Aqua GP01?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
False Prophet

Aqua GP01?

link removed. Please do not link to manga aggregators and scanlation sites.

~ShadowCell

...Since when did we have an Aqua GP01?

There is only one implication I can think for this: If everything had gone smoothly and there were no Operation Stardust, the Federation would had replaced their whole arsenal of GM and Gundam with something that would be able to be configurated for different combat situation - a.k.a modularity.

... It's not actually that far off, if you think about the GP-03 and the 04. Both have parts that can be jetissoned.

On the other hand, if we take into consideration everything that has been said in the MSV-R manga, the Federation has been basically trying to down-scale its army ever since OYW, logistic-wise.

On a side note, we see that Alice Miller continued her post after OYW. And Ken Bederstadt became a worker of Colony Reclaimation Project (no doubt that will become one of the Colony Laser) But does anyone recognize that Taniya? I don't, but she seems familiar. And why does Kou of the manga looks like a much more personal-driven person than in the OVA?

Finally, can we say that ever since the early 2000s when Gundam the Origin comes out, Sunrise/Bandai/Whoever running the show is trying to "re-invented" the U.C world?
Dark Duel

Re: Aqua GP01?

It's something that was made up specifically for this manga. IIRC there was also some kind of heavy-armor variant of the GP01 that appeared in the manga, which had NT1-style Chobham Armor mounted onto it.
I've never actually read the manga, but I will probably check it out when I have time.
As for "reinventing" existing stories, technically speaking the first instance of that was the 0079/Mobile Suit Gundam compilation movies, which changed some stuff from the original TV series. But yeah, it does appear that, since the success of The Origin, there've been other works - Unicorn BD(if that counts), that Zeta manga, this 0083 one - that re-told the old stories with some changes.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
False Prophet

Dark Duel wrote:It's something that was made up specifically for this manga. IIRC there was also some kind of heavy-armor variant of the GP01 that appeared in the manga, which had NT1-style Chobham Armor mounted onto it.
I've never actually read the manga, but I will probably check it out when I have time.
As for "reinventing" existing stories, technically speaking the first instance of that was the 0079/Mobile Suit Gundam compilation movies, which changed some stuff from the original TV series. But yeah, it does appear that, since the success of The Origin, there've been other works - Unicorn BD(if that counts), that Zeta manga, this 0083 one - that re-told the old stories with some changes.
Talking about re-inventing, one of the disruption lately between the manga and the anime is between the Origin 0081 Amuro side story and Zeta. Basically, in 0081 Amuro reunited with Kobayashi, Fraw and the orphans in a trip to Hayato's fatherland. Then, he expressed his desire to return to Side 7 and help with the recovery. But we all know that in the anime, Amuro has been suffering from war trauma and space-phobia ever since the OYW ended.

And not to mention Ark Performance's mangas like MSV-R, Plan to Assassinate Ghiren, etc. Or Last War Chronicle, Space, To the end of a Flash, etc. have root in the games. These mangas have connections with each other, with characters and events intercrossed with each other.

Maybe it's time to seperate the anime and the manga, like between "Canon" Star War and "Legend" Star War?
knighief

Last edited by knighief on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChaoticSheep1

When Gato saw the silhouette of the FA-GPO-1 rising out of the flames he looked like he crapped himself.
knighief

Last edited by knighief on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
JEFFPIATT

actually that fits with what the planned concept for the GP01 before it was trashed the gundam was actually aimed to be convertable between space and earth combat modes by swapping out the core fighter and installing an os update to add the correct AMBAC profile to the suit. So an aquatic equipment set isn't far off the mark since the GP01 was basically an modernized RX-78 frame aimed to test an more Modular design for EF ms allowing future GM units an faster conversion time in the field. the GP02-04 were Dedicated test models built from the rx-78-2 body with very specialized mission roles the GP02 was heavy armament emulateing the DOM series wih the A config being tested when it was captured setup to deliver an atomic bomb. the GP03 was testing useing MA units as base defence and high speed interceptor units merging the G-armor docking config with zeon MA tech the 03 also used the NT01 tech for the docked ms. the aborted GP04 was aimed to test hi-mobility ms on an RX-78 frame but was cancled after the 01 was rebuilt as the GP01FB causing an overlap in test data. it would be later finished as the AGX-04 with only the legs and internal structure finished the AE staff built an more zeonic style ms on the frame.
MythSearcher

False Prophet wrote:
Maybe it's time to seperate the anime and the manga, like between "Canon" Star War and "Legend" Star War?
Plan to Assassinate Ghiren is a OYW ended 10 years anniversary movie anyway. :P

And actually, it's written settings are canon, anything not contradicting those are canon, anything not mentioned in settings has their canonness in the order of anime > manga = novel > games(usually have a lot of if situations)

That's is why we have the ultimate setting book called Gundam Officials.

The problem are the TV, OVA and movies contradictions by themselves, but usually the later version supercedes the earlier ones, with the exception of Zeta movies ending is non-canon.(Kamille didn't recover until the end of ZZ)

Putting settings before everything is because they are used to confirm which of the contradictions are canon.

All that said, actually I don't think the company really cares about what's canon and what's not.
Everything can just happen in different timelines.
knighief