The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Mecha Thread Mk I

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Mecha Thread Mk I

Official website: http://gundam-tb.net/mechanical/index.html

Animation Mechanical Design: Hajime Katoki, Morifumi Naka and Seiichi Nakatani.

I expect the ONAs to cover up to vol.03 end, so we should see these MS/Ships/Spacecraft besides the ones already revealed in the website:

1)EF:
RB-79 Ball(therea are also a missile pod and twin cannon variation in the manga)
RGC-80 GM Cannon
RX-77 Guncannon
Core Block(MS escape pod)
Salamis
Magellan
Columbus ''Beehive''

2)Zeon
MS-05 Zaku I
MS-06 Zaku II
MS-06R Psycho Zaku
MS-09R Rick Dom
MS-14A Gelgoog
Big Gun
Gattle
Papua ''Dried Fish''
Musai
Chibe

BTW there's no interesting info on the gunpla manuals that were already released. There's a MG FA Gundam incoming.
Last edited by balofo on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathzealot

Re: The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Mecha Thread Mk I

You know the one thing I am actually excited about is the Beehive being animated for that ship was quite awesome in manga format and it will even more awesome animated.
Chris
Administrator

What's so special about it? It's just two Columbuses bolted together.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Hyakushiki

Why rain on the guy's parade? If that is what the guy is looking forward to seeing in Thunderbolt, that's his business. The Thunderbolt manga does a good job taking mundane designs like the Columbus class and making them look visually interesting, and if that translates to animation then that is worth being excited for someone.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Chris
Administrator

Hyakushiki wrote:Why rain on the guy's parade? If that is what the guy is looking forward to seeing in Thunderbolt, that's his business. The Thunderbolt manga does a good job taking mundane designs like the Columbus class and making them look visually interesting, and if that translates to animation then that is worth being excited for someone.
Seriously? Asking why someone would be excited about a ship as old as 1979 is raining on someone's parade? If you post a comment on a public forum, someone's going to comment on it. I don't think anyone needs you to jump in unsolicited and defend them.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Erisie

balofo wrote:Animation Mechanical Design: Hajime Katoki
Between Bandai Hobby, The Origin, Glory of Losers and now this. the poor guy doesn't get a break, does he?

Also, can anyone explain this to me?
ShadowCell

a spirited The Force Awakens crossover?
Deathzealot

I just love real honest to god carriers and the Beehive is such a carrier.
balofo

Design changes I noticed:
-The GMs now dual carry beam spray guns, no sign of the double barreled beam rifle. The beam spray guns have been redesigned, no underside e-pac. It seems they dropped the sub-arm reloading e-pac gimmick altogether.
-The Rick Dom has less apogee motors/details
-The promo image shows the Psycho Zaku carrying a Zaku Bazooka with a different barrel.
-The FA Gundam now has cheek sensors

No Magellans in the EF fleet, only Salamis.
CloudFF7

balofo wrote:Design changes I noticed:
-The GMs now dual carry beam spray guns, no sign of the double barreled beam rifle. The beam spray guns have been redesigned, no underside e-pac. It seems they dropped the sub-arm reloading e-pac gimmick altogether.
I wonder if the the e-pac reloading feature was dropped because, that technology wasn't suppose to exist in the One Year War, wasn't it first used in 0083 with the GP series. So removing that feature was a way to keep the timeline correct.
Rawinder

I'm clearly out of the loop as I hadn't even heard of Thunderbolt before the anime announcement!

Anyone know what the deal with the FA-78 in this is? Is it meant to be a modern/updated version of the old MSV FA-78-1 Full Armor?
Dark Duel

I don't think so, because other than the model number and the fact they're both -78 variants, the two have nothing in common. I think it's really just yet another variant of the RX-78 running around the already excessively convoluted and over-crowded OYW.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

It is not an alternate UC! Why do people keep following this nonsense?! Oh wait, because they keep misinterpreting the interview with the creator. Well, news flash: the story works perfectly find with the UC timeline.
DragoMaster009

Rawinder wrote:I'm clearly out of the loop as I hadn't even heard of Thunderbolt before the anime announcement!

Anyone know what the deal with the FA-78 in this is? Is it meant to be a modern/updated version of the old MSV FA-78-1 Full Armor?
It looks more like any exposed areas on the unit (like the joints) are covered up with some sort of rubber-like substance for better protection in the zone it's deployed in. Along with a new kind of backpack that features more thrusters overall with various addons for other suits, like additional shields for the FA Gundam.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:It is not an alternate UC! Why do people keep following this nonsense?! Oh wait, because they keep misinterpreting the interview with the creator. Well, news flash: the story works perfectly find with the UC timeline.
Has there been an official statement this fits the original UC timeline?

The manga author said he had total freedom to create the story
toysdream

I don't think Sunrise ever issues statements about the fiddly details of Gundam canon. All we have by way of guidance is the principle of "filmed works are official," which if it still applies, means that Thunderbolt is as legit as any of the other contradictory anime set in the One Year War era.

-- Mark
balofo

toysdream wrote:I don't think Sunrise ever issues statements about the fiddly details of Gundam canon. All we have by way of guidance is the principle of "filmed works are official," which if it still applies, means that Thunderbolt is as legit as any of the other contradictory anime set in the One Year War era.

-- Mark
I'm not questioning it being official, as you said every animated work is official, but if Thunderbolt fits the main UC timeline(every animated work minus the Z movies which can't happen together with the TV series)

The HG Thunderbolt gunplas weren't part of the HGUC line(same for Origin) but the Blue Destiny ones were HGUC.

I also agree they will never address this like they will never address the Sentinel story/characters stuff nor the Huckebein looking like Gundams and being removed from SRW OG series.
toysdream

Well, the First Gundam movies and TV series contradict each other too, but nobody's worried about that in the last 30 years; at least Thunderbolt doesn't directly contradict the other animation. (At this point, what's one more Gundam?)

If Sunrise were going to address anything about Gundam continuity, I'd prefer some sort of guidance about how we're supposed to regard the Origin anime and its associated mecha back story, but Sunrise has never made statements about this sort of thing and it probably never will.

-- Mark
balofo

So I can call Thunderbolt and Origin AU UC since there's no official statament :)