The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arsarcana

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk

balofo wrote:Another new Gundam Frame using a rifle, saber on right waist and something on the left: http://i.imgur.com/79mOCsU.jpg
Aside from the equipment mounted to the waist, something that stood out for me is just how far above the joint the shoulder armor extends. Gives it something of a misshapen look given how prominent the gap between the torso and the start of the armor is. The inner side of the shoulders is shaped in a way that suggests a gimmick is going to be revealed where they fold up or something.
balofo

Release schedule for IBO 2nd Season gunpla: http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/72bd5945gw1 ... 0f9gpc.jpg

October: Barbatos Lupus, New Gusion, New MP Graze, Enemy MS A(uses a new Frame, so expect more variations from it), Option Set 5
November: 2 MS (most likely Tekkadan MS and that other new Graze), 1/100 Lupus, Option Set 6
December: Gundam Type B and C, another MS, Option Set 7 and a 1/100
January: 2 MS
February: 3 MS, Option Set 8 and a 1/100
March: 2 MS, Option Set 9 and a 1/100

That gives us at least 16 new MS if there are no recolor/commander/form versions. There should be some new MW too.
zetatype

Here's a closer look at the new Barbatos Lupus. Gusion, Graze and Unknown Enemy MS
http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07 ... ns_11.html

It seems like the Barbatos' new weapon is a club and not a sword like I originally thought. It's okay, but personally I would have preferred a giant two handed sword especially after seeing what the gundam Astaroth got. Though it looks like the 1st option set will come with a sword so maybe the Barbatos will use that as well.

Overall I'm loving the new Barbatos desgin. Its beefier than forms 1-4, but not as blocky as forms 5 and 6. It also looks like they reduced the height of the high heels which is a huge plus for me. The color scheme is also pretty good. Its not a huge departure from S1 but enough to make it stand out especially the red on the pauldrons

For so some reason they don't show any weapons for the Gusion. Makes me wonder if it has some hidden underneath all that armor.
Gundam0089

A shame the Barbatos Lupus doesn't have it's own rifle. I'm a fan of the rifle/shield combo for Gundams and other MS. I am eager to see the new form with the under arm cannons.
Arsarcana

zetatype wrote:For so some reason they don't show any weapons for the Gusion. Makes me wonder if it has some hidden underneath all that armor.
To me that rear skirt armor/shield just screams additional sub-arms or some kind of gigantic pincer weapon a la Kyrios.
zetatype

Gundam0089 wrote:A shame the Barbatos Lupus doesn't have it's own rifle. I'm a fan of the rifle/shield combo for Gundams and other MS. I am eager to see the new form with the under arm cannons.
It looks like there's some kind of rifle or cannon in the first option set coming out so maybe the Barbatos Lupus will be using it. The first HG Barbatos didn't come with its cannon so maybe they're doing the same thing with the Barbatos Lupus.
Gundam0089

I'd wager it's machine gun given the size the size of the magazine. Really, the gun itself looks pretty small.
MayflyOfSpace

I think that G-Reco looking orange and blue MS is some sort of modified Rodi Frame. The waist and parts of the wast armor are a dead match for other Rodis so far.
Shinji_Shinigami

Whats interessting about the Barbatos Lupus is, that the "high heels" seem to be adjustable. At least the lineart from him, gives the impression. That would be an improvment, so he can adjust the legs for every surface, without having to be in maintanance first. Looks like they can "fold back" to a classy gundam leg. Also i like the new inclusion of thrusters on the back. gives him more mobility and they look more integretated then the added boosters late of season 1.

I too wonder about his long range capacity. Still the new "sword" gives me Berserk vibes. I like the choice of design, because it looks far more epic then just a blunt metal bar ^^
E08

zetatype wrote:Here's a closer look at the new Barbatos Lupus. Gusion, Graze and Unknown Enemy MS
http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07 ... ns_11.html

It seems like the Barbatos' new weapon is a club and not a sword like I originally thought. It's okay, but personally I would have preferred a giant two handed sword especially after seeing what the gundam Astaroth got. Though it looks like the 1st option set will come with a sword so maybe the Barbatos will use that as well.
Actually, the new weapon is identified as a mace in the link you posted. Also the scan in the link confirmed that the pair of arm-mounted 200mm guns and small maces in the option set is barbatos lupus' weapons, and that the long rifle and buster sword belong to enemy MS. I think Balofo noted the same in an earlier post on the previous page.
balofo

Kit info:
-Lupus' main weapon is a Sword Mace
-Rebake upgrade comes with 1 Scissor Shield and 2 Knuckle Shields
-Enemy Faction MS A comes with 2 Wire Claws too
-Graze's successor comes with just 1 Rifle(correction from previous info), 2 Custom Sticks and 2 Gauntlets

These aren't the final names but can give us an idea
Deathzealot

I wonder which Faction the Enemy Faction MS A belongs too?
YokozunaBulldozer

balofo wrote:Kit info:
-Lupus' main weapon is a Sword Mace
-Rebake upgrade comes with 1 Scissor Shield and 2 Knuckle Shields
-Enemy Faction MS A comes with 2 Wire Claws too
-Graze's successor comes with just 1 Rifle(correction from previous info), 2 Custom Sticks and 2 Gauntlets

These aren't the final names but can give us an idea
Sword mace is the new Sword Tomahawk. Maybe. I guess we will find out soon.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
balofo

The Graze's Ground Booster Unit has the model number GR-E03. That leaves only the Bazooka, Lance Unit and Shield without known model numbers for 1st Season Graze upgrade/equipment.
Amion

The New Barbatos Lupus is glorious. I admit I was never that keen on the original Barbatos, regardless of its upgrades. The mace lance is what did it for me, and while that precious blunt instrument of death is now gone, this new incarnation of the Barbatos easily replaces it. If only it had its old weapon back and it would be perfect.

I must admit, that Berserk class mace/blunt sword is growing on me. It will surely be used to smash, and thus will garner more love as time goes on.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Gundam0089

Ya know, looking at the new Gundam again, the one with the hip missiles, I don't think it's armed with a saber. It looks more like a missile launch effect.
Arsarcana

I dunno about that, the rounded bit looks far too regular (and has notches that are definitely symmetrical) to be a launch effect, the cylinder has a groove all the way around the end that's the same sort of thing we usually see on beam saber hilts and the shape with the bit that projects out looks more like a saber than a missile, where you'd expect either a flat head with maybe some tapering or a rounded head rather than the sort of stepped effect seen here. Doesn't seem terribly aerodynamic for a missile. Also, I can't recall a launch effect or anything like one in gunpla (ignoring some Build Fighters kits) since... well the last I remember is the limited version of the MG Destiny where it had clear parts to simulate the firing of the palm cannons.

And since we're talking about it, might as well throw my hat in the ring and speculate on the names for fun. On the assumption that it is a sword the 'Gundam Type B' is carrying, there are a couple demons who are depicted with those. I'm going to predict Andras since it's already been used for a mecha in Suparobo and it's punchy-sounding. My second guess would be Camio (or Caim, whichever variant they pick). And since others here have suggested that if Leraje still exists it should be a sniper type since the namesake demon was depicted as an archer, I'm going to predict that 'Gundam Type C' is Leraje based on its dual cannons because eh, close enough.
Gundam0089

The thing that makes me speculate they're missiles is that circular hilt. If it's not a launch effect, then it must be a hilt guard or something. But if it's a hilt guard, how would it fit in the slots? Unless they're like collapsible or something.
Arsarcana

My thinking is that there's only a single hilt and the missile-looking things are stored blades that it pulls out as-needed. Either the blade is fragile or it's some sort of limited-use weapon and needs backups for long battles, or both. Say, a heat sword that can only operate for so long before its deformed by use.

One other possibility I can think of but I admit it's weak. Assuming that the 'no beam weapons' thing only applied to the first season, this could be an example of Calamity War beam saber technology and each of those sections on the hip racks represents a one-use charger for the blade. Seems unlikely but at least vaguely possible.
Gundam0089

Well given the PD era's love for all things melee weapons, those do seem like more logical conclusion. I just like offensive weaponry moreso than blades. Atleast the other Gundam has cannons.