The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

The IPP-66305 Hugo looks like something out of Virtua On
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
E08

Manual time for Gusion Rebake Full City: 1, 2.

Not much to add to the english translation, except that the Calamity War era data is acquired recently. There is a big mistake in the Akihiro's bio where they say he previously belonged to Brewers. Nothing of that sort is in the japanese text, it only says that Akihiro proposed to the ex-Brewers boys who had no family name to take on his.

Reginlaze next week.
Outlaw

As weird as the Hugo looks, the SFX they chose for the eye flash was pretty cool. Very intimidating.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
nacho-wan

So no comments yet for the corpse at the mining site? Sure looks like the unnamed mobile armor announced recently but I think that an MA is too big for the boys of Tekkadan to rebuilt and besides, those are mostly used by the bad guys to harass the hero.

Bed that the Godfather guy is letting turning the mine to Orga
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
SonicSP

nacho-wan wrote:So no comments yet for the corpse at the mining site? Sure looks like the unnamed mobile armor announced recently but I think that an MA is too big for the boys of Tekkadan to rebuilt and besides, those are mostly used by the bad guys to harass the hero.

Yeah but they have Teiwaz support, which is the only other non-Gjallajorn faction out there that possess the ability to manufacture mobile suits - and have the ability to restore Gundam Frames to almost 100% original performance.

So I think they got the restoration part covered.
Gone Astray

nacho-wan wrote:So no comments yet for the corpse at the mining site? Sure looks like the unnamed mobile armor announced recently but I think that an MA is too big for the boys of Tekkadan to rebuilt and besides, those are mostly used by the bad guys to harass the hero.

It actually more resembles what we've seen of the Gundam Flauros, having a similar backpack structure and shoulders. Plus with the framing of those shots, my guess is Shino's finally going to get a Gundam to shine in.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
YokozunaBulldozer

Aside from the gundam I am curious what the other big thing is. Perhaps a ship? Or a support unit?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SonicSP

Probably that Silhoutte MA thing we saw flying around the Internet for a few weeks.
Dark Duel

I like it. Very nice color scheme - not really what I was expecting, but a good color scheme. It does really remind me of a color-swapped version of Kimaris's white/purple colors, which given who the pilot is, IMO makes sense. At the same time though, even that was a minor palette swap of the usual Gundam color scheme, but this IMO works really well.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

Vidar looks so awesome in blue. Blue, it really is the new Red. But will it be faster... that is the question. Seriously, though, we had better get some action from this thing. And now that the Tekkies are firmly in Chocolate-san's paws, there's guarantee for Mika and Vida-Vida to cross weapons.

That said, I'll probably be rooting for the Vidar, that thing is worlds above the Barbatos Lupus' design, in my little book.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Arsarcana

Something about the way the leg armor has the blue bits in the front while the bulk of it is gray just looks funny to me. Or maybe it's the obvious gap in the lower leg where whoever put the model together forgot to completely snap the pieces together. xD

But the upper body coloring and the contrast with the thrusters/storage racks at the hips definitely works for me.
MayflyOfSpace

So, I didn't notice it until seeing the model in color, but it looks like the Vidar has hidden blades in its feet. If that's the case, that's pretty rad.
YokozunaBulldozer

Considering Gaelio's voice actor wore blue on his gig at a Super Sentai show it's about time he gets a new blue suit. :D
I am so getting that kit.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dark Duel

MayflyOfSpace wrote:So, I didn't notice it until seeing the model in color, but it looks like the Vidar has hidden blades in its feet. If that's the case, that's pretty rad.
Now if it had one hidden blade in each foot and two hidden blades on each forearm, that'd be truly awesome.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
NBMech

I like the Vidars handguns
E08

Reginlaze model manual: 1, 2

Note: in the 'Frame' section, when they say 'more simplified structure with limited parts', that seems to be in comparison to the Calamity War era MS if i did not read the japanese text wrongly...
E08

Rough translation of the profiles for the three MS in the latest episode from the japanese official site. English site should have the profiles up later.

-Hloekk Graze: A cheap model developed by Gjallarhorn for civilian use. Smaller than the standard MS for easier operability. Requires little skill to pilot.
Extra: It is designed by kanetake ebikawa. Info from his twitter: The suit is a monkey model of the Graze series. Part of its frame is simplified. 15m tall.

-Gilda:Uses Hexa Frame (not a surprise, its model no. and head visor give it away…). Variation of its armament and mobility allows the machine to play an active role in close-mid range combat.
Extra:Designed by ippei gyoubu. Info from his twitter:The weapon in the shield is known as 'Pile Crow' ( パイルクロウ, typo?)

-Scharfrichter:Full name is Geirail Scharfrichter. A heavy armor, heavy equipment sister/sibling machine of the Geirail. Have a variety of armament, and show its true value in melee(?) combat
Arsarcana

E08 wrote:The weapon in the shield is known as 'Pile Crow' ( パイルクロウ, typo?)
Probably not on the part of the Japanese, that can also be romanized as 'Claw'.
E08

I see, didn't know that. I'm used to seeing クロー for claw.