Question about Zone of The Enders Phantoma.

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gundam0089

Question about Zone of The Enders Phantoma.

I read an old interview with Yoji Shinkakwa talking about his ZOE art and mechanics. Amidst of all the Info, there was one piece that stuck out.

The Phantoma LEV is covered in an artificial muscle and ceramic bone plating....so...assuming the internal frame is mechanical with gears, motors, circuits and all. This would make the Phantoma slightly organic, right?

My main question...what possible benefits could ceramic bone and artificial muscle have over any other type of metals and alloys?
Wingnut

Re: Question about Zone of The Enders Phantoma.

Gundam0089 wrote:The Phantoma LEV is covered in an artificial muscle and ceramic bone plating....so...assuming the internal frame is mechanical with gears, motors, circuits and all. This would make the Phantoma slightly organic, right?
Wrong. Muscle and bone it may be, but they are by your own words synthetic materials in their construction, and thus not organic.
My main question...what possible benefits could ceramic bone and artificial muscle have over any other type of metals and alloys?
Mobility and stealth are probably the most notable if Full Metal Panic! is anything to go by.
2nd generation Arm Slaves like as the M6 Bushnell and Rk-92 Savage use hydraulic motors and such like you would find in real world machines to do the jobs of moving arms and legs. The 3rd generation M9s that we see Mithril use have artificial muscle construction instead of the more bulky and I assume noisy gears and pistons of older models which would certainly come in handy while under their ECS cover.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gundam0089

Re: Question about Zone of The Enders Phantoma.

The crazy thing about the artificial musucle I've noticed is, in most art. The Phantoma looks like an astronaut.