Dom Evolution?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
jtrainor

Re: Dom Evolution?

I'm not sure the Gross Beil and Bein Nichts even count as Funf variants in the first place. Model number aside, didn't they show up in a G-Gen game before the Dom Funf even officially existed?
toysdream

I think they were always intended as Dom Funf variations (hence the model number and the visual similarities to the Tropen). Technically, however, their original profiles in G Generation Gather Beat don't mention the Dom Funf - both of them are described as "Rick Dom variations" and the text merely notes that they share some parts with the Tropen type.

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

jtrainor wrote:I'm not sure the Gross Beil and Bein Nichts even count as Funf variants in the first place. Model number aside, didn't they show up in a G-Gen game before the Dom Funf even officially existed?
I think the Funf did exist at that point, it was just never depicted, like the mythical "East Asia Gundam" that appeared on the Seed-MSV chart for years before they revealed it to be the Raigou Gundam.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gelgoog Jager

Another way to look at it is that the Dom Funf would essentially be the Dom equivalent ot the early Gelgoog models, which could be easily reconfigured into other types with minor change of equipment. On the other hand, the MS-09R2 and MS-14F seem to be specialized models with a heavy focus on space combat.

In the end, the main issue that a Dom capable of fighting in both ground and space would face is that it either its soles would have jet thrusters that allow it to hover more efficiently on the ground (namely much longer), but which would be useless in space, or space-use thrusters that would most likely spend much more propellant if used to produce the same hovering effect as the jet thrusters on the ground, which is essentially what any non-Dom type MS does when hovering on teh ground.