Lasers, focusing lenses, and design

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Lasers, focusing lenses, and design

Massignifico wrote:But where it does that? In unicorn they are just normal mpcs. And even then I said that Zock "wouldn't need'' a spread function not that it ''doesn't have'' it. We both don't know that and we can't assume looking at the other msms because they are inconsistent.
I went back to chekc the scene, and the Juagg indeed onyl fires 4 beams. However, considering that the beam guns themselves seem fixed to fire to the front, I think the bending of the beams as observed do might eb caused by i-fields on the circualr sectiosn around the beam gun barrels.
You used videogames ("unofficial" sources) as examples before so I refer the Phonon Maser as an "AA Gun" because it's just what it does in most videogames and in Federation Hooligans manga, where the Zock can defend itself from all directions without any spread beams.
First, I simply mentioned videogames because they were the simplest example, but certainly not the only source: the Gogg can be observed firing both spread beams and single beams in the original series:
-In the TV series, at Belfast it's using spread beams while attacking on land.
-In the movies it's instead shown attacking Sayla's Core Booster from the sea with single beams.

Second, phonon masers can be fired outside the water, just how mega particle guns can be fired underwater. This is better exemplified in Gundam Seed by the GoohNs that attack the Archangel. However, being able to use the weapon on a different situation that intended does not mean that the weapon is optimal for such role. The phonon maser on the Zock's head might be able to provide some AA protection, but by no means its intended to be its main role. Furthermore, any source not depciting the phonon maser firing directly upwards would pretty much indicate the use of an i-field to direct the beam in a different direction.
Who cares? In Gihren's Greed the normal Z'Gok just does so, I was reporting the inconsistencies in the various media, I perfectly know that the E type has E-Caps.
It's precisely in this cases where it matters the most! Cases where we have official info clearly indicating something different from what's seen on videogames. The other day we were discussing how the background of the MS-07A points towards it being simply a MS-07B with standard manipulators (without weapons), which is not what the MS-07A from Zeonic Front (essentially a YMS-07 and MS-07B hybrid as observed on different sections of its armor) indicated.
Twin Buster Rifle has the Twin part in the name and is actually two weapons joined together, completely different from the Zock's weapons
Most sources, including the defunct Gundam Official site, indicate that the Twin Buster Rifle is more than twice as powerful than the single barrel Buster Rifle of the Wing Gundam, which for starters means that it's not simply firing the two beams simultaneosly side by side. More importantly, there's a great emphasis on the need for the Twin Buster Rifle to be connected in order to use its maximum firepower. My guess is that in the twin mode it's actually compressing the two beams into a single one, which is far more dense.

I'll admit this is only speculation, but if we assume the Zock's weapons operate in a similar way, that could jsutify the need for multiple barrels per gun for firing individual beams: essentially each of these weapons would be compressing five beams into a single far more dense beam.
Then don't, wait for someone that can

Very closed minded aren't you? Not being able to translate the whole paragraph doesn't mean I haven't learned to identify several words, such as beam or heat, not to mention numbers which more foten than not aren't written with kanji. In many other cases I can simply cross-reference with soruces where I already know the term I'm looking for is used.

In this case I didn't even need to know the japanese kanji for energy cap, since -CAP was written with letters and even you can notice that.
MythSearcher

Re: Lasers, focusing lenses, and design

Gelgoog Jager wrote:

The WZ's TBR was said to have increased power because the two beams syncronized with each other and thus increased the damage capability, pretty much like the Twin GN driver description.

BTW, be cautious with Japanese, you are right this time, all 3 of them indicated they used E-Cap, but sometimes one or two character at the end of the sentence can make it the opposite meaning...
Even with a knowledge of Kanji(I know Chinese to begin with and learnt of a lot of different meanings they have in Japanese), Kana(especially the Katakana foreign words it is representing), the letters and numbers, I did make quite a lot of mistakes in interpreting them before I learn more of their sentence structures.