab reactor, its potential is comparable to the Gundam Frame.
-Kutan Type III’s machine gun is listed as Vulcan, and alternatively as Vulcan Gun.
-The cockpit of the Kutan Type III has three seats, but it can be piloted by a single person.
-Spinner Rodi has additional, movable sensor on the forehead. The boost hammer it uses has in-built thrusters.

Lastly about the Ahab thrusters mentioned by SonicSP on the first page of this thread, the middle row of concept arts in this picture posted by Balofo sometime ago noted that the yellow parts on the Graze's chest are the Ahab Thrusters.
SonicSP

Thanks for the info, lot of nice small tidbits.

Seems strange to put a low powered apogee thruster in the middle of a chest though, even if it's likely due to it being close/part of the reactor itself. I always assumed they would be in various parts of the body or something.
Omega

Info on the chest weapon in the Kimaris Trooper courtesy of the IBO Mechanical Works book

Now what I would like to know is does this work by using charged up Ahab Waves to destroy an opponent's brain?
Kuruni

Possibly, then they realize that they're fighting unmanned MA. And the incident was record and viral as Epic Fail (Try Not to Laugh at This).
Kuruni

Interesting. Pluma's cannon is a railgun.
E08

Found some images of the recently released Mechanic Works book on the Gundam Wiki (uploaded by the contributor, Jesualdo). Interesting lineart and info in each image is noted below their link.

Barbatos (1)

Details of the Barbatos’ smoothbore cannon’s magazine and ammo. Oddly, the co-axial machine gun of the smoothbore cannon is noted here as having a caliber of 30mm instead of 60mm as per previous sources.

Barbatos (2)

The barrel of the 170mm autocannon extends when in use (I previously wrong noted that the weapon slide forward when in use), and the weapon uses a helical magazine. Details of the arm mortar reloading sequence: Once the first round is launched, the second round slides up. The mortar launcher then flips back and the second round is loaded.

The Schwalbe Graze’s hip boosters are described here as high mobility boosters, rather than flight unit as noted in the Mechanics &World book.

The hip boosters of the Barbatos 6th form is noted here as ‘Tail Booster’.

Barbatos Lupus (1)

The suit is explicitly noted as being for close combat to suit Mikazuki's usage. Details of the backpack’s Sub Arms, the 200mm cannon and the rocket launcher. The 200mm cannon and rocket launcher confirmed to use the same rail slide as their base.

Barbatos Lupus (2)

Twin maces are easier to wield than the usual mace. The Sword Mace’s shape and weight is reviewed to ensure they do not hamper the suit’s mobility (previous sources only noted the shape). Although shaped like a sword, it is a striking weapon rather than a slicing one.

When the Barbatos was overhauled into the Lupus, changes were also made to its frame. A major point was to lengthen the arms’ frame to better fit Mikazuki’s senses. Changes to the leg frame helps it to adapt seamlessly to ground combat.

Barbatos Lupus Rex

Detail of the Ultra Large Mace’s two pilebunkers. The Ultra Large Mace was created to fit Mikazuki’s combat style. The tip of the tail blade is made from rare metal. Lupus Rex’s cockpit hatch was changed to a front opening style from its predecessors' top opening design to accommodate Mikazuki’s disabilities.

The unused revised design with Reginlaze’s left shoulder armor and barbatos 1st form’s left forearm is originally meant to be the suit’s final battle form.

Gusion Rebake

The cockpit’s surrounding structure is the similar/same as that of the Barbatos.

Gusion Rebake Full City

The Sub Arms are equipped with small shield at the back, and they can be used as Knuckle Guard (If I recall correctly, they are used that way during the fight with Galan Mossa). The small shield also cover the sub-arm when they are stored.

Details of the main arm’s knuckle guard and rocket gun. The knuckle guards are connected to the wrists via the ring part (the blue highlight). When in use, the knuckle guards rotate and attaches onto the back of the hand. To use the rocket gun, the knuckle guard must be fitted onto the back of the hand. The barrel of the gun extends when in use. Gas are vented from the back of the gun when firing the rocket.

Gusion

Gundam Gusion noted to have high output thrusters to cover for its increased weight caused by the super heavy armor.

The Gusion Chopper has a slot in between the two rear thrusters for mounting on the Gusion’s rear skirt weapon rack.

Kimaris

The outer cockpit hatch assembly is the same as the Barbatos, but the inner hatch and seat share parts with the Graze.

Kimaris Trooper

Kimaris Saber described as being used for extreme range close combat.

The profile claims the suit is lightened (or did I read it wrongly?). Question is it is lightened in comparison to what? Its weight spec is consistently listed as being higher than the kimaris.

It is worth noting that in this profile, the Kimaris Trooper’s chest-mounted equipment is still listed as multi-slot accelerator and has similar description as the 1/100 kit, ie, still unknown what it really does. The image of this equipment in an earlier post describing it as an Ahab Wave amplifying, brain destroying weapon is from the draft/concept pages of the book . So perhaps that function is an early concept that was dropped? Unrelated note, I do prefer the draft Kimaris Trooper’s feet better than the final version.

Vidar (1)

The explosive inside the blade of the burst saber is listed as Napalm. Apparently, after the blade is detached, parts of the blade’s rear end pop out and a lamp is lighted to indicate its status as an explosive.

The Hunter’s Edge is once again noted as being incapable of slicing, but there is a further explanation that it is classified as a blunt weapon-like armament (This makes more sense I think…). The Hunter’s Edge shows its true value when deployed in combination with foot techniques.

Vidar (2)

Caliber for the rifle, and the handgun is noted to be a compact, easy to wield weapon. Concentrated fire when dual wielding the handguns help to compensate/supplement (?) the suit’s firepower.

Kimaris Vidar (1)

The shields contains built-in thrusters. During high-speed movements, the shields are positioned at the back, concentrating their (thrust) output. Each shield also stores 4 Special KEP bullet, for a total of 8. Each bullet is 8.5m long.

When using the Dainsleif, the shield extends and attaches to the Drill lance, loading the latter with the bullet. The bullet is launched using the power from the shield-mounted power unit. The slits in the exposed portion of the shield lights up during the firing as it is the electrical discharge unit of the power unit.

Kimaris Vidar (2)

The caliber of the two cannons (not the Dainsleifs) in the Drill Lance is listed as 200mm. The holes behind the two 200mm cannons are thrusters, which enhanced the power of the lance’s thrust.

The Kimaris Vidar combat style is to use its lance in high speed, hit and run attack, but when it is caught in a close combat situation, it would switch to the Sword and Drill Knees.

The Drill Knee’s pile bunker is made of the same material as the Gundam Frame. The two ports on the sides of the knee are for venting the gas when the Drill Knee is used. Most mobile suits have their cockpit in the front of the chest due to their Ahab reactor being located in the suit’s central portion. The Drill Knee is designed specifically for pinpoint penetration of the cockpit while kneeling the enemy (or something like that).

Flauros (1)

The Assault Knives’ short size made them suitable for use in extreme close range. The weapon is more focused on speed rather than power. Can be dual wielded. The knives and 120mm machine guns have a round block that pops out for mounting on the suit.

The Shelling Mode displays its true value in ground combat, with the claw on the forearm-mounted shield helping to anchor/fix the machine to the ground.

Flauros (2)

Flauros’ cockpit has two hatches, one on the top, one on the front. The top hatch is used during Shelling Mode, matching the rotated orientation of the cockpit. When discovered, the suit has no cockpit. Thus, it is fitted with a cockpit from Teiwaz’s MS series.

The normal warhead (for the railguns?) consisted of three parts. After hitting the target, sub thrusters surrounding the warhead’s main nozzle are activated.

The Dainsleif is manufactured via (further?) processing the rare materials that Teiwaz used in their mobile suit.

As the railguns are in an inoperable state when the Gundam was discovered, replacements are produced during the restoration process.

Confirmation of Shino’s MW as the first generation Ryusei-Go.
zerg171

hey E08 do you have a larger version of this https://scontent-sin6-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=599FAED9 i'd like to see more of the gram rodie boost hammer.