The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

Fake, delete this
Last edited by balofo on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyuseiDateSRX

Mate, show me how it's fake and then I will.

Oh god dammit, the art of that guy is edited from Eugene's art. Damn. We get a cool looking Gundam design and it's most likely fake. I'm keeping that post though.
kibasy

the colourway is similar to crossbone gundam x2
balofo

Someone finally posted info from IBO M&W in jp wiki:
-Kimaris has 4 flashbang launchers in its head, when fired a shutter protects the head sensors
-Trooper has 6 mine launchers on the rear skirt sides
-Lengths for space bases and colonies
-H&W and model numbers(MW only) for Spinner, Rouei, Orga's Tekkadan MW, New Tekkadan MW
-Spinner's Rifle has an underslung grenade launcher. Its head can also equip a blade antenna as a commander machine. I believe I had already mentioned that its legs also have 4x Anchor Pods.
-Graze line Bazooka specs: GR-W02 320mm Bazooka
-Schwalbe's Lance Unit specs: GR-Hs01 16.5m
-Rouei's legs had hover function added
-Man Rodi has arm built-in Wire Hooks
-Orga's MW has additional sensors
-The Rear Fire Support GJ MW has 32 missile pods total
-Union MW main weapon is 40mm Autocannon but it can also equip either 40mm Grenade Launcher or a 12.7mm anti-personnel machine gun
-The Ahab Reactor developer was called Ahab Baleana

Ippei sure loves flashbangs in his designs, too bad they were never used onscreen
balofo

Gunpla news:
-1/100 Gundam Type B confirmed. December release? The HG also releases in December.
-Option Set 6+ new MW(GJ?) for Nov. too. Lots of weapons plus visors. http://103.11.228.88/discuz/attachments ... z0cmo3.jpg
-Tekkadan New Frame MS, Nov. release. http://103.11.228.88/discuz/attachments ... 5o5hmw.jpg
-New MS, Nov. release. http://103.11.228.88/discuz/attachments ... ghhee7.jpg

Option Set 5, Rebake upgrade, and new GJ MP MS release on 10/5

There's still one more HG for December along Option Set 7 and a 1/100, besides HG Gundam Types B and C.
Arsarcana

Is that an underslung blade with a tonfa extension on the back end in the option set? I think I'm going to have to grab a couple of those and make myself a dual-wielding set. And I wonder if someone is a baseball fan given the club, unless that's supposed to be a really big missile.
balofo

Arsarcana wrote:Is that an underslung blade with a tonfa extension on the back end in the option set? I think I'm going to have to grab a couple of those and make myself a dual-wielding set. And I wonder if someone is a baseball fan given the club, unless that's supposed to be a really big missile.
The blade tonfa addon seems to be able to attach to the rifle too. Looking again, those gatlings? are similar to the Lupus new arm guns so perhaps they are for either it or the Rebake upgrade(lacking firepower so far).
Arsarcana

For all we know of the new Rebake, they might very well be alternate equipment in place of the knuckle shields for ranged firepower. It's gotta have something other than the shields, certainly and the similarity to the Barbatos Lupus guns is hard to ignore.

And yeah, I noticed that the blade seems to attach to the rifle. Might even require it, it's hard to tell from our one shot whether the blade also attaches to the forearm or if it's entirely supported by the rifle.
Gundam0089

Arsarcana wrote:My thinking is that there's only a single hilt and the missile-looking things are stored blades that it pulls out as-needed. Either the blade is fragile or it's some sort of limited-use weapon and needs backups for long battles, or both. Say, a heat sword that can only operate for so long before its deformed by use.

One other possibility I can think of but I admit it's weak. Assuming that the 'no beam weapons' thing only applied to the first season, this could be an example of Calamity War beam saber technology and each of those sections on the hip racks represents a one-use charger for the blade. Seems unlikely but at least vaguely possible.
Looks like you ended up being right.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rAKMtzfjkUk/ ... 358754.jpg

Can't see any reason why the mobile suit would need multiples, unless the blades have an experimental ability, and this subject to fail once a limit is reached. Especially with how thin they are, looks like blades made for piercing, and not extended dueling. Also, given that this Gundam has giant boosters on its legs, and back, I'm guessing it's designed for hit and run strikes.
MayflyOfSpace

I'm guessing it's designed for hit and run strikes.
I'm guess that the blades are designed to detach while the MS is boosting away from the enemy, which says to be that perhaps these blades are explosive or they have some other "experimental" ability.

Also, considering that this Gundam is getting a 1/100 right after the Barbatos Lupus, I imagine it's going to have a pretty prominent role in the second season.
kabukigang777

Gaelio Bauduin still alive having an AV-system?using this fencing ippei design gundam?
Kuruni

When did Gaelio does fencing?

Jousting and fencing are totally different skills.
My girlfriend was a loli.
kabukigang777

Kuruni wrote:When did Gaelio does fencing?

Jousting and fencing are totally different skills.
see the fencing blade disposable?suited for piercing attack that gaelio likes?
Kuruni

So you think they're the same simply because they're both piecing weapons? Seriously, how many melee piecing weapons are there?

Gaelio's favor style is charging attack, fencing sword is not good with this maneuver. And he favor lance since Schwalbe Graze, not just pick a random piecing weapon.

In fact, the style McGillis used when he kill Gaelio is closer to fencing, with feinting and dodging then precisely stab at vital spot.
My girlfriend was a loli.
kabukigang777

Kuruni wrote:So you think they're the same simply because they're both piecing weapons? Seriously, how many melee piercing weapons are there?

Gaelio's favor style is charging attack, fencing sword is not good with this maneuver. And he favor lance since Schwalbe Graze, not just pick a random piecing weapon.

In fact, the style McGillis used when he kill Gaelio is closer to fencing, with feinting and dodging then precisely stab at vital spot.
if it's not suitable in charge piercing attack why it's disposable?just my opinion,but to me gaelio maybe still alive who will be the other antagonist?i don't know if mcgillis will be the main antagonist because he acts like the secret friend of protagonist?
Arsarcana

Maybe the blades can break easily, maybe they're some kind of limited use heat/electrical blade or maybe they have an explosive function and you're meant to leave them in the target? Either way, just because the use of a jousting lance and a rapier both boil down to 'stick them with the pointy end' does not mean that someone skilled in using one weapon will be able to use the other with equal skill. And if you couldn't figure out that McGillis is bad news from the end of the first season when he goes on a backstabbing rampage, I can only assume you weren't paying attention.
kabukigang777

Arsarcana wrote:Maybe the blades can break easily, maybe they're some kind of limited use heat/electrical blade or maybe they have an explosive function and you're meant to leave them in the target? Either way, just because the use of a jousting lance and a rapier both boil down to 'stick them with the pointy end' does not mean that someone skilled in using one weapon will be able to use the other with equal skill. And if you couldn't figure out that McGillis is bad news from the end of the first season when he goes on a backstabbing rampage, I can only assume you weren't paying attention.
my apologies
X_zoro

kabukigang777 wrote:Gaelio Bauduin still alive having an AV-system?using this fencing ippei design gundam?
I don't think its Gaelio, in fact this mcgillis's Gundam given this would be his fighting style.
E08

Oops. Forgot there is an IBO MSV thread. Have moved information for Astaroth Origin there
E08

Below are some rough information for the new S2 MS. Since I'm bad at name romanizations, i will used those posted at Anime news network

-Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City: Like Barbatos, the Gundam Gusion Rebake has accumulated lots of damages and was upgraded/modified by Teiwaz into a new form. Has head-mounted high sensitivity camera for long range precision shooting, and a face open (form) for close combat. Close combat specialized weapons among its new armaments. Own observations and notes: grip of some kind can be seen on the sides of the large rear skirt armor, new weapon hiding there? Also someone seems to be having fun with food-related theme name here. Put Full City or its japanese name (フルシティ) into Google and you got… coffee related results.

-Shishiden: Versatile MP MS based on Hyakuri and Hyakuren. Achieved a good balance in terms of mobility, combat ability and equipment variety. Cheap, priority deployment with Tekkadan.

-Yugo: Uses Hex (or is it Hexa) Frame (?, ヘキサ・フレーム), but with reverse leg orientation. Designed for capture and raiding in the Debris Sea (?, デブリ海域). Uses Wire Claw and Leg Claw to capture (its target), and then striking with its physical weapons.

-Garm Rodi: Rodi Frame MS, has heavy armor. Using the frame's versatility, it has achieved a fine balance of mobility and defensive ability. Own observations: Has the Spinner Rodi's Boost Hammer at the rear waist. Boost Hammer seem to have two thrusters.

-Leginraze (Julietta): Graze's Successor. Selected pilots of the Arianrhod Fleet were given early roll out units of the Leginraze. Excels at dual wielding the 'Twin Pile', its custom armament, for continuous attack.

-Leginraze (Ioch):A commander version of the Leginraze. Like the Leginraze (Julietta), it is one of the early roll out units given to the Arianrhod Fleet. Customized as a support type focusing on long ranged shooting. Its weapons are proposed by Ioch's subordinates and maintenance officers.

-Geirail:A MS that predates the Graze. After the appearance of the highly versatile Graze, the Geirai is only used by local Gjallarhorn organizations and mercenaries.

-Graze Ritter (McGillis): McGillis is now the Commander of Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet. The Graze Ritter's characteristic has undergone a full revision. In particular, its combat data on earth has been given a relook and its mobility under Earth's gravity is now maximised.

-Schwalbe Graze (Ishinari): McGillis' Schwalbe Graze has been handed down to his subordinate.