The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Wingnut

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Most AV users have this headgear that covers the ears anyway, so it would also mess with the comm system to have their ears bleeding and show the drips out from the headset.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

I'm thinking that we see both eyes and nose bleed, it could be a sensory overload from using the AV system. I am curious why we haven't seen the ears bleed yet though...

I've seen some pics online that are probably fanart of the Gundam Barbatos mouth "opening", I think that might actually be true in the next ep.

If a Gundam's normally green eyes/camera suddenly glow red... its NOT a good thing... Harute being the exception though in the 00 movie... Although I'm getting visions of EXAM system berserk mode here...

But that hammer chopper throw from Chad's Landman Rodi was pretty damn cool to see. The fact there is a booster attached to a MELEE weapon when being thrown or possibly in handheld combat is still pretty rare to see in mecha anime. The only other time I've seen boosters on a melee weapon was Todoh's Knightmare frame in Code Geass as well as the Grungust Type 0's Zankantou from SRW OG for extra smashing/slashing power.
Arsarcana

It's even been done in Gundam before, albeit with beam weapons: Deathscythe Hell's twin scythe in the TV series had a thruster on the reverse side to improve its swing speed, though given that beam weapons sliced through most things like tissue paper it was almost as redundant as the second blade.
Dark Duel

Heck, it's been done before even in IBO - the Landman Rodi's weapon is the same as the space-use Man Rodi's, and Gusion's ginormous hammer IIRC had thrusters on it too.
But yeah, Chad's use of it in this latest episode had to be the single coolest such instance we've seen at least in Gundam.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji_Shinigami

I honestly thought this episode had everything that need be. Simple MS showoffs, Idiots, Gundam entrance scenes, artillery fire and ...MS theft? XD as well as one bad ass death flag as there is....

still wonder if the flauros can fire its cannons in MS mode as well.... or if it has to rely on the MA or transformable mode....
Arsarcana

We know the short railcannons are designed for firing on the move since their description in the Option Set tells us so. The description of the standard cannons says the transformation allows Flauros to devote more of its reactor output to powering the things and provides extra stability when firing. The unstated implication is that they can still be fired in MS mode, just not as accurately or with as much power.
domino

Has it been established what makes a Gundam a "Gundam" in IBO? Is it just the frame or is also the AV system incorporated into it?

I'm wondering if the Vidar Gundam (and Kimaris) has a AV system like Barbatos and Gusion?
yazi88

A Gundam is defined by its inner frame and 2 AHAB reactors which all 72 had. The AV system helps bring out the full potential of it, but it is not necessary for a Gundam to have it.

The Gusion (Brewers) and Kimaris did not have the AV system. Vidar Gundam's model kit said it has a unique system but is not the AV system.
Amion

But it might be assumed the AVs were removed from the Kimaris and Gusion. The AV is clearly part of Barbatos' original OS.
Last edited by Amion on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
yazi88

Possibly, or it could be a black box or data from its time during the Calamity war from which it must've had a AV system with its original pilot. Its a very interesting subplot going on with the Gundams and how they are reacting to the Mobile Armor.

Although it does seem highly possible that the Kimaris had its AV removed over the many years under Gaileo's family possession. Same with the Gusion when the Brewers had it. Or just wrecked after the war.
Dark Duel

Dialog has more or less stated that originally, all seventy-two Gundams had AV Systems. However, it is not necessary for a Gundam to have an AV System to be considered a Gundam - When introduced, neither Kimaris nor Gusion had AV Systems, though I believe Rebake has had one installed. It is unknown at this time AFAIK whether Flauros has it as well - or at least I didn't notice it.
As was mentioned above, what makes a Gundam a Gundam in the PD-verse is its internal frame and attendant paired Ahab Reactors. Period - note that AFAIK most of the time, when referring to the Gundams, they refer to them not just as "Gundam", but as "Gundam Frame".

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SonicSP

We already confirmed that all 72 Gundams originally had Alayashiki back in Season 1 in one of McGillis' exposition dialogue about Gjallahorn. It was in the scene where he was talking about Gaelio about the why they had to mechanize Ein.

==========
"300 years ago, people were exhausted from the long lasted Calamity War, and humanity faced extinction. For humanity to live on, someone had to end the war. With an absolute strength that broke the balance of power. With a strength that was beyond human.

People with the same vision gathered, and an organization beyond countries and economic blocs were formed. They invented a system, maximizing the maneuverability of mobile suits, man's greatest military power.

In other words, they invented the Alaya-Vijnana System. And they created 72 mobile suits that would display its full potential."

"Gundam Frames" (Gaelio)

"If you trace them back, it all stems from that point. The saviors who gave up being human and saved humanity. They later became an organization called Gjallahorn. The Alaya-Vijnana that once saved humanity, is now hated as being a relic of the war."
================

The part about Alayashiki now being hated would explain why it was removed from Kimaris later.

On a sidenote, McGillis wasn't kidding when he said they saved humanity. He meant it literally. Looking back at this with the info we know of recent episodes, it's extremely accurate description I guess. Even the way he was talking about it describe it as humans versus something else.
yazi88

The Flauros does have a AV system, as Orga mentioned that Shino can fire the cannons from a long distance so the safety system for the AV can't knock him out or hinder him as it did with Gusion Full City when Akihiro got close enough.
Deathzealot

And Shino wasn't wearing a shirt if I recall.
E08

Scans from 1/100 Vidar: 1, 2, 3. Not much that we didn't know already.

From the japanese wiki, and based on Kanetake Ebikawa's twitter, the 'Reincar' of Helmwige Reincar is a short form for 'reincarnation'. A nod to it being a modified Grimgerde. Also from the same sources, the camouflage/disguise used to make Galan's Geirail unidentifiable is in terms of its internal parts and Ahab wave frequency. Its appearance is the same as normal Geirail.
Dark Duel

So does that mean it IS possible to mask a mobile suit's Ahab Wave Frequency without necessarily strapping a third reactor to its back? Huh.
If that's the case, then there has to be another reason why that was done with Vidar. The performance boost, perhaps?
yazi88 wrote:The Flauros does have a AV system, as Orga mentioned that Shino can fire the cannons from a long distance so the safety system for the AV can't knock him out or hinder him as it did with Gusion Full City when Akihiro got close enough.
Huh. Must've slipped my mind. Thanks for clearing that up.

SonicSP

The manual mentions the third reactor while sounding secretive about its purpose. That sounds like it's there for another reason than just a simple performance boost, which would be the obvious outcome when you attach an extra reactor.

For what it's worth, Vidar has a new mysterious control system is neither Alayashiki or used by other Gjallahorn units, so it may be related to that somehow.

Unless of course Ein-Bot's AI data is stored somewhere on it and Vidar's backpack can eject and becomes its own full functioning mobile weapon and this finally completing the Vidar-Ein tag dream team lol. :D
Brave Fencer Kirby

As I recall, no one possesses the technological know-how to synchronize even a double reactor setup anymore, which is why they can't produce any new Gundam frames -- I'm extremely skeptical of their ability to throw a third reactor into an existing dual-reactor setup and actually have it function properly. I'd be very surprised if the third reactor did anything besides throw off the ahab wave signature.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
domino

With McGillis preparing to unveil his own Gundam, I wouldn't be surprised if he also had the AV surgery as a young boy considering how much he worships/researched the Calamity War and legends of the Gundam pilots and viewed them as inspiration for a better world

Did anyone notice that Mika was able to shoot at the Plumas without directly looking at them? It seems that when he does a full-sync with Barbatos that he gains spatial awareness or some such. It may be similar to how Eins was taking down targets at the end of S1 and how Vidar took down those projectiles coming at him from all sides
yazi88

There is no way McGillis had AV surgery... no one on Earth does... its a black market thing outside of Earth... If he did other people would've known... there is no way for him to hid it if he had it done to him.

The spatial awareness thing is a product of the AV system, or rather... increased awareness, plus... its on the radar too or he just predicted where it would be.